Island Defense
March 26, 2019, 12:33:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: It has been a good run  (Read 24448 times)
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« on: March 20, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

K, so I finally have 5 posts.  I would post this on .com, but I know that the topic would just get locked, like all the other posts panda doesn't like.

I'm guilty of supporting panda's version when it was on 2.8.6i simply because I didn't like the idea of mass useless sats.  Once 3.0.0 came out, I was quick to switch versions because of all the unnecessary retarted changes made.  I've been willing to accept most of the changes, even with all of the nature nerf, but panda's changes are just unbearable.  And they don't seem to be changing because of his strong stubbornness.

So now I'm hosting darox's version....However, it has been significantly more difficult to fill up games with darox's version.  And I do not believe this is because people like his version more.  Rather, it is simply because they think it is an old version.  All the time, someone will go something like "HOST NEW VERSION IDIOT HOST."  All of these idiots say PANDA VERSION BETTER, yet they can't even tell me 1 accurate difference between the two.  You can test it yourself and you will see what I mean. 

My point being that you will not see me on Panda's version ever again.  If this version is to fade away, then I too will fade away with it.  No regrets.  It was a great run.

Additional note:
Thank you darox for finally dealing with nature's issue.  It really has been that much more easier to work with now.
I was curious on how panda would change nature for the better, and was greatly dissapointed. And yes I have tried it.  It's much worst.

If you want to know why I hate the Panda's new nature, I will list them:
1)  No more workers being able to build far away from titan makes your gold count that much lower.  Either that, or you can live with no lumber upgrade and hunter.
2)  No more buying items with gold makes hunting that much harder.  No more selling for items makes lumber crap.
3)  "Significant lumber decrease" - I saw an attempt help nature's lumber by making the army "sellable" without the requirement of willows.  The army itself doesn't require that much wood.  In past versions, it takes about 4.5k total to get a full army.  In panda's version it takes about 3.3k now...and if you sell(if your whole army survives..) it cost like what 2.2k?  Too lazy to do that math.  Not much difference.  Reduce the cost of creating an army...but slow down their lumber rate.  Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?  Thanks but no thx.
Opportunity cost is the issue, not the actual cost of creating an army, since lumber is pretty much pauses as long as you have it.
4)  Increase food requirement for army - So now, we have less workers to get a good army.  Not much to say.
5)  Army blink hotkey - you can check my locked rant in .com

After such a long time, this was the best he could come up with.  Makes me wonder if we are even playing the same island defense.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:14:07 PM by kyleep » Logged
ClicketyClick
Banned
Titanious Minion

I have eaten your Abismals.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

Why do you keep saying .org? This is .org. Panda's is .com.

PDBAZ!!!
Lord_Kamakazie
TOWER CONTRACTER
Titan Hunter

Life in 360 Degrees

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »

my first id game in a month or two was with lee in 286b
ok game but titan was a nig and kicked me for no reason.

you can rape the world and be creative now
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »

sue me, i get the 2 mixed up
ClicketyClick
Banned
Titanious Minion

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »

sue me, i get the 2 mixed up
kk, sued ur ass

the cops r cumin for u 2nite

PDBAZ!!!
adam7979
Silly Goose
Global Moderator
Titan Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »

"K, so I finally have 5 posts."

omg you idiot.

+karma me if you think my dick is long;
-karma me if you think my dick is longer than yours.
D1RE
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »

I was wondering if either someone had taken his acc name and was trolling or if I had been msitaken about kyleeps intelligence all along, untill I now realizeso you could get your topic up. I'll come on east so we can play. ^^
Zen1400
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

Obviously someone should take the map deprotect it and rename it to Island Defence 3.0.5

I is pro

The Farmer
TheEmeraldAngel
Worker

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »

good to see kyleep here, but what of the rest of IDG? I'm pretty sure they're in full support of Panda's versions =/
D1RE
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »

I think they're split.
evo
Spearloc

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »

i'm kinda torn between both versions.

darox version - much more balanced, more thought over, less nerfs and buffs on both builders and titans, but comes out once a year.

panda version - less balanced, many, many more changes (imo most are good, but few are bad), risky (releasing public beta versions), panda very up to date on releasing new versions.

i mean, i'm kinda used to the old stuff like the previous nature, health tomes, etc in darox's version.
however, panda still has many other great changes which i enjoy, but has changes many dislike.

idc i'd play both.
jadegolem
Titan Hunter

I Rock, Literally

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS KYLEEP! I FINALLY GET TO MEET YOU KYLEEP! YOU ARE LIKEZ A GOD! btw i cant find murs anymore =(
D1RE
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »

OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS KYLEEP! I FINALLY GET TO MEET YOU KYLEEP! YOU ARE LIKEZ A GOD! btw i cant find murs anymore =(
1: He's a nice guy, but no god.
2: You ain't missin' much.
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »

We've met before apparantly, on bad terms according to my bl.
evo
Spearloc

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »

1: He's a nice guy, but no god.

tf d1re u on crack today?

KYLEEP SENSEI IS GOD!!! (jk no offense God)
D1RE
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »

Chrono, I outplayed him couple of hours ago, I was a lvl higher than him as Tauren. I even got replay if you need proof, gg you.
Syaorann
Spearloc

Mikazuki is fat

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »

K, so I finally have 5 posts. 

loser >:[

kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »

lv is not everything.  You guys put me to wand work and I had to keep my lumber supply going.
Striker
Titanious Minion

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:35:37 AM by Striker » Logged

Best Sig ever
Darox
Controversial!
Administrator
Get a life

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »

Additional note:
Thank you darox for finally dealing with nature's issue.  It really has been that much more easier to work with now.
I was curious on how panda would change nature for the better, and was greatly dissapointed. And yes I have tried it.  It's much worst.

Really, the only serious thing that I did there was knock the build time down to 1/3 of it's previous value. There were some other small things, wood/food cost decrease, blink improvement, etc, but the only thing that was really wrong with them was their massive 45s build time.
Simple and effective solution without disrupting anything.

Oh, Striker, I know JASS. I've used JASS exclusively for triggering in .6 and .6b. It's just that I also know how to use the object editor and get it to do what I want.

As for the "Old" map thing, I suppose I could fix up all the found bugs and rename it "ISLANDDEFENSEV3.7.0" or something.
Other than that though, I'm not really enthused for further ID versions.

Quote from: BodyHammer
I HATE ALL MINORITIES.  WHITE POWER.  I ALSO BEAT WOMEN.
Yesterday my girlfriend pissed me off so I punched her.  Why did she piss me off so much?  She got snippy and was all like "You're a pedophile" so I got pissed and was like "Bitch, don't call me that, and how the hell do you even know that word?  You're only 8."

P.S.  Darox rocks.
Striker
Titanious Minion

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 01:14:47 AM »

Advertise minefield in ID, np.

Best Sig ever
Jming
Worker

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »

way sg kiasu kids are playing darox's ver in garena , not very much, about 50+ games daily. Panda's lesser than 10.

please FAIL me for your greater lost.
please FAME me for your greater good.
ClicketyClick
Banned
Titanious Minion

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 03:02:04 AM »

i agree panda sux

PDBAZ!!!
D1RE
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 03:48:54 AM »

You spelled my name wrong.
-.-
Murs-
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 04:31:12 AM »

As for the "Old" map thing, I suppose I could fix up all the found bugs and rename it "ISLANDDEFENSEV3.7.0" or something.
Other than that though, I'm not really enthused for further ID versions.

make it V4.0 or call it FINAL and write in the loading screen "every other map is HACKED!"  Tongue and a phrase like "plz titan dont camp plz" would be cool so i dont have to remind the titan every time is play :/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:17:11 PM by Revengez » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: