Island Defense
October 19, 2017, 05:53:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on people's lives  (Read 2747 times)
Monkeysmine
I'm awesome
Titan Hunter

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »

do a /whois entid and i normally play some pub to kill time. Feel free to hit me up at tra@uswest (dead clan anyway)

ADAM!!! Why do you play on US West?

Also just to confirm, your username is tra?

If you change usernames how is anyone from the old days supposed to recognize you on Bnet

2lee Shocked
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Monkey :3

tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »

do a /whois entid and i normally play some pub to kill time. Feel free to hit me up at tra@uswest (dead clan anyway)

ADAM!!! Why do you play on US West?

Also just to confirm, your username is tra?

If you change usernames how is anyone from the old days supposed to recognize you on Bnet

ah oh hi, my dear "no ww Sad" tulee

and no, it's clan tra @ uswest, and my username is always adam7979

Adam i am so sorry for the late reply. If you play on west would you like to join our Australian Clan? We play 4-5 hours every day. I can give you our discord channels (both the one i play with (Clan AUS) and the enemy Australian clan which is just as active that we often play against.
The clan AUS discord is: https://discord.gg/nJBwsjd
Clan PASS: https://discordapp.com/invite/CfaaXKp

Just to re-emphasize, Clan AUS is the one i play with. Many of us are on the older side with families and kids, but we all play at least a few games every day, which is incredible given how old war3 is. We just had a custom clan tournament against clan Pass, in which we won 4-1 (games were uther party 1 and 2, mazing contest, madballs (like dodgeball) and dota (ofc dota 1).
The series was streamed on twitch 6 days ago, i am not going to post the link because i was mocked for leaking in maze contest by the host which pissed me off, but its a great clan. The ping is perfect for people who live in australia/NZ/SouthEastAsia. Of course, anyone is welcome to join, we play many games where ping is no so important.

I would also recommend if you guys have time to check out the custom campaigns that hive workshop is putting out, they are just fantastic. You can also find my 2player campaign which is based on one of the wc3 novels that was published by Christie Golden, which should be released within the year. Anyway, if anyone is still reading this, wc3 is still really active, if you ever want to play just come to channel CLAN AUS on us@west during australian time 9pm -12 pm. I will not be on for the next month because my spare time that i do have i am putting all into modding my 2player campaign on hive workshop (i've been spending 6 hours every day playing warcraft 3 for the past few months and not working on my map, so i need to make progress Tongue)

Anyway sorry for the wall of text!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:30:35 PM by tulee » Logged
Bremetar
Titan of the Abyss

Hi

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 05:18:16 AM »

the only people i know who replied to this thread are nukkah and theorchero lmao

Sad

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »

not sure how i feel about tulee typing out complete sentences and having a keyboard with a "C" on it

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »

i once in a while log on to battlenet but it seems the island defense games don't fill up

i mainly play dota but i don't even really play dota much anymore since i've been busy with life stuff

people can add me on skype - badassmother.fucker or steam - murs2 if you want to catch up

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »

also can't believe adam still pays for this shit

tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 05:50:25 AM »

the only people i know who replied to this thread are nukkah and theorchero lmao

Sad

Hello Bremmetar, because my memories of wc3 have not stopped like it has for you guys 10+ years ago, i will not remember most of the people from back then because i am still making new memories of warcraft 3.

not sure how i feel about tulee typing out complete sentences and having a keyboard with a "C" on it
Murs do you still want to play a few games of custom maps every now and then? The current clans like AUS and PASS and others still play tons of custom maps, and would put older clans from all those years ago to shame in terms of skill and ability. If you are looking for custom maps, check out the ent website which shows what is being hosted, or, and i think the better choice, go to makemehost.com and check the list.   The maps hosted here will all be by real people, but you really need to log on during Europe night time to see it being so full there are queues just to host a map since EU players are now 90% of the Bnet community.

Anyway, i heard from Smogul (Clan AUS leader) that you got onto discord and wanted to play warcraft 3. Just tell me what times you can get on and i will try to make it. (Keeping in mind the time difference, + this month i am trying to do significant work on my campaign + other stuff). But yea you guys are really missing out by not playing warcraft 3. Theres still so much content being put out Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:15:50 AM by tulee » Logged
murs
Spearloc

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 12:02:06 AM »

Sad

Hello Bremmetar, because my memories of wc3 have not stopped like it has for you guys 10+ years ago, i will not remember most of the people from back then because i am still making new memories of warcraft 3.

Murs do you still want to play a few games of custom maps every now and then? The current clans like AUS and PASS and others still play tons of custom maps, and would put older clans from all those years ago to shame in terms of skill and ability. If you are looking for custom maps, check out the ent website which shows what is being hosted, or, and i think the better choice, go to makemehost.com and check the list.   The maps hosted here will all be by real people, but you really need to log on during Europe night time to see it being so full there are queues just to host a map since EU players are now 90% of the Bnet community.

Anyway, i heard from Smogul (Clan AUS leader) that you got onto discord and wanted to play warcraft 3. Just tell me what times you can get on and i will try to make it. (Keeping in mind the time difference, + this month i am trying to do significant work on my campaign + other stuff). But yea you guys are really missing out by not playing warcraft 3. Theres still so much content being put out Smiley

yeah lets get some games in
smogul says you play on fridays usually?
with the 15 hour difference i can play at friday noon your time or saturday 8am-12pm your time or sunday anytime

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »

i hope u are ready to get embarrassed in uther party and dota 1 after your bold claim of "The current clans like AUS and PASS and others still play tons of custom maps, and would put older clans from all those years ago to shame in terms of skill and ability."

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 12:05:59 AM »

i'll throw down the gauntlet in mazing contest and madballs too
no warlocks tho?

tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 04:04:49 AM »

i hope u are ready to get embarrassed in uther party and dota 1 after your bold claim of "The current clans like AUS and PASS and others still play tons of custom maps, and would put older clans from all those years ago to shame in terms of skill and ability."

Hi Murs, i normally play everyday 9pm-midnight Australia time, though this month i am a "little" busy. Hmm, i saw the times you are available. How early would you want to wake up on a sunday morning? We need to play when the rest of the clan is on, and since most of them are parents/super busy they cannot log on in the morning or afternoon (i cannot either). So, if we were playing at 9pm Sunday Australia time, I'm guessing that would be 6am your time? I know that is super early, just not sure how we can play with the others, cause the time you are on there will not be any europeans or people from my clan on o.O

About the custom games, i do not think i am exaggerating when i say i am really impressed with the gameplay of the people i play with. While for many of the older players, reaction speed has gone down (including me) so you won't see any fancy finger work game play, many of the people play very strategically, to the extent that it never gets boring playing with them because your opponents will always do something unexpected.

I didn't include warlocks in that list because that map is essentially identifying who is going to die and then everyone ganking that person to take the kill lmao. But yes we do play warlocks.
There are so many other old maps that we play, but there are also tons of good maps still being made that come out everyday that would impress you.

Anyway, glad to see some old players back on, i'm sure if more people came back and saw that the community is still flourishing (despite the ominous "war3 dead" threads that always pop up), many would come back to play. I mean, many of the people in our community have children, wives, and they all still manage to play for the 3 hours every night with us (though whether their wives hate them for it i am not sure haha).

So, i guess the question is how early do you wake up on Sunday Tongue
It sucks that it is so hard to find a suitable time to play due to the time difference.

Hopefully others who see this thread join the discord! You won't likely see me on it as i know exactly when we play, hence i do not need to be on that channel, but it is the most active clan i know, and with it you can find the other australian clan that plays custom maps (clan pass) as well as the singapore clan, ect.
murs
Spearloc

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »

god damn 6am i'll try depends if i go out this saturday or not

murs
Spearloc

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 06:19:13 PM »

how long do you guys usually play for?

tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 11:36:37 PM »

god damn 6am i'll try depends if i go out this saturday or not
We normally play for 3 hours a day, but on saturday and friday we go on longer. I was going to say we could try for saturday night our time but from the times you listed i guess you are busy on saturday.
Anyway, there is no rush as we are always playing haha.
murs
Spearloc

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2017, 02:21:24 AM »

so saturday night == early morning my time? we can try i usually wake up around 7 or 8am

tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2017, 03:30:38 AM »

so saturday night == early morning my time? we can try i usually wake up around 7 or 8am
Sounds great. Keep in mind, the later you come on, the higher chance we will not play customs and will rather be playing dota, as we normally play dota when more people come on A) because many of the customs we play only have room for less than 8, whereas for dota we can have 12 (2 observers) and B) because data is the map the connects the whole community, whereas each individual person has their personal tastes for custom maps. But then later, when people start logging off, we go back to custom maps.

But based on the time you wake up, you would need to wait for most of the people to go to sleep before we could start playing non-dota maps.

But yea, see you saturday then Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: