Island Defense
December 19, 2018, 05:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on people's lives  (Read 7224 times)
nuKKaH
Spearloc

« on: September 19, 2015, 05:18:35 AM »

I'm not sure how visible this post will be, or if anyone even still remembers who I am. I used to play a lot of TFT; mostly dota, and then some island defense. I was in Clan IDG for a bit.

Anyway I thought it would be cool for anyone reading this to post how they're doing in their life.

I'll start, for me I played TFT mostly in middle & high school which is when I was a part of this community. Then I went off to college, got busy with clubs, sports, work, you know typical college stuff, and stopped gaming. Finished college, started working full-time, nothing unusual. Except now I've been playing hearthstone and cs:go pretty regularly.

I'll admit though, I always kept a copy of TFT on my computer and every some odd months I'd log on and play one game of island defense. I came to these forums too; however I'd see no recent posts and close the tab.

So if anyone wants to get together for old times sake to play hearthstone, cs:go, or hell even island defense, hit me up. I don't wanna drop anything too personal here so maybe PM me some way to contact you (I swear I'll check my PMs) and let's game.

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:11:07 AM »

Currently in university and playing Chivalry as my main game.

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »

Life happened to me. I've had a really shitty past few years due to multiple things happening that's beyond my control.

Beyond that though I've been alright. Little worse for the wear but hey I'm alive.

I love CSGO. Add me sometime and when I can I'll accept the friend request and we'll play a game.

Bremetar
Titan of the Abyss

Hi

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »

Nearing the end of my schooling right now and I play the occasional game of dota2 and cs:go. I'm pretty inactive during the school months but would be down to play something once in a while. a bunch of you have me on skype, a few of you have me on facebook, and i'm sure you'll find a way to contact me if you want to

Jelq
Worker

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 03:03:20 PM »

Hi, I'm sure nobody knows me but I have so many fond memories of island defense probably from nearly ten years ago now... I remember when 2.8.5c came out and how much people loved the release. That's the version that sticks in my head anyway. I reinstall WC3 everyone so often and pop on Frozen Throne Battle.net to see if anything is happening but it seems like there is zero activity. Does anyone still play island defense? Is it on WC3 anymore or some other game? I would love more than anything to be able to play it...I still imagine I'm half decent albeit pretty rusty.
siXtheleMent
Not a mod
Speedy Turtle

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

hey buddy grats on finishing college <3
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 01:32:06 AM »

Hit me up at BurnShady@east in channel clan BTI.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gµïdé †ø Wå|| Wå|kïñg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Monkeysmine
I'm awesome
Titan Hunter

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »

nuknuk  Afro
Chocobo69
Worker

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »

Hi can i join IDG please . Also visiting japan right now if you guys care. :3       
theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »

Hi can i join IDG please . Also visiting japan right now if you guys care. :3       

COCO? :c

notClickety
Worker

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »

I've been having a small nostalgia fueled cringe festival reading my old posts on forums I used to browse, kinda shocked that this one is still even up. Had to make a new account since my old one is permabanned. Also can't believe I spent so much time playing this shitty fucking game (without ever becoming good at it too), should have just dedicated my WC3 playtime to DotA or something, at least that went somewhere.

Also, I don't even remember who theorchero is but I do remember I made that god awful signature on the top left since it carries that distinct brand of "use the GIMP smudge tool on everything since that's the only thing I know how to do" that my 14 year old self loved.
notClickety
Worker

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »

After spending a while reading through old shit I think I remember the guy, and now it's even sadder that he's been to talking to himself on this dead ass forum for the last couple of years
theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 04:16:27 AM »

I've been having a small nostalgia fueled cringe festival reading my old posts on forums I used to browse, kinda shocked that this one is still even up. Had to make a new account since my old one is permabanned. Also can't believe I spent so much time playing this shitty fucking game (without ever becoming good at it too), should have just dedicated my WC3 playtime to DotA or something, at least that went somewhere.

Also, I don't even remember who theorchero is but I do remember I made that god awful signature on the top left since it carries that distinct brand of "use the GIMP smudge tool on everything since that's the only thing I know how to do" that my 14 year old self loved.

GOATMAN

theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 04:16:44 AM »

After spending a while reading through old shit I think I remember the guy, and now it's even sadder that he's been to talking to himself on this dead ass forum for the last couple of years

Sad

Playerof
Worker

Happyness

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 03:32:03 AM »

Well I actually just finished high school and am taking a gap year, life has treated me fairly well in the grand scheme of things, I still have my copy of TFT so if anyone wants to play, just contact me.

You'll never be happy. Until you try.
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 01:45:59 AM »

wow never knew you were so young playerof

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »

wow never knew you were so young playerof
lol right

EpiC_PandemiC
Murloc

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 04:39:54 AM »

I feel as if none of you remember who I am... I also don't know if anyone will see this. More than anything, I'm just curious considering I used to play ID so much. I logged into tft a few months ago, and it was so bizarre seeing everything empty. I play things sporadically nowadays, but if anyone wants to hit me up my steam id is toderp.

Lifewise I graduated from college and moved to europe, so there's that.

Credits to RadioactiveFTW for the sig.
tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 08:28:55 AM »

the only people i know who replied to this thread are nukkah and theorchero lmao. Apparently it has been so long since i've played ID that a whole new generation of players have had time to all move on and then remiss about ID.

Anyway, i am still playing war3 quite regularly( the only game i play basically), i mostly stick to custom campaigns (single player) but when i am online i play dota1 and strategy maps (coming of the horde, war in plague lands etc.) and mini game maps ( run kitty run, other party etc.).

I still use my USeast account if anyone ever wants to play something
adam7979
Silly Goose
Global Moderator
Titan Hunter

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »

do a /whois entid and i normally play some pub to kill time. Feel free to hit me up at tra@uswest (dead clan anyway)

+karma me if you think my dick is long;
-karma me if you think my dick is longer than yours.
tulee
KANADIAN FROM SHINA
Murloc

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »

do a /whois entid and i normally play some pub to kill time. Feel free to hit me up at tra@uswest (dead clan anyway)

ADAM!!! Why do you play on US West?

Also just to confirm, your username is tra?

If you change usernames how is anyone from the old days supposed to recognize you on Bnet
adam7979
Silly Goose
Global Moderator
Titan Hunter

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »

ADAM!!! Why do you play on US West?

Also just to confirm, your username is tra?

If you change usernames how is anyone from the old days supposed to recognize you on Bnet

ah oh hi, my dear "no ww Sad" tulee

and no, it's clan tra @ uswest, and my username is always adam7979

+karma me if you think my dick is long;
-karma me if you think my dick is longer than yours.
BakedMakrura
Worker

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »

hey what's up y'all.

i was never a part of these forums but i did love ID long ago on wc3. i'm planning on reinstalling wc3 for some ID nostalgia and am hoping to learn about further developments related to ID standalone, dota2 version, or any other platform through the ID community. i got my masters in electrical engineering so if there's anything i can offer to help with the development (some coding (c++/systemc, matlab, verilog, amateur visual basic) and map building experience on the old school engine) or concept art (super amateur hand-drawing stuff) or ideas in general, i'd love to chat about it

anyway, not sure if my old bnet accts work (i do have a new one for overwatch that i can't remember rn) but if any of you wanna get in touch on steam, my ID is SupaBlaza. i also have discord but i don't remember my id on that either lmao.

i play csgo, dota2, smash(melee and 4), and i plan to increase the variety of games i play when i setup my new rig by the end of this week

cheers!
siXtheleMent
Not a mod
Speedy Turtle

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 06:12:03 AM »

the only people i know who replied to this thread are nukkah and theorchero lmao. Apparently it has been so long since i've played ID that a whole new generation of players have had time to all move on and then remiss about ID.

Anyway, i am still playing war3 quite regularly( the only game i play basically), i mostly stick to custom campaigns (single player) but when i am online i play dota1 and strategy maps (coming of the horde, war in plague lands etc.) and mini game maps ( run kitty run, other party etc.).

I still use my USeast account if anyone ever wants to play something

no shoutout Sad
theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 11:46:43 PM »

I miss you guys! Add me on discord at theorchero#5721 and on steam at theorchero, league is same, on NA.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: