Island Defense
July 15, 2019, 08:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.0.0 Current Standings  (Read 3084 times)
Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« on: February 03, 2015, 05:53:44 PM »

I'm not going to start with the obvious flaws, the item jump the broken ults and missing content.

Instead i would like to talk about EXP Share.
In the current format it is doubtful you will ever see a maxed level titan.
Infact more often then not, you will find a minion if not the same but higher.

Now this might not seem like a big deal.
But each minion has a nuke and has a heal, compare a level 2 to a level 4 and the effectiveness of it has doubled.

A titan does not need to siege your base. Instead with enough minions just sit outside, kill a few walls and wait to nuke you to death. (no nuke stick needed)

On the other hand you have these things called HUNTERS.
What are they, get 4-5 and you used to be able to kill minions, GL in todays games.
They are literally gold feed, fighting a high level minion is suicide and having one in your base is free gold waiting to be nuked.

Next point i want to bring up is the gold penalty.
Take away the fact that builders only need 30 gold to make their best towers with max upgrades for now.
90gold. Its pointless, i cant build anything with it. You can get a super > upgrades. What use is it? Am i suppose to upgrade my titan with +200hp? Get venomspear or maybe get another 200hitpoints.

I get the reasoning behind the 30gold and cap your towers.
Yet its lazy, just because you made the titan stupidly strong with minions and stupidly weak without them doesnt mean you can make the scraps of gold you can obtain in the first few seconds enough to max your base.

Tombs are gone... In a nuke heavy game limiting a supports hitpoint is annoying.
800hp mag will still get instant nuked with EASE! Thats a huge investment in hitpoints.

Demon needs a wood reduction somewhere.
You're spending so much to upgrade your walls, get summons 2500 for building 3000 for doubles. Its 15mins before you have enough to even try to kill a minion.
Also his walls give INSANE! exp. They are WALLS! take away the gold the titan is getting he should not be getting huge exp for camping the middle and chasing a demon round and round.

Draneil.
The army is to hard to make.
First time i tried to make it i got pissed of and couldnt figure it out.
Second time i got pissed off again because the constructs start with ZERO! mana.
Third time i spend 5 mins just getting enough mana on each one i used all my heros mana via transfer and got him killed because he had no blink mana.
Also the channeling is retarded. Either remove the channeling or give them full mana. It should be a defensive strat for a falling base to pull them out and try block titan.

Tauren and spineys is retarded.
All that exp, also i think their stuns need to be toned down.
Also on the subject of tauren you need to stop making all the bases so small.
You already nerfed the best factory base with random walling. You need to have bases for a tuaren and a no gold fairly/goblin to base in!

Teleports @ 15gold is expensive for supports to buy, sure they can be game changing but damn, how am i suppose to support 3 bases when it costs me 45 gold.

I think thats about all so far.
I seriously think you should consider bring back the merchants first.
They give so much towards the ability to bring down minions also gives people more advantage of trapping and killing a titan.
Yet they do give truesight which itself is OP early game.

I'm sure ill have more to add.
Cheers

Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »

Yes, hence the fact being that it's a beta. The most important part now is that the map is in a fluid state and can be molded to fix flaws that the map has always had.

Good feedback, I look for to reading more.
Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »

Cool as...

A few more things, Such as titan hunters losing items when they die.
Its rather annoying since demons hunter is a summon. Meaning i cant equip him with items

When your 2 hours deep and your bath is level 16 and hes capped you need to be equiping him with super towers otherwise the titan just walks away delaying the game.

While lategame demon has nothing to spend his gold on he does have a merchant yet has no reason to build it.
I just find myself buying venom spears for people to sell.

Regarding builders items.
The shield is rather over powered.
I like the idea that all builders can now have 6 slots but the sheild doesnt just give hitpoints but magic resistance.
You should have to mix and match items not just stack sheilds to avoid nuke stick chickens Smiley

Keep up the good work  Afro
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:09 AM »

I'm not going to start with the obvious flaws, the item jump the broken ults and missing content.
Broken Ultimates?

Experience Sharing
In 0096 there is a slightly different system where minions should level up slower. I'd neglected to update the experience script in previous versions.

Gold Penalty + Gold Costs
Upgrade costs are fluid at the moment, meaning that they're definitely going to be changed. I still stand by the decision to keep merchants as tier 4 structures though, as they provide late-game support. Hunters should be primarily used early to mid game, even though they're not as you said.

Tomes.
Tomes are not gone for good, I wouldn't fret there.

Demonologist's Wood
As with gold upgrades, Demonologist is fluid and his costs will be changing very soon.

Demonologist's walls' experience.
Correct, they are too high and have been reduced for 0096.

Draenei army is to hard to make.
Agreed, this should be reviewed and improved.

Tauren and spineys is retarded.
All that exp, also i think their stuns need to be toned down.
Fixed in 0096, stuns will be looked into.

All the bases so small.
There are still quite a few well suited bases for Tauren. The problem is making a base that is good for Tauren but not overpowered when used by others. Top-right, mid-right, and bottom-right are still great places.

Teleports @ 15gold is expensive.
You shouldn't be supporting 3 bases at once, that's not how the game is supposed to work.

Titan hunters losing items when they die.
That is pretty lame, and will be looked into. Balthazar has his items dropping fixed in 0096 already.

While lategame demon has nothing to spend his gold on he does have a merchant yet has no reason to build it.
I just find myself buying venom spears for people to sell.
Eventually, Demonologist will have Puppet's old towers.

The shield is rather over powered.
And costs a lot too. I don't really see your point here...
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 05:17:34 AM »

Only played the new version once, where I fed an entire nature protector army trying to kill a lv 3 minion ez, so I can't really comment.

I had a bunch of ideas for changes before, but one thing I thought really needed changing were the instant, or almost instant tier 2 walls for all builders. It comes online way too quickly for everyone if played properly. In an unlucky game, going through tier 2 walls constantly is annoying in the beginning. You progress at snails pace if they repair it, and you don't progress at all if they combine.

Primarily, the goal is to solve the beginning where titan's have a completely bad start, while leaving the rest of the game unaffected. I'm sure there's a bunch of ways to approach it. Adding an intermediate wall would prob be annoying, and adding a research upgrade may be problematic for newer players. Perhaps making only the tier 2 walls have minus 3-5 armor for the first 5ish min, and lifting the minus armor if he gets a minion before that time.

A minor thing I thought needed change was just doing a 5x to all of the gold/exp gained, and 5x the cost of everything. Working with low intervals limits flexibility. Doing this just allows you to be more flexible with feed distribution, which I do think needs to be adjusted a bit. But then everyone has to learn new values.

Just some thoughts.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »

Interestingly enough, that idea has been implemented in 4.0.0 kyleep. Walls are 100 hp weaker and need to be upgraded at a RC in order to go back to being at the normal stats again.

Interesting idea with boosting resource values, I'm not quite sure how necessary it is however since feed numbers are usually high (greater than 50 usually) etc.
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »

Oh, noice. That's a start.

Also, don't know when it was change, but I like that minion are able to heal, even though they are full hp.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: