Island Defense
August 22, 2017, 12:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teasers please  (Read 3718 times)
Zpike
Worker

« on: December 02, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »

I really want to see some more teasers on this, especially the concept art.

Thanks!
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »

I'll ask Matt if I can post more. There's other art around the forums, mostly in the main Island Defense discussion though.

Zpike
Worker

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »

yea, i've seen that.

i guess he said no? what's the reason btw? i cant see why he wouldn't want to create hype around the game with source 2 out soon
theorchero
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »

I totally forgot to be honest, LOL.

stabbedbyapanda
Worker

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »

I guess this fell through since there is absolutely nothing about it under Island Defense Standalone? No pinned topics, no information.... No pictures.... Or does it still exist but it because of poor management and leadership? You are making a standalone game this isn't a wc3 map you can just keep underwraps and will explode in popularity when it is released. No hype=No Advertising=Fail game. This will be an online game meaning you will need servers that you have to pay for. Just letting you know. Anyways Is this still happening, I need to know if I should move on or not.
Zpike
Worker

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »

There is a newfag claiming he is developing ID standalone, he goes by the nickname ShadowZz, don't mistake him for anyone else with shadow in their name because he isn't, this guy started playing ID in late 2014. Anyways that will be highly unprobable to be completed.

So that leaves the DotA 2 Island Defense version the last hope for ID. I think it has a decent chance to be popular since /r/dota2 seemed to enjoy the concept when it got posted, and also the fact that ID is a great game and the dota 2 crew is doing a good job so far.
Jelq
Worker

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »

I am sure this is the wrong place to post it but I want to repost it here just on the off chance someone sees it and knows what's going on:

Hi, I'm sure nobody knows me but I have so many fond memories of island defense probably from nearly ten years ago now... I remember when 2.8.5c came out and how much people loved the release. That's the version that sticks in my head anyway. I reinstall WC3 everyone so often and pop on Frozen Throne Battle.net to see if anything is happening but it seems like there is zero activity. Does anyone still play island defense? Is it on WC3 anymore or some other game? I would love more than anything to be able to play it...I still imagine I'm half decent albeit pretty rusty.
Zpike
Worker

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Yeah it still gets played, bot name is "ENTID" /Whois ENTID

Averages about 48 games a day (30 minute average queue time but depending on the time of the day it will vary more).
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:57 AM »

I get like 5minute queue times at peak time. Don't play in the dead zone.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gµïdé †ø Wå|| Wå|kïñg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
theorchero
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »

I am sure this is the wrong place to post it but I want to repost it here just on the off chance someone sees it and knows what's going on:

Hi, I'm sure nobody knows me but I have so many fond memories of island defense probably from nearly ten years ago now... I remember when 2.8.5c came out and how much people loved the release. That's the version that sticks in my head anyway. I reinstall WC3 everyone so often and pop on Frozen Throne Battle.net to see if anything is happening but it seems like there is zero activity. Does anyone still play island defense? Is it on WC3 anymore or some other game? I would love more than anything to be able to play it...I still imagine I'm half decent albeit pretty rusty.

It's still played.

The game is being developed as an in-depth mod for Dota 2.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: