Island Defense
January 21, 2019, 06:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Added Huntress?  (Read 2273 times)
Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« on: November 27, 2014, 01:55:43 AM »

I have no played ID in YEARS!

But i have been around way before panda.
And we through he was just doing it for the glory, who the f*** added huntress.

Id assume i dont need to tell you. But what i should tell is your suppose to build a base for the titan to sieage.
Not remove every last ounce of food and go hunting the titans... this is not DOTA this is no RPG's the titan is not a boss.

I figured it was just how people played, titans killing everything but bases.
builders picking shitty builders

but fact of the matter is the titan is no titan... hes just a minion awaiting to slaying of the noob builders.
while the builders are left sitting in their base for a titan that will NEVER COME!
Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:59:07 AM »

Feed reduction was implemented for a reason...
Added useless builders like 10 satyrs removes the point of the game!

I also had a little try at the other new builders base, talk about OP.
Their towers are troll towers!

Yet to see a tauren base.
Did a goblin factory base the everyone has a ping... have YOU NEVER SEEN A FACTORY BASE BEFORE!

Ahh Let blood drown the weak
this game is pitiful

your soul is mine (said the editor)
Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:57:39 AM »

I find this confusing, you talk of different things than you ask about.
Cannot remember who added huntress, certainly cannot remember who added Tauren, Satyr and Demonologist either. But the idea of these builders serving as a supporting class should be a welcome addition to earlier builders who spend their whole games lumbering up before making a base and staying put in place.

Now, this'll just be my opinion but the essence of Island Defense is playing survival with the Titan, something I also find to be lost.

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
Playerof
Worker

Happyness

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »

I actually agree, the titan is either too weak or too strong, I believe there should never be a time when the titan looses because they didn't get early feed or minion because if all builders are good they can make self denying LBs which by the way shouldn't even be a thing!

You'll never be happy. Until you try.
Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »

Has been for a long time been that way. The game starts out alright, builders scatter to kickstart hidden industries and brace themselves for a long chase of surviving a marauding Titan epidemic. Practical play of basebuilding builders is to stay hidden, gather up lumber and if taking the risk, braving the Titan den for gold.

It sounds as if the Titan fields a whole lot of presence, whereas he does not. His field presence at best is dependent on kickstarting with a Minion or acquiring more feed than builders can harvest gold meanwhile (only really feasible when feed is presented rather than forced). He doesnt field the same presence because he hasnt really been given anything to keep up with the new array of supporting builders.

Problem to me is how builders in present versions are rewarded too much and too easily by golding at mid. Gathering 45 gold for a base builder at the mound was a whole lot more difficult to acquire in early versions before supporting builders appeared that made approaching mound a viable option. They couldnt field affordable presence and builders had less means of staying clear of the Titan. Not to say builders back then didnt try to approach the mound, but a group of murlocs, trolls and makruras dont field the same presence as a mixture of magnataurs, demonologists and Taurens mixed in.

Problem is how the Titan hasnt been provided with means to retain the risk/reward builders had to brave at the mound, its too safe there.
Golding at the mound shifts the game into lategame far quicker than the games design should favor.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:07:57 PM by Smygarn » Logged

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »

^ all valid points, agreed.

For the record, I added Huntress but she didn't quite work out how I wanted (too much of a split between buffing yourself vs buffing your spirit companion). I wish I could figure out what you were trying to say from the rest of your messages, but I'm struggling.
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »

Has been for a long time been that way. The game starts out alright, builders scatter to kickstart hidden industries and brace themselves for a long chase of surviving a marauding Titan epidemic. Practical play of basebuilding builders is to stay hidden, gather up lumber and if taking the risk, braving the Titan den for gold.

It sounds as if the Titan fields a whole lot of presence, whereas he does not. His field presence at best is dependent on kickstarting with a Minion or acquiring more feed than builders can harvest gold meanwhile (only really feasible when feed is presented rather than forced). He doesnt field the same presence because he hasnt really been given anything to keep up with the new array of supporting builders.

Problem to me is how builders in present versions are rewarded too much and too easily by golding at mid. Gathering 45 gold for a base builder at the mound was a whole lot more difficult to acquire in early versions before supporting builders appeared that made approaching mound a viable option. They couldnt field affordable presence and builders had less means of staying clear of the Titan. Not to say builders back then didnt try to approach the mound, but a group of murlocs, trolls and makruras dont field the same presence as a mixture of magnataurs, demonologists and Taurens mixed in.

Problem is how the Titan hasnt been provided with means to retain the risk/reward builders had to brave at the mound, its too safe there.
Golding at the mound shifts the game into lategame far quicker than the games design should favor.

Fucking this.

I think Matt is going to adjust for this though in the Hammer version of ID.

Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »

^ all valid points, agreed.

For the record, I added Huntress but she didn't quite work out how I wanted (too much of a split between buffing yourself vs buffing your spirit companion). I wish I could figure out what you were trying to say from the rest of your messages, but I'm struggling.

Picking the builder does 2 things.
Reduces the titans feed, makes bases hard to siege.

Makes titans job harder
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: