Island Defense
March 23, 2019, 09:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: when do you see gaming as an addiction?  (Read 1397 times)
davidcox
Worker

« on: August 11, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »

I figured I would ask other games when they think gaming becomes an addiction. I would say that my husband plays way too much, but I want other peoples opinions on when it's too much.

Carnerox
Global Moderator
Worker

Argg.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »

I think everyone who plays games are addicted to some extent. Now making games someones life is a lot different.

Is he:

Not going to work(or school if he is) to just play games.
Becoming very recluse and not wanting to interact with friends or even you?
Becoming hostile when asked to eat or anything bringing him away from video games?

More information can help.
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »

I can't tell if you are a spammer or someone who genuinely wants people to talk. Heh.

Anyway, no gaming isn't really an addiction, no more than watching TV or playing sports is, those are just are more socially acceptable. Anything in excess can harm you, but due to the way most people react when someone spends the majority of their time on a computer and based off of your reactions it doesn't sound very severe. You should pay attention to the number of activities a computer offers. There are reasons some people use it exclusively, games, for obvious reasons, but they offer other things such as TV (without ads/commercials, when/where/how you want them, vastly superior to TV in every way. It's also free) and work uses as well. Everything else is really just obsolete.

Bremetar
Titan of the Abyss

Hi

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »

With your name spelling out David Cox, the husband part really threw me off. Gaming addictions do exist and there were a large number of people who got addicted to World of Warcraft. Its no different from any other type of addiction whether its drugs, smoking, or tv.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:39:13 AM »

To answer the question, I think gaming only becomes an addiction when one has a compulsive need for it. If it is something he prefers to do in his spare time over other things, and is still capable of accomplishing necessary daily routines, it isn't an addiction.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time.
A hobby turns into an addiction when you neglect the things you care about due to the hobby, like friends, family, work or study.
Don't confuse a hobby one is passionate about with an addiction.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: