Island Defense
January 19, 2019, 07:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your top 3 game genres?  (Read 1285 times)
davidcox
Worker

« on: August 11, 2014, 12:58:56 AM »

Which genre of games do you like the best? What are your top 3 favorites? I guess you can list more if you want Tongue.

I would have to say
1. Music/rhythm
2. RPG
3. Puzzle

I like a lot of weird/off-beat games too.

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:49:07 PM »

I've been playing a lot of Chivalry for about a year and a half now. It's a First Person Slasher.
I also enjoy RPGs like the Elder Scrolls series and action RPGs like Diablo.
Of course I played island defense a LOT but regular warcraft 3 (RTS) isn't the kind of game I like to play (just do the campaign).

Oh and Hearthstone is fun..

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »

1.) RPGs, action RPGs too. Games like Elder Scrolls especially.

2.) MOBAs/RTS games for campaign. Mobas take up most of it but oldschool RTS are good too.

3.) Anno 1602 esque games. City/Island etc management games. Build shit, you build it wrong nothing is going to work and your city/island is going to fail. Like civilization, though I haven't actually played that particular game.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »

The games I like and the games I play is different because I only play games where delay isn't a huge factor, or has an AU server, since I live in NZ. But since this is a thread for favourite genres, I will keep it about favourite genres only.

Specific genres:

1. Survival games like Island Defense, Jurassic Park.
2. MMoRPG games where there is a good market for trading, I love trading shit; ripping people off for low, then ripping people off for high prices. Scamming is cool too, but depends on how many kids are playing in the game. (Path of Exile, WoW, RuneScape, ROSEonline, etc.)
3. Unique Single player games, there are games I love because I haven't played any other game like it. (Newground games, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age2, Bioshock infinite, GTA SA, etc.)

I love games which involves one huge high risk high gain scenario, where if you fuck something up, you have to restart, but not for something like PoE hardcore, since I play way too risky for that. This is great for survival games like Island Defense and Jurassic Park, and Path of Exile soft-core maps.

The game I enjoyed the most was probably playing on WoW private servers (poor high school student). The PvP is incredible, from 2v2 Arena to battlegrounds, to insane open world PvP. I also had a group of friends to stomp with which was cool.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: