Island Defense
March 21, 2019, 05:51:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [In Development] Island Defense 4.0.0  (Read 5207 times)
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« on: June 28, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »

I sometimes stream development here: http://www.twitch.tv/novynn. Feel free to drop by and chat.

Island Defense 4.0.0
Tides of Redemption

Click here for the current Bug List.

F.A.Q
Why 4.0.0?
I've been working on this one for a while, recreating the entire game code from scratch. Everything is new under the hood, and it should allow for much easier additions and modifications later on. Core game-play hasn't changed much, so you won't notice much of a difference. Things you may like:
  • Voting - Everything is now voted for, there is no longer such thing as a "builder leader". Game modes, tweaks, and new features will all be up to how you want to play the game.
  • New Game System - The game can now be paused, stopped, resumed and restarted at any point. This means if the titan leaves before choosing, the game will simply restart when a new titan is found. You will be able to vote to restart the game if everyone agrees it should be.
  • Team Swapping - You will be able to swap teams with another player in-game, bringing back the beloved "-builder" command as well as the new "-swap" command which allows players to switch units, structures, and resources with a friend (if they agree of course!).
  • Puppeteer Back! - Just kidding. Seriously, why is this the first request anyone makes of me?!
  • Fortnightly Release Cycle - After a stable release that is. Bugs, bugs, bugs! The map is riddled with them. Not to mention imbalance. Fortnightly releases will allow for bugs to be squashed and imbalances to be ironed out.
Why now?
I've got finals this week and I'm starting a 5 course 40 hour a week semester in two weeks. Is there ever a better time?

What's this ToR thing?
Tides of Redemption (or ToR, not to be confused with all the other ToR's out there) is my re-imagining of Island Defense's core game-play mechanics. There is sometimes simply not enough interest or demand in Island Defense, as the goals in the game are extremely primitive. I plan to create ToR as an optional game mode that enhances the game by adding new challenges and mechanics that will engage you into the game more and will keep games from dragging on. Ideas are floating around in my head already, but if you have anything you've ever thought of something yourself feel free to contact me.

Why suddenly not so lazy?
Well, I am still lazy of course. I want to give Island Defense a fighting chance and not just have it be 3.0.9d forever.

Anything not here? Feel free to leave a message in the thread and I'll get back to you.

Currently working on creating the following code from scratch:
  • Game Initialization
  • Game Mode System
    • AR / BR / AR
  • GameTimer System
  • Multiboard System
    • Defender Board
    • Titan Board
    • Voting Board
  • Penalty Timer
  • Unit Manager
    • Spawn Defender
    • Spawn Titan
    • Spawn Minion
    • Spawn Hunter
  • Death
    • Defender Death
    • Titan Death
    • Minion Death
    • Hunter Death
  • Game Settings
  • Tweak System
    • EXP
    • GC
  • Command System
    • -swap
    • -restart
    • -cam
    • -obs
    • -kick
    • -builder
  • Voting System
  • Race Selection
  • Game Over
  • Leave Events (Needs testing)
  • Experience System
  • Feed Reduction System
  • W3MMD (Basic Support - Same as current map)
  • HCL (Later)
  • Restructure races (Later)
  • Recreate Titan Abilities (Later)

Terrain Changes
http://imgur.com/a/vOzJS
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:29:19 PM by Neco » Logged
SpiritBreaker
Worker

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »

Followed on Twitch. Keep up the good work. Smiley
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:20:10 AM »

Cool.

IDk why you'd put lillypads in grass, but you know..

edit: Also, why do all of your "remade" titans have the exact same abilities? Numbers and all?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:11:27 PM by theorchero » Logged

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Cool.

Because there exists a neutral critter that's a frog who can hop around on the grass.

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:36 PM »

Cool.

Because there exists a neutral critter that's a frog who can hop around on the grass.
but lillypads belong in the water.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: