Island Defense
March 25, 2019, 02:58:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyre -- The Titan of Time  (Read 3387 times)
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« on: December 27, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »

Theorchero Presents:

Tyre the Legendary Titan of Time

Lore

Tyre is a thing of ancient times, old and powerful. Older than worlds.
His power was so great that he had the ability to bend time itself around him, to travel within it, and of it.
He was the one the Guardians feared, for in his power, he had knowledge of all what would be, and he set events in motion to follow his will.
The Guardians feared this power, and conspired to pool their strength to create terrible beasts of great power.

These were the Titans, they were forged from the elements, of fire, and water, the very earth itself. They were mighty, and set against Tyre while under the control of their makers, the Guardians. However, the Titans, while powerful enough to challenge Tyre, became unreliable and violent in their struggle. They became difficult to control, like rabid, wandering disasters.

Tyre attempted to escape by bending time around himself -- to exist between worlds and time, but he was struck and greatly wounded.

The Guardians shuddered as Tyres spell went terribly wrong. The world wailed and screeched when the portal was wrent, and Tyre and the tumbling Titans spiraled into the unknown.

Thus, he awoke, wounded, his power drained and his sanctuary defiled, to find an odd assortment of strange and hostile animals around him.

Tyre is a titan that is highly mobile early game, but scales well into sieging late game. He requires a lot of feed though.
Tyre players will have to rely on his vast mobility and use his teleports wisely to be effective.
He will be hard, high risk high reward titan to master.

Abilities

Time Leak

-Innate, passive
-Slow Poison

Tyre's strikes are coated with trace elements of time travel. This causes his strikes to age the target, slowing their movement and attack speed by 35%.
The first strike Marks the target in time for 6 seconds, and subsequent strikes have a 10% of sending a Reverberation through time,
moving the target to the original position where they were marked. This effect cannot occur more than once in 10 seconds.

Bend Time

-Innate, Active
-Self Targeted

Tyre concentrates, and bends a hole in time. The hole is tethered to Tyre, and he can relinquish his power (Cast the ability again),
allowing the hole to collapse and bringing him with it. The hole gives vision equal to a floating eye, and is placed where Tyre is standing.
Cast time for teleportation is 1 second, and shows a graphic of the teleportation. The hole cannot be targeted by spells, abilities, or be killed.

The hole lasts 45 seconds. Teleporting to it does not break invisibility.

120 second cooldown.

Condensed Time

-Active, Area-Targeted (Slow projectile)
-Nuke

Tyre compresses a ball of space and time and launches it at the target location. Unlike other nukes, this initial damage ability's damage is low, but deals increasing amount of damage per bounce. Upon being struck, they have a resonance of the nuke. The initial damage is dealt, and if it is not bounced within two seconds, it bounces periodically on itself, every two seconds. Max of 3 bounces per unit, bounces prioritize targets already afflicted. Targets already afflicted receive bonus damage from subsequent bounces. Maximum of 10 bounces.

If the target is coated with traces of time from his passive, it will trigger a Reverberation and stun them for 1 second.

Levels:

1/3/5

35/40/45 per bounce,
5/10/15 bonus,
8/7/6 second cooldown,
120/100/80 mana cost.

Time Dilation

-Active, self-targeted
-Wind Walk

Tyre forges a powerful field of gravity that pulls at time itself. Sundering it at himself, the field is so strong that he co-exists in this time twice. Tyre enters invisibility and creates a clone where he was. The clone deals no damage, and takes twice as much damage. Upon exiting invisibility, the clone disappears.
Tyre can cast the ability again to leave invisibility and teleport to the clone.

Notes:

-The Clone can attack, with conditions.

-The Clone's attacks only deal damage to structures.

-The Clone can attack units but only for the slow poison.

Event Unwind

-Passive
-Heal

Tyre has regained a portion of his forsight, allowing him to predict attacks and to absorb their energy to his own uses.
Provides % damage reduction, and heals him for a % of the original damage.

Levels:

1/3/5/7

Damage Reduction:

20/25/30/35%

Healing:

40/45/50/55% of the original damage

Chance:

15/20/25/30%

Note: Damage healed is based off the original damage.

So if you had level 1 Time Unwind, and were hit with 100 damage (and it activated) you would reduce the damage by 20 and heal for 40, resulting in 40 net damage being taken, or a total "reduction" of 60%.

Gravity Well

-Area Targeted
-Ultimate

Tyre wields great power and turns time in a storm of gravity, force, and distortion. The Distortion field affects a large area, reducing attack speed, movement speed, and animation speed by 35%. Increases Tyre's Movement/Attack speed by 35%, and increases Event Unwind's damage reduction and healing by 20%,
and doubles the chance while in the field. Lasts 10 seconds.

Requires level 12

Old Scout ability

Known Portent

-Innate, Active
-Area Targeted

Tyre concentrates, and sends a piece of himself into the future at the location, manifesting itself as an eye, revealing the area for a long time. Only one Eye may exist at once. Tyre can activate the ability to begin to teleport to it. This ability is channeled for 4 seconds, and it reveals  the eye and Tyre while it is being teleported to. Cannot be targeted by towers, but can be killed by any unit, cancelling the teleportation. Range and duration increases per level. Takes two seconds to become invisible, and can be killed during that time. If there is no 2x2 space within a small range around the Eye, the teleportation will fail. Grants a bounty of 5 gold.

Levels:

1*/3/5

Duration:

60/90/120 Seconds

Cooldown:

60/40/25 Seconds

Range:

Average (1/2 Nuke Range)/Long (1.5x nuke range)/Huge (3.0x Nuke Range)

Effect:

Average Sight/Larger Sight (75% Pearl)/Sees invisible units

*Note: Although it is innate, it may be leveled like any other skill, only the first level is already learned.

While the eye cannot be killed by towers, it can be killed by food sources.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:05:51 PM by theorchero » Logged

Carnerox
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

God dammit Tyre, give me my chicken back!
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »

When I read titan of time, i thought it would be corny. When I read the suggestion, i jizzed. Very well done, orc. I didn't take the time to look at the numbers very much but the concept is amazing.

One thing I'm a little confused by. His event unwind says that it heals the original damage. Does that mean that it heals the amount it would have done had the ability not reduced it?

I love the windwalk. With audacius the image was completely useless if they saw you windwalk or if they saw it hit something. Being able to switch back to it would make it very useful indeed.

The known portent might be a little strong if it's innate. I know it's got a large amount of time to ready itself before you teleport, but it would be incredibly strong having it at spawn.

I love the slow poison, that moment of WTF on the builder would just make my day.

The ult is pretty nice, too. It gives you that additional edge to siege through a base. But how long would it last?

All around, I would probably play island defense a lot more if this titan were added. No joke. 

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »

Intro text is perfect. +1  Wink

Monkeysmine
I'm awesome
Titan Hunter

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

Hurts my eyes -1
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:03 AM »

Hurts my eyes -1

Is your monitor color blind? Cause my monitor shows me all the page black!

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:25 AM »

lol ikr? its pretty easy to read

theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:52 PM »

fixed a couple things and added the reverberation effect to the nuke (I forgot to originally Tongue)

sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »

The second innate seems too powerful, even full deny bases wouldn't work against it.. Unless the main builder stayed in thier lumber base at all time, you could just teleport in, kill everything, and kill the walls on your way out.. Since towers can't kill it, this is just beyond powerful.

http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,2075.0.html

Quote from: theorchero
We need summoning powder first.

We make it from the blood of a chocobo, bone powder of a Bremetar, the fine ass hairs of a P0ny, and congealed heart of an Accer.

Plus a couple oranges, a slice of bread, and a single peanut.
Quote from: Neco
Copying a certain arrangement of bytes in a manner dictated by other users isn't stealing.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 02:19:03 AM »

Honestly, it works in the same sense that mini minion would work in a full deny base. What concerns me is early basing against him. But I guess if you were playing him you just wouldn't do that then, like with foss.

sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »

Honestly, it works in the same sense that mini minion would work in a full deny base. What concerns me is early basing against him. But I guess if you were playing him you just wouldn't do that then, like with foss.
The issue is, its nothing like mini-minions. Mini-minions can be killed by towers and fruits, his teleport can't. His teleport is only stopped by a unit. In a full normal base, yoiu can see the mini-minions coming, a teleport takes four seconds, it could even be in your damn walls and get moved to the inside of the base.

We make it from the blood of a chocobo, bone powder of a Bremetar, the fine ass hairs of a P0ny, and congealed heart of an Accer.

Copying a certain arrangement of bytes in a manner dictated by other users isn't stealing.
theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

I have access to a computer for a very limited time.

To answer your questions:

-The teleport "eye" can be killed by anything but towers. So a fruit tree CAN kill it.

-Additionally, the teleport causes both the titan and the eye to be visible for four seconds. That's lots of warning.

-If you actually read the damn description you will see how I mentioned that it REQUIRES a 2x2 space.

If it is does not Directly touch a 2x2 space that is empty, the teleportation won't work.

edit: This is really risky. Ask carn, he has all the info on whats happened.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:24:45 PM by theorchero » Logged

Monkeysmine
I'm awesome
Titan Hunter

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:25 PM »

But... you're no longer at Disney
sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »

I have access to a computer for a very limited time.

To answer your questions:

-The teleport "eye" can be killed by anything but towers. So a fruit tree CAN kill it.

-Additionally, the teleport causes both the titan and the eye to be visible for four seconds. That's lots of warning.

-If you actually read the damn description you will see how I mentioned that it REQUIRES a 2x2 space.

If it is does not Directly touch a 2x2 space that is empty, the teleportation won't work.

My apologies, I had mis-intrepreted the 2x2 part. disregard the majority of my whining. With anything other than towers being able to kill it, its bloody genius.

theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »

Added a new scout ability, but kept the old one at the bottom.

Let me know what you guys think!

I am also considering adding a Minions section to it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: