Island Defense
July 23, 2019, 03:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: End-game VOLCANIC end-game suggestion  (Read 6945 times)
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« on: October 31, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »

My ultimate suggestion (may be edited):

Quote from: Burn
VOLCANIC end-game suggestion

-After 61 minutes after the titan has spawned, there will be a volcano eruption, destroying everything with fast moving debris erupting from the gold mound. 4th GP
-After 1 minute, have the volcanic ash cloud the screen and kill off all units due to polluted air.
-After every GP, the ground will start shaking and rumble to warn people of the volcanic eruption. (Either through game chat, or, make the screen actually tremble for half a second)
-After 59mins after the titan has spawned, the trees will begin to turn grey and will be able to be cut down for 100 wood per tree to make a little un-nukable tree base.
-When game ends before 60 minutes, the end-game scenario begins, surviving builders are given 30g and 1000 lumber and the end-game scenario is triggered. Titans will have max. souls, and will trigger avatar form and be immune to magic.
-In order for a builder to survive the debris (which instantly kills any unit or building), the builders must build a unique building from each race.
-In order for the titan to survive, the titan must kill every last builder for souls(lumber replaced by souls), which will transform him and all his minions to have magic immunity to outlast the volcanic debris. Leaver builders give titan souls.Trigger the titans to have magic immunity and avatar form after all builders are dead in case of leaver builders, and make leaver builders give souls when leaving

Volcanic bunker stats:
-Cost: 30 Gold and 1k wood It costs 30G because you get a bonus of 30G at the 4th GP. You should already have 150G worth of gold -from the previous 3 GPs. (90+30+30)
-10s build time.
-Flying unit (you can walk over the building like a Light Energy Tower or Toxic tower), but is unable to be built on any terrain.
-Invulnerable. So builders can't TK your building
-Can load 2 units in the building if shared control, can store two builders.
-Can only be built after the 4th GP.

Model and animation information:
For the volcano's model, just make it a enlarged version of Panda's tower (or similar).
Some fiery animations for the volcano's debris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oVIqNVBYnJI#t=20s
First boss from Enfo's MT older versions has a really awesome Volcano skill, I'll try to get a video up since I can't find any awesome volcano skills.
Can even have different unique buildings for different races. ie. Goblin's one can be a flying Copter unit, Huntress can have a flying hippogryph, and the rest just buildings taken from ladder or something.

Origins:

Most of us already know that games lasting over 60 minutes are no fun for the builders.

It'll be cool if the story was changed and builders were stranded on the island trying to wait for help, harvesting what resources they have in order to make a structured base to defend against the titan. When 60mins. is up, helicopters for each and every builder come in after 60 or so minutes then in 5 minute intervals and you get to control the helicopter or boat units to take you to safety.

With this, you can also put optional stuff in where builders can actually kill the trees after the 59min. mark, which would be awesome to guarantee safety and just awesome in general if you want to dig your way out of your own base to try to avoid nukes or something.

More stuff you can put in for titan bonuses can be a temporary main titan invulnerability buff or no Cooldown on any skills for the last seconds of the game or something?

This way, only the surviving builders get to win, and there's actually something for builders to look forward to, instead of afk-ing, dying of boredom or what I do is I just leave after the 40 mins or 50 mins mark. Of course, games won't last any longer than 60 minutes, and builders won't play all risky and fuck around as much (most cases), you can even put some sort of randomisation thing where it'll randomly generate a way to end the game after the 60 min timer is up.

Note: 60 minutes after the game starts is just before 4th GP triggers, since GP only starts when titan spawns. A separate suggestion would be to automatically force the titan to random after a certain amount of time so that games aren't ruined by afk titans or titans leaving before the titan spawn countdown.

Thoughts?

-Burn
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:22:05 PM by Burn » Logged

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »

Summary: copy of jurassic park.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »

I like it, as long as its not just the generic "ok 60 minutes you win" thing. I'd stick with boats though, helicopters don't seem very island defense like.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »

Undead Assault was actually the one that inspired this suggestion, but nice try. Any more bright ideas?
I like it, as long as its not just the generic "ok 60 minutes you win" thing. I'd stick with boats though, helicopters don't seem very island defense like.
True that, I was gonna go with boats, but having a squishy nukable flying unit I think would be better, like a Goblin Hunter but with green very fast movement speed.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »

lol 4 builders with 1k gold unbeatable bases..

loses from massed chain nuke...

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:11 AM »

Undead Assault was actually the one that inspired this suggestion, but nice try. Any more bright ideas?
True that, I was gonna go with boats, but having a squishy nukable flying unit I think would be better, like a Goblin Hunter but with green very fast movement speed.

-Burn
It would be kinda cool to have to safely get to various points on the map that the boats can reach. There aren't all that many right now, but terrain can be worked with. And yeah, goblin hunter type things would make more sense. It could even deepen the lore behind the goblin builder. Maybe the first rescue mission didn't go so well?

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »

What stops the titan from camping the stops?
Floatings/minis.
Camping the base of the builders, etc.?

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »

Floatings/minis.
Nothing, but it would be very difficult to take down a fast moving air unit taking you there.

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »

Floatings/minis.
Nothing, but it would be very difficult to take down a fast moving air unit taking you there.
So a unit like a gyrocopter flies to my base and picks me up to the point X?

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »

Floatings/minis.
That's what I gathered from the suggestion, yes.

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 05:01:03 AM »

And who wins and when?
If one builder escaped? If all? - What if builders died?

Titan won't die and builders are away -> he actually won.

theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 05:50:07 AM »

And who wins and when?

vouch

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »

They escape and the goblins nuke him.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »

And who wins and when?

They escape and the goblins nuke him.
Lol'd, actually not too clear about the storyline, but isn't it basically just that the titan wakes up to find his island inhabited by builders? Not much of a storyline anyway, doesn't matter if we change it.

A nuke sounds good, or maybe a volcanic eruption or something.
What stops the titan from camping the stops?Floatings/minis.Camping the base of the builders, etc.?
Could have multiple points, just a ways to actually end the game at the 60 mins. mark, whatever works.

An idea that came to me just now was a volcano spawning from the middle of the mound and damaging all nearby units with debri, debris multiplying and getting bigger and bigger and dealt more damage until it eventually killed the titan. Would work better if the builders were protected somehow.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Gwypaas
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 06:57:17 PM »

Oh my fucking god you actually got me interested in making this....

I guess I'll just boot up the 3.0.6G4 version, remove the more "stupid" new things and add this sometime if I don't forget it... and I just realized, my CD keys are stolen so I can't play online, so I guess I won't do it either way..... FML
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »

I'd look into it if I didn't have exams coming up...

Might be a good way to procrastinate study though Cheesy
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »

What about:

Tidal wave wiping out everything on the island (except terrain) except a (underground) bunker which would cost 5000 wood to build and only fits 2 builders. All builders are able to build this (underground) bunker and cost different amounts of resources, be it the amount of gold or lumber.

Would be cool if every builder had their own type of bunker, be it Goblin Zeppelin (Flying unit from ladder), orc strongholds, Murloc seacaves? Dunno if it would be possible without making own custom units, but it's just another thought.

Other thoughts:
Acid rain
Volcano
Tornado/Hurricane
Earthquake
Yeah, you get the idea. There are just way too many natural disasters to choose from, and you can maybe make a poll or something for it.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:42 AM »

I'd personally go with a Tsunami, or volcano. Easiest to explain how it kills the titan(except for syph/luci, and molt, respectively) while not killing builders in shelters or transports of sorts.

http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,2075.0.html

Quote from: theorchero
We need summoning powder first.

We make it from the blood of a chocobo, bone powder of a Bremetar, the fine ass hairs of a P0ny, and congealed heart of an Accer.

Plus a couple oranges, a slice of bread, and a single peanut.
Quote from: Neco
Copying a certain arrangement of bytes in a manner dictated by other users isn't stealing.
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »

My ultimate suggestion (may be edited):

Quote from: Burn
-After 61 minutes after the titan has spawned, there will be a volcano eruption, destroying everything with fast moving debris erupting from the gold mound. 4th GP
-After 1 minute, have the volcanic ash cloud the screen and kill off all units due to polluted air.
-After every GP, the ground will start shaking and rumble to warn people of the volcanic eruption. (Either through game chat, or, make the screen actually tremble for half a second)
-After 59mins after the titan has spawned, the trees will begin to turn grey and will be able to be cut down for 100 wood per tree to make a little un-nukable tree base.
-When game ends before 60 minutes, the end-game scenario begins, surviving builders are given 30g and 1000 lumber and the end-game scenario is triggered. Titans will have max. souls, and will trigger avatar form and be immune to magic.
-In order for a builder to survive the debris (which instantly kills any unit or building), the builders must build a unique building from each race.
-In order for the titan to survive, the titan must kill every last builder for souls(lumber replaced by souls), which will transform him and all his minions to have magic immunity to outlast the volcanic debris. Leaver builders give titan souls.Trigger the titans to have magic immunity and avatar form after all builders are dead in case of leaver builders, and make leaver builders give souls when leaving

Volcanic bunker stats:
-Cost: 30 Gold and 1k wood It costs 30G because you get a bonus of 30G at the 4th GP. You should already have 150G worth of gold -from the previous 3 GPs. (90+30+30)
-10s build time.
-Flying unit (you can walk over the building like a Light Energy Tower or Toxic tower), but is unable to be built on any terrain.
-Invulnerable. So builders can't TK your building
-Can load 2 units in the building if shared control, can store two builders.
-Can only be built after the 4th GP.

Model and animation information:
For the volcano's model, just make it a enlarged version of Panda's tower (or similar).
Some fiery animations for the volcano's debris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oVIqNVBYnJI#t=20s
First boss from Enfo's MT older versions has a really awesome Volcano skill, I'll try to get a video up since I can't find any awesome volcano skills.
Can even have different unique buildings for different races. ie. Goblin's one can be a flying Copter unit, Huntress can have a flying hippogryph, and the rest just buildings taken from ladder or something.

-Burn

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:17:13 PM by Burn » Logged

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »

I love it.

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »

The titan shouldn't get any dmg by the ash because he can return to his cave.

That the vulcan would kill all is maybe unfair if the titan just sucks and no one won...

Another solution could be, due to the volcanic eruptions, the island loses balances and the water slowly floods it, destroying everything on it's way.

The builders have to escape to the middle/near middle bases.
The titan, however, can't die due to his cave (which might be flooded as well /dunno).

Just not sure if it's possible to code because it's like a changing terrain.

Side note: The volcan shouldnt start from the middle because of the terrain it isn't logic.
It should start from the taverns where you choose the titan.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:58:52 PM by ArtFuL » Logged

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:57 PM »

What if his cave is part of the volcano? It would work great that way since it's right in the middle of the map. And after two additional gold penalties I don't see how anyone wouldn't have the building that protects you, let alone less than half of the builders having it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:16:08 PM by Frankjg » Logged

Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »

Kinda starting to sound like ToR.

Cry
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »

The titan shouldn't get any dmg by the ash because he can return to his cave.
The cave is right next to the volcano, and should be the least safest place to be. I actually saw a bunch of volcano skills that actually rise the terrain and make it look like an actual mountain.
That the vulcan would kill all is maybe unfair if the titan just sucks and no one won...
That's the point, to end games after 60 mins. because of how boring it is for the builders after the first GP.
Another solution could be, due to the volcanic eruptions, the island loses balances and the water slowly floods it, destroying everything on it's way.

The builders have to escape to the middle/near middle bases.
The titan, however, can't die due to his cave (which might be flooded as well /dunno).

Just not sure if it's possible to code because it's like a changing terrain.
They did this for Warlock (smaller map sizes triggered by timers), but that'd probably mean that the builders would have to flee their base and titan would easily nuke kill the builders basing at Eurobase or something, and titans would just drag games out until 60mins. just so they can have a guaranteed way to win against the overpowered side/corner bases.
Side note: The volcan shouldnt start from the middle because of the terrain it isn't logic.
It should start from the taverns where you choose the titan.
Wut? Volcanoes should be able to sprout from anywhere (not a volcano expert, but I doubt most ID-ers would be either - more info. on volcanoes here), and the main point for putting it in the mid is so it'll take out the gold mound, preventing the titan from healing.
What if his cave is part of the volcano? It would work great that way since it's right in the middle of the map. And after two additional gold penalties I don't see how anyone wouldn't have the building that protects you, let alone less than half of the builders having it.
"Can only be built after the 4th GP."This means that builders won't be able to make an invulnerable flying unit to protect against the titan before the game forcibly ends. This means you can spend the resources to protect your ass from the titan instead of worrying about the volcano as much, or spend it on HP bonuses and go out and make yourself a little hole in the trees.

It'd also mean that supporters without any lumber would die if they are not near a builder, although they can just g2l for it.
Kinda starting to sound like ToR.

Cry
Off-topic: Lulwut, all the hype for ToR died about a month ago. Meh.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

Wait, I'm a bit confused. I know you can't build it until after the last gold penalty, but what I was saying is that it's very unlikely to not have the resources for it that late in the game.

Also, what is the point of destroying trees? If it's an invulnerable building you load yourself into, then you won't need to leave a base after building it, right?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: