Island Defense
June 19, 2019, 11:43:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Island Defense going?  (Read 7899 times)
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« on: October 18, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »

So...I'm sure a lot are curious to see the answers to some of these questions:

• When is a newer official version of island Defense going to come out with bug fixes?
  • In the newest official version, are you thinking of implementing any game balancing like increasing fossurious'/glac's nuke damage + aoe?
  • Ever considered a final version of this map then passing an unprotected map on or release a de-protected final version?
  • Is Neco and/or Jakers still working on the map as of this week/month? Or are you guys extremely busy?

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »

Also, whatever happened to tides of wrath (or whatever its called)

theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »

It's all dust in the wind Sad

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »

ToR isn't coming out for another century or so, I'm more looking forward to a final version of Island Defense.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »

When is a newer official version of island Defense going to come out with bug fixes?
Uhh, we need to set up another alpha/beta testing round as a lot of the changes I've personally made have the ability to break the game constantly. Probably shouldn't of added anything and just stuck with bug fixes but it's too late to go back now :/.
In the newest official version, are you thinking of implementing any game balancing like increasing fossurious'/glac's nuke damage + aoe?
I don't see a problem with either of their nuke damages. Fossurious's got a big buff not long ago and Glac's nuke should be on par with other titans including considering base builder HP regen conflicting with the DoT debuff. If you don't agree then feel free to throw numbers at me until I'm convinced Smiley.
Ever considered a final version of this map then passing an unprotected map on or release a de-protected final version?
Effectively, yes. Although I doubt anyone would be interested enough to actually keep developing it properly as the internal coding is still really messy (I was preparing it for public release but then just ended up with dirty workarounds for everything -____-").
Is Neco and/or Jakers still working on the map as of this week/month? Or are you guys extremely busy?
I'm personally quite busy with the end of school looming up but I haven't really touched it recently just due to the lack of motivation. Every time I open up the World Editor I just cringe at all the mistakes Blizzard has made and all the workarounds I've had to implement to try and produce a polished game. It's heart breaking, it really is.

Depending on what happens I may just end up throwing an optimized version of what we have up and getting people to bombard us with bugs, fix those, then release. I dunno, something like that anyway...
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »

I don't see a problem with either of their nuke damages. Fossurious's got a big buff not long ago and Glac's nuke should be on par with other titans including considering base builder HP regen conflicting with the DoT debuff. If you don't agree then feel free to throw numbers at me until I'm convinced.
Suggestion topic coming soon, a little busy with school at the moment.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »

Foss should be removed, conceptually his nuke will always be a sub-par compared to other titans. (As his burrow mechanic that it's really strong early game but becomes very very and very bad in late game, with minis taking 3-4 seconds to get invisible)
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »

Foss still can't nuke air units, dafuq?
Or fixed?

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:15:27 PM »

Or fixed?
Why would "ground ripping" target air units?

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »

Or fixed?
For balance, right? Tongue

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

Or fixed?
For balance, right? Tongue
lold, it was made like that on purpose?  Grin Grin Grin

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »

Or fixed?
Give nukes that can't attack air units +5 damage. Oh wait, that's only Foss and Breeze's cyclone nuke, but since Breeze's cyclone nuke is imba as hell already, it's only fair to just increase damage radius, projectile speed and damage of Foss nuke?

Problems with Foss nuke:
Harder to chain more than 2-3 nukes due to projectile speed, cast time and invuln when under the impale affect
Damage is low, way too hard to kill a demo or any builder with the nukes (should be 130/155/180 damage for nukes like all the other nukes, or make Fossurious minions a bit more unique by giving level 1 nuke for minions a default skill, and give it a separate skill to upgrade the damage, range & projectile speed on the nuke with the same skill icon)
Can't nuke air units - buff the nuke up a little more by dealing additional damage to ground units.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:36 AM »

A longer stun might make it easier to chain nukes. Obviously you can't go too long or gold mound nukes would be insta death, lol.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 11:59:09 PM »

A longer stun might make it easier to chain nukes. Obviously you can't go too long or gold mound nukes would be insta death, lol.
Let's face it, the stun time and air time is perfect, it's just that the triple spiked nuke is almost useless (main nukes from the side don't even do any damage), but besides that, Fossurious, such a level dependent titan, has no -exp farming capabilities, his nuke is low tier, being only able to kill a few workers in most luimber and tower bases, and his chain nuking capabilities are terrible. All minions have to all be in range, and the timing must be perfect to even get a triple nuke off against a rewaller without escape abilities.

I have to say almost, because I recently posted an epic YT video. (SPOILER: Me triple killing some Bobs who thought they were safe with a double Foss nuke. Of course, the side spikes were of no use since, as I said before, the side spikes from the main titan's nuke is completely useless.)

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »

Yeah, you're probably right about the stun. There are a few ways you could go if you want to buff it though, I'm just brainstorming.

theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 06:00:16 AM »

I got to agree with burn.

Randoming foss was one of the reasons I just quit. lol

How to fix this shit:

*Make his nuke deal additional damage, like +5 per level (+25 above avg at lvl 5)

*Make builders vulnerable when under the impale effect, additional nukes hitting them get a stack of Impalement, increasing subsequent nuke damage (so long as they are still under the impale effect) by 10%, stacking up to 3 times.

*Give them Tremor. When a unit is struck by Foss' nuke, it causes a Tremor in the area. Half of the nuke damage is applied in a small AOE around every unit struck. Does not affect units who were hit by the nuke.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 07:12:16 AM »

That's actually a pretty good idea, orc.

theorchero
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »

That's actually a pretty good idea, orc.

I try!

Wait, I actually failed at trolling?

What strange magic is this >_<?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: