Island Defense
November 22, 2017, 06:04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: direction  (Read 9576 times)
adam7979
Silly Goose
Global Moderator
Titan Hunter

« on: July 18, 2012, 02:17:28 AM »

k, here it is. Been awhile since we played ID, and so we meet each other in games, forums, bla bla bla...

omg, cut the crap and straight to the point. Shall we keep ID.org as what it is right now or change it into something else like a board for all id bots or clans for recruitment/complaint/etc purpose. If you have any better idea feel free to post below.

last warning, 4 weeks ban towards any pointless post / flame.

+karma me if you think my dick is long;
-karma me if you think my dick is longer than yours.
SpentaZ
Worker

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:39:37 AM »

If it costs you a lot I'd say just take it down. But it could hurt somebody  Embarrassed

PS.How about ID2 in SC2? is that possible?

Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:19 AM »

PS.How about ID2 in SC2? is that possible?
They already have one - sc2id.com

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:12 AM »

change it into something else like a board for all id bots or clans for recruitment/complaint/etc purpose....
Aren't we already doing this for clan BTI and Maize bot?

It's really fustrating though because the kids in my clan can't be bothered signing up, so we can't exactly give them a link to any topics in this forum since guests are only allowed to view the ID2 sub-forum.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gµïdé †ø Wå|| Wå|kïñg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:52:31 AM »

change it into something else like a board for all id bots or clans for recruitment/complaint/etc purpose....

It's really fustrating though because the kids in my clan can't be bothered signing up, so we can't exactly give them a link to any topics in this forum since guests are only allowed to view the ID2 sub-forum.

-Burn
kick 'em all
Monkeysmine
I'm awesome
Titan Hunter

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:21 AM »

-Burn
There's actually a difference. MBot handles its bot support on this forum, whereas you would like to recruit on this forum. I don't see why you can't move your clan recruitment to the same website you use for bot support, and I believe this forum should not be used for recruitment, but discussion only.
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »

Yes.
There's actually a difference. MBot handles its bot support on this forum, whereas you would like to recruit on this forum. I don't see why you can't move your clan recruitment to the same website you use for bot support, and I believe this forum should not be used for recruitment, but discussion only.
Yes.

chairsweet
Worker

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »

Surely it would be easier if we make an all in one place? So the different main bots which host id, the main id clans etc all in one place. then we can all communicate and get more combined ideas. Also it could in the end make id more popular?
Darox
Controversial!
Administrator
Get a life

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:37:29 PM »

Straight up don't care.
My involvement in ID is over.
This site is yours and you can do whatever you like with it adam.

Quote from: BodyHammer
I HATE ALL MINORITIES.  WHITE POWER.  I ALSO BEAT WOMEN.
Yesterday my girlfriend pissed me off so I punched her.  Why did she piss me off so much?  She got snippy and was all like "You're a pedophile" so I got pissed and was like "Bitch, don't call me that, and how the hell do you even know that word?  You're only 8."

P.S.  Darox rocks.
PEW PEW Clark Kent
Worker

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »

Warcraft 3 is pretty much dead. I don't even see the point in editing this map anymore. I just think a final version should be made, and then people play it until the game eventually dies completely. I love id as much as the next but it's just far too much effort to be sat here spending so much time trying to liven up a dead game. A game that will never be balanced. Just enjoy it while wc3 lasts i say, to be honest.

theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »

Wow darox is a pro lurker.

And keep the forum the way it is. It's fine.

We have subforums for a reason. We can add more if necessary.

MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »

Unless this forum costs you money that you dont want to spend on it, keep it as it is.

Also, even though I dont play ID anymore, I also believe a final version should be made, possibly polished. WC3 is dying. Dota 2 is on the verge of releasing, and blizzard is screwing with the servers. I believe that we are at our last 1-2 years of this forum/game.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »

Surely it would be easier if we make an all in one place? So the different main bots which host id, the main id clans etc all in one place. then we can all communicate and get more combined ideas. Also it could in the end make id more popular?
There's a reason why mbot & it's community and bgn & it's community arent on one forum.

Means no.

Trophy
Worker

Urethra Slayer

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »

Make a final map, then rape and pillage the brothel-eqsque township of Warcraft 3 until the corpse of Island Defence takes its last sun-soaked breath before it's entrapped away inside the [incest] private-server lands of purgatory.
RuNm
Titanious Minion

What do you want from me?

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »

Damn near forgot about this site and game. Haven't touched ID or WC3 in months, but honestly a final map should be made and then open sourced so anyone who really wants to try and continue it can. As for the site, if you're wasting money adam, shut it down.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »

-Burn
Because it's easier here, whereas creating sub-forums in the BGN's sub-sub-sub-section will cause confusion and be of annoyance because I do prefer this forum when it comes down to clan recruitment.

-Burn

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
adam7979
Silly Goose
Global Moderator
Titan Hunter

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »

money isn't a problem as i'm using the same hosting account to run a couple of other websites .

+karma me if you think my dick is long;
-karma me if you think my dick is longer than yours.
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »

haha.

huehue.

Okay I'm done :<

13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »

YO ADAM GUESS WHAT?

FUCK YOU
Didn't plan on coming back for another month anyway.

Few more months for you then. Adam

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:31:23 AM by adam7979 » Logged
SpiritBreaker
Worker

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »

Oh lol. So I have to spam random stuff in random topics then? Tongue

Or I can just drag out some random conversations. Lol jk.

Anyway.. I hope I am not getting this topic off-topic (puns ftw), but are there any pro ID games happening on Eurobattle?

EDIT: Lol I just read the first post. Sorry Adam, I am pretty sure this and my previous post count as "pointless". I hope I will not get banned on the day I joined. :>

EDIT2: Now that I read through the entire topic, I found out that my post came at the worst moment. And it looks pretty retarded. Who is this idiot who interrupts such an important talk with his noobness lol...

EDIT3: Back on topic: What you do with the website/map will not really affect me since I am about to leave w3 (most probably forever), but I support the idea of creating a final version and then open sourcing it. As for the website, since money is not a problem, I think you should leave it open as long as w3 is alive, and maybe even after that if it has other uses.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:16:55 AM by SpiritBreaker » Logged
Ancient-Stoners-Society
Worker

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »

WC3 is dead, Maphacking has become the norm
ID on WC3 is DEAD!

Unless your going to attempt other platforms, maybe steam with dota2
If sc2 has it then fine but star craft is pretty lame game.

Personally i was always keen for a standalone version of ID, i loved this game... Smiley
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »

WC3 is dead, Maphacking has become the norm
Yes.
ID on WC3 is DEAD!
No. As long as there're players, WC3 won't be dead.

If wc3 would be dead, you wouldn't write on a forum as this one.

Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »

Source: http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,3821.0.html
http://blinkgaming.net/forums/topic/12000-

I made a similar topic like this before, but it was prematurely locked and the topic wasn't given the chance for it to be discussed.

Problem: Hey, I don't want site ban dodgers to view the site's content!
Solution?: Let's make it so that nobody can view the site's content, unless they make an account! For people who want to link the topic or lazy people who are too lazy to make an account? Well. Fuck 'em! It's not like there are any other ways of having access to the forum content!

Many sighs,
-Burn
Lo and behold, Monkeysmine once again locked the thread to direct me to this trashed topic. It's a no-brainer, but Monkeysmine needs convincing.

-Burn
 4 weeks ban towards any pointless post / flame.

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »

Though my two cents are probably worth shit here, ...

I'd say keep it the way it is now, because it works now. Additionally, wouldn't changing the entire site take quite some time, and effort? In the end, its all up to you.

http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,2075.0.html

Quote from: theorchero
We need summoning powder first.

We make it from the blood of a chocobo, bone powder of a Bremetar, the fine ass hairs of a P0ny, and congealed heart of an Accer.

Plus a couple oranges, a slice of bread, and a single peanut.
Quote from: Neco
Copying a certain arrangement of bytes in a manner dictated by other users isn't stealing.
BurnShady
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »

How was that even pointless posts/flame? My previous topics were fine, this topic here is already trashed by pointless posts, and I am enlightening you on a new problem.

1) ID-ers that are too lazy to sign up/in a forum, so we lose potential lurkers.
2) This forum is dying. Why would you counter that by making the forum private? What is the real reason of giving guests restricted access to the forum?
3) Guests may think that the forum is broken because they can only see one sub-forum.

-Burn
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: