Island Defense
March 26, 2019, 12:20:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voltron Blink  (Read 5829 times)
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »

I'd like to note that with well timed periodic disables it's actually possible to stop voltron from escaping with blink. I've timed myself, and it takes me roughly 1.5 seconds to punish my titan and immediately cast a targeted spell. Punish itself has a 3 second cooldown.

This means that on my own scale, a single disable will keep me from blinking for 1.5 seconds. A second one immediately after punish will take me an additional 4.5 (3.0+1.5) seconds to blink. That's six whole seconds delayed from blinking, which is pretty powerful. Plus, that's only two disables. The only catch is that you need to have disables available. Types of disables that stop you from blinking include:

Ensare (Troll Hunter expert training)
Bash (Tauren, Murloc hunter)
Status Trap (Goblin)
Stun arrow (Huntress)
Entangle (Nature Hunter expert training)

I'm sure there are plenty others but those are the ones off the top of my head.
This math is really bad, if titan had blinked first then punish, the blink will automatically cast the blink after his stun (even works with panda cyclone), unless it is a silence or something. (Demo puppetry silence)

Although it is possible to disable the titan in the midst of cast time of blink, making him use up his CD.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »

This math is really bad, if titan had blinked first then punish, the blink will automatically cast the blink after his stun (even works with panda cyclone), unless it is a silence or something. (Demo puppetry silence)

Although it is possible to disable the titan in the midst of cast time of blink, making him use up his CD.

-Burn
Hmm, you're right. I forgot how terrible the Wc3 Engine is. =/

It might be a good idea to add a 0.5 second cast time to blink, or something close to that. Anything over 1 second would probably be overkill though. I'm not sure how much this is needed though.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »

I can safely assume I understand the scenario

Titan very stronk 2-3 hit walls

blink when before even close to danger

Builders lacked disable to prevent titan from blinking

only sieged when blink off CD

conclusion : Both sides super fed, Titan was a douche but did nothing wrong. Also blink super stronk

Ryld
Titan of the Abyss

Monkeysmine = Jeremy Lin

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »

I can safely assume I understand the scenario

Titan very stronk 2-3 hit walls

blink when before even close to danger

Builders lacked disable to prevent titan from blinking

only sieged when blink off CD

conclusion : Both sides super fed, Titan was a douche but did nothing wrong. Also blink super stronk

correct

we also had builders which were poorly equipped to end the game with spells. I had a fed radio with expert hunt training and full gold tower base while stealer had a morph, which isn't really equipped to kill a titan that has something like 900 damage per hit

Signatures are overrated!
relaets
Spearloc

Ry1d has linsanity

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »

well you can combo for high damage through crit+slam+wave which is close to what I used to kill him both times.
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

Since you really discussed a lot about this and understood my reply as a "general ban rule", i will quote myself again:
in some cases it is. depends on the titan's general actions (e.g titan obv lost but keeps farming useless walls somewhere on the map)

If you played the game for around 7 years, then you should know, that 20 walls more or less wont change the game except to waste time.
If he's lvl 12+ with good items, then its of course something else.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: