Island Defense
January 21, 2019, 10:32:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [Needs Input] Titan ultimates  (Read 4808 times)
PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« on: March 23, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

Lucidious: Building immolation
Sypherious: AoE Damage disable fog
Bubonicus: Single unit disable
Demonicus: Perma invisibility
Grant: Avatar
Glacious: Mass armor
Fossurious: Mass regen
Breezerious: Mass attack speed
Voltron: Blink
Moltenious: Summon infernal named magmide

We can all agree Moltenious and Bubonicus have seemingly weaker ultimates.(Reason is Molt's ultimate doesn't really help him siege and Bubonicus' ultimate lacks the utility to combat situation with more than one builder in a base)
Reason they seem weaker? Moltenious' ultimate summons a unit that is easily countered by a magmide trap, Bubonicus' ultimate seems weak cause it only affects one unit.

Both of these ultimates have been brought up for change but no agreement was made for either.

I will propose a change for Bubonicus' ultimate again

Contagion

Description: Bubonicus unleashes a contagion on a unit, the contagion makes the target weak and feeble disallowing any productive action.

Effect: The ultimate is the same as the current one except it spreads every 5 seconds and lasts from 20-30 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. In a nutshell the ultimate starts on one unit and slowly disables more and more units if the target is near other units. Only the main disease can spread and minor strands will not. Units killed will like before still spawn a mini minion.

Changed topic title to [Needs Input] at 6:15pm 26/03/2012 - Neco

EDIT: Added Poll
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:57:51 AM by PoNy » Logged

Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »

Ultimate spells are nearly never used because you never reach the level for them.
VAMPSI
Warned
Titan Hunter

I swear to drunk I'm not God

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »

Ultimate spells are nearly never used because you never reach the level for them.
But if the game drags that long the titans need a powerfull spell or else they can only win if a stupid mistake is made by the builders
They both need a buff that's true..

My sug for molt's ult:

Fire Storm
Moltenious recives 1 bonus damage for every units thats attacking him (example 30 towers and a tauren = 31 bonus damage), also the 15% of the damage he takes during an 10 second period is trasformed to a heal after the 10 seconds (Note: the damage is not reduced). Lasts 10 seconds. Cooldowon: 120 seconds. Mana Cost: 450

Metall-Drago
Murloc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »

But if the game drags that long the titans need a powerfull spell or else they can only win if a stupid mistake is made by the builders
They both need a buff that's true..

My sug for molt's ult:

Fire Storm
Moltenious recives 1 bonus damage for every units thats attacking him (example 30 towers and a tauren = 31 bonus damage), also the 15% of the damage he takes during an 10 second period is trasformed to a heal after the 10 seconds (Note: the damage is not reduced). Lasts 10 seconds. Cooldowon: 120 seconds. Mana Cost: 450

thats how ID works, if nobody makes mistakes titan cannot win

Ultimates are fine as they are.

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »

My suggestion for molt:

Explosion
Molt sends a fire wave (100000dmg - 100000range) and kills all builders, buildings and trees.  Tongue

Uhm, they are fine as they are. Always depends on the game. If there're many supporters, bubo's ulti is good. If not, well then, it sux.

turbo
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

It would be nice if Magmide had some armour on him so he didn't die in 5 seconds, but other than that ultimates are fine.

Quote from: Playerof
I am officialy an IDIOT!!!!! Tongue
Quote from: Playerof date=1289822009
twas hit straight in the eye by a cock
[23:52:51] Lazure : Thank you.
[23:52:59] Lazure : I love being a slut :O
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:38 PM »

It would be nice if Magmide had some armour on him so he didn't die in 5 seconds, but other than that ultimates are fine.
Yep, so it could at least be an use for tanking dmg since they make the base 'blink' save anyway.

relaets
Spearloc

Ry1d has linsanity

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »

Throw magmanide on their arc/merchant while you seige and see how they feel about you.

Voltron's doesn't help you seige at all; its just a rediculous escape skill.
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »

No.
turbo
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »

No.

It's true though, unless you're facing off against a builder that can't blink trap.

Quote from: Playerof
I am officialy an IDIOT!!!!! Tongue
Quote from: Playerof date=1289822009
twas hit straight in the eye by a cock
[23:52:51] Lazure : Thank you.
[23:52:59] Lazure : I love being a slut :O
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »

So having an instant and unstoppable escape that can double as an instant assault doesn't help sieging at all?

If so then you're using it very wrong.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:17:55 PM by Neco » Logged
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »

Can be used to kill rewaller, epix.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »

Seriously though... magmide is pretty weak for an ultimate. It's like the combined strength of sypherious' summons as a mobile phone.

Playerof
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »

Ahahahahha
xD
lol
errr yah xD
But honestly folks, Bubos ulti fine because if you do it to the rewaller you can just nuke the builder when he comes out. Magmide also can be dead useful when used correctly.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »

Magnamide (or Magmide, can't be bothered checking the correct name) does need an armor buff.

Voltron is fine, although adding 3 seconds of invulnerability after blinking would be pretty neat.

Bubonicus's ultimate needs a buff (which we've discussed before).
ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »

Voltron is fine, although adding 3 seconds of invulnerability after blinking would be pretty neat.
I would suggest an armor bonus for 2-4 seconds like 10 or 20, so you can handle the incoming dmg better.
You always get like 1000dmg instandly after tping in a base if it isn't blink saved.
Extra reg could help, too. But invulnerability? Armor and reg would make it more useful, so you could even use it in front of the walls to get a bonus.

More ways to use it.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »

Voltron's ultimate is fine because it has a lot of utility.(It's a blink ffs)

Moltenious' ultimate... is really bad, the only thing it has accomplished is force people to base differently, and if they don't they die but if they do it's like you never skilled your ultimate.

Bubonicus' ultimate is a powerful one, but there is too much room for counter, by having just one other waller your ultimate becomes less effective by a lot.

The one that needs the most change is Moltenious though, not Bubonicus even though it could use a buff.

Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 12:06:30 PM »

Moltenious' ultimate... is really bad, the only thing it has accomplished is force people to base differently, and if they don't they die but if they do it's like you never skilled your ultimate.

Bubonicus' ultimate is a powerful one, but there is too much room for counter, by having just one other waller your ultimate becomes less effective by a lot.
You do know you can't block magmide from being summoned right?
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »

Voltron heal combined with his ultimate is just broken. You can break all bases, blinking in.
13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »

Well proper trapping makes it quite useless.

Voltron heal combined with his ultimate is just broken. You can break all bases, blinking in.

Lmao, if you waste 30 minutes trying to heal through a shelter, wall, or rc. For that matter if you waste hours upon hours you can win any game as titan..
And not all bases, if they blink proof areas inside your heal damage range with towers you can't break them since towers regen. 2ezz
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:15:23 PM by 13r4ndon » Logged
Yokola95
me italian stupid
Murloc

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

Lmao, if you waste 30 minutes trying to heal through a shelter, wall, or rc.
You know, I'm a bitch.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »

You can summon in lanes, so trapping is extremely useless.
13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »

You can summon in lanes, so trapping is extremely useless.

Nah it only summons in lanes if the base is blink proofed or the trap is too far away. Proper trapping causes it to jump into the 2by2 rather than stack in a 1by1. It's the same concept as jumping.
Burn
Titan Hunter

asdf

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 01:58:15 AM »

I believe if you make a trap every 9x9 square units away from each other (source from a pro sheep tagger, haven't personally tested), then you can't get summoned upon. And also terrain levels, so vagina base isn't the best base for moltenious. Has basically 3 levels, the two levels in the middle will just pop out to the front if you try and summon there.

-Burn

(>' ')>      Gd W|| W|kg        <(' '<)
Clan BTI Represent: http://tinyurl.com/clanBTI

Lol'd.
Get burnt.
theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »

THIS

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: