Island Defense
June 19, 2019, 11:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrupticus, the legendary titan of corruption  (Read 3186 times)
Cookies.
Worker

« on: November 18, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »

Well, I was suddenly hit by inspiration, so I decided to post it and see what everybody thinks. Here goes:
Corrupticus, legendary titan of corruption.
Model:

Standard titan stats, etc, I don't think I need to post them.
Abilities:
(I'll put icons for all the spells later, when I have more time)

Orb effect: Corrupting strike; Corrupticus blights any enemies he may strike, causing them suffering and misery.

Any unit attacked by Corrupticus suffers 10 damage per second for three seconds. (innate)

Nuke: Corrupt life; Corrupticus blights the ground around him, damaging all life nearby.

700 range AoE nuke damaging any units in the AoE for X. Costs Y mana. Also causes trees to look blighted (no effect other than for aesthetic purposes.)
Rank 1: X = 100 Y = 200
Rank 2: X = 130 Y = 250
Rank 3: X = 160 Y = 300

Heal: Corrupted rejuvenation; Corrupticus utilizes what little healing power he has to rejuvenate himself, however, having servants nearby amplifies his little power in healing.

Corrupticus heals himself for X plus 150 more for each minion within 1000 range of him, and plus 50 more for each minion that has used its heal in the past 10 seconds.
Rank 1: X = 200
Rank 2: X = 400
Rank 3: X = 600
Rank 4: X = 800

Wind walk: Corrupt day; Corrupticus causes the day itself to become corrupted, causing an unearthly night and hiding him.

By the way, if anybody could find a better image for this spell, such as like an eclipse or something, that would be greatly appreciated.
Corrupticus causes it to be night (similar to moon crystal) for 20 seconds, and be invisible except appearing briefly while attacking. (Basically, 20 second shadow catcher/satyryness) For X mana.
X = 150

Scout: Whispers in the forest; Corrupticus has established his reign over nature in the island, and he can simply ask the trees themselves to find his enemies.

Ten random trees in the map give vision near themselves for a short time. Costs 250 mana.

(I can't think of a good ability for here, any suggestions?)

Ultimate: A pox upon you! Corrupticus corrupts the builders themselves, causing them all to become ghouls slavishly attacking anything they see except corrupticus, their creator, and his minions.

Corrupticus immediately makes all builders become Coruptlings. These will immediately attack the nearest builder structure or unit. The builders have no control over these. When killed, or after 10 seconds, they return to normal. If killed by corrupticus or a minion, the builder dies and spawns a minion as normal.

Corruptling

Model:

Hp: 1500
Armor: 8 fortified
Damage: 125 normal
Collision size: 1x1
Duration: 10 seconds or until killed.

Minions
Standard minion stats. No need to post it, just hit the back button then click at the very top post.

Model:

Abilities:

Orb Effect: Corrupted strike Corrupticus' minions strike with similar lethality to their master, dealing damage over time to those they strike.

Same as Corrupticus's corrupted strike, only does 10dps though.

Nuke: The ground you walk on...; The minion of corrupticonus corrupts the ground beneath it, causing damage to all in the area.

Standard AoE nuke, 500 range with X damage for each rank.
Rank 1: X = 100
Rank 2: X = 125
Rank 3: X = 150

Heal: Lesser corrupted rejuvenation; The minion heals itself similar to corrupticus, however, to a lesser extent.
Heals the minion for X plus 150 if Corrupticus is within 1000 of the minion, 100 for each minion within 1000 range of it, and 35 extra for each minion that ha used its heal in the past 10 seconds. (includes Corrupticus
Rank 1: X = 150
Rank 2: X = 300
Rank 3: X = 450
Rank 4: X = 600

Wind walk: Steal the Night; Corrupticus' minion sees that his master has had the need to cloak himself, so they, too, follow in his lead.
When corrupticus uses his windwalk, "Corrupt Day," the minions sense danger and activate the same effect as Corrupticus (20 second shadow catcher)
Passive, innate.

Miniminis: Corrupted fleshling; From the cadaver of one of the dead, corrupticus' minion spawns an unholy beast of tainted flesh.
Standard minimini spell, simply a different model. Same minimini stats, 200hp, 20 dmg, etc etc etc.

Ultimate: Death and Decay; Corrupticus' minion causes the enemies' towers to decay, causing them to be slowed for a time.
Small AoE, slows towers in the AoE 50% attack speed. Does not stack.

FAQ (not really)

How do you play as corrupticus?
Corrupticus is an early game leveling titan. He is not designed to be able to get minions easily, however, he requires them for late game base attacking. He is designed to be used in coherency with his minions, since many of their abilities do not work separate from each other, such as wind walk and heal. Once he has two high level minions and is high level himself, he can (should be able to) break bases with ease. His ultimate is designed to deal with pesky base supporters, and perhaps even get the main baser down. His and the minions ult is to minimize the damage output of towers, from slowing them and distracting others.

What's changed since the last time you've updated it?
Minions and main's heal was completely remodeled, and damage over time of main titans innate was reduced. The damage over time was removed on the nuke.

What can I do?
I need a better icon for his windwalk, shadowmeld just does not fit. Also, I need ideas for a unique ability.

What's coming next?
More spell icons, a different unique ability, minion names, custom stats to make him even more unique, and him made in the world map.

I've heard news that you're going to change the name. What are your ideas so far?
I've been playing island defense, and these are a couple of suggestions I've recieved: Blightious, Blighticus, corruptious, plagueritious. Tell me which ones you like, and suggest any others you think are good. I'll eventually post a poll for the name.

Questions? Comments? Issues?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:36:57 PM by Cookies. » Logged
Carnerox
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

Innate: Pretty normal, is it fatal, or non-fatal(Meaning can it kill an attacked unit that reached 1 hit point).

Nuke: A bit different from normal nukes, but not good. Takes 1/2/3 damage over 2 minutes is pretty bad, you can easily heal yourself without the worry of dying. Also blighting the ground will cause nearby ground to change, which will make the terrain look horrible. In my opinion the blight should be removed, but keeping the blighted trees is fine.
You should probably rework the damage in my opinion.

Heal: Original heal, but horrible. Pretty vulnerable in a siege, and during a gank(Unless you can heal and attack). Voltrons heal is already semi-uselss, this is more of a non-combat heal, rending him useless in combat without being healed by an item, or minion.
In my opinion, you should change the heal to something else.

Windwalk: Un-orignal, but different from most Titan's windwalks.

Scout: The pinging doesn't sound so great, at least have visibility of some area around the structure.
You should probably re-create the scout into something else, or add some visibility.

Special: This ability should be mixed with the ultimate and be changed to something else, they are pretty much the same abilities.

Ultimate: I kinda like the ability, a-bit unique, but can be abused pretty easily and can be fatal. 60 seconds of non-control over your Builder is way high, at least 8-15 seconds would be nicer. Also imagine a Builder late in the game leaves a base(to hunt a minion, buy an item?) and you can easily use the ultimate and kill him.
You should tweak/rework the ultimate and combined the special.
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »

Do all corruptlings need to be killed by whoever for the titan to kill the builder? I assume so, and whose control are they? Neutral hostile?
Does corrupting strike have the ability to kill by its "poison"?
The damage over time of the nuke is almost useless, because builders have a 4 hp/sec regen naturally (I think).
I was going to complain about the uselessness of the heal but then I suppose if you had a near enough tree and some nuking minis to control rewall it would work, if not be amazing against bases with trees very close, which, now that I think of it includes all bases.
Windwalk is fine I guess, standard shadowcatcher.
Titan's name sucks though, just because he's the titan of Corruption doesn't mean you have to say "corrupt" in his name. That kind of makes it bland.

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
Cookies.
Worker

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

Innate: Pretty normal, is it fatal, or non-fatal(Meaning can it kill an attacked unit that reached 1 hit point).
Yes, I expect it will be fatal, somewhat similar to glacious'.

Nuke: A bit different from normal nukes, but not good. Takes 1/2/3 damage over 2 minutes is pretty bad, you can easily heal yourself without the worry of dying. Also blighting the ground will cause nearby ground to change, which will make the terrain look horrible. In my opinion the blight should be removed, but keeping the blighted trees is fine.
You should probably rework the damage in my opinion.
The damage over time is not expected to get anything done, it is simply for aesthetic purposes. I suppose the blight would be kind of annoying, maybe it could just be blighted trees. Perhaps the damage over time could be buffed to do practical amounts of damage (bubs disease cloud-ish)

Heal: Original heal, but horrible. Pretty vulnerable in a siege, and during a gank(Unless you can heal and attack). Voltrons heal is already semi-uselss, this is more of a non-combat heal, rending him useless in combat without being healed by an item, or minion.
In my opinion, you should change the heal to something else.
Yea, I guess it does kind of suck. I'll change that now.

Windwalk: Un-orignal, but different from most Titan's windwalks.

Scout: The pinging doesn't sound so great, at least have visibility of some area around the structure.
You should probably re-create the scout into something else, or add some visibility.
I think visibility would be good, or perhaps I'll just change the effect entirely.

Special: This ability should be mixed with the ultimate and be changed to something else, they are pretty much the same abilities.
Its somewhat similar, but not entirely. The idea of the spell is to give him some late game base siege power, other than minions.

Ultimate: I kinda like the ability, a-bit unique, but can be abused pretty easily and can be fatal. 60 seconds of non-control over your Builder is way high, at least 8-15 seconds would be nicer. Also imagine a Builder late in the game leaves a base(to hunt a minion, buy an item?) and you can easily use the ultimate and kill him.
You should tweak/rework the ultimate and combined the special.
Point of the ult: He has almost no late-game abilities to break bases. The idea is to give him a little trick to be able to break bases. I suppose it is kind of similar, perhaps in addition to/instead of converting the builders, it could change all critters on the map into minions. However, these would have to have a long duration and/or movespeed to be practical, otherwise you'd spend their entire duration running them over to attack bases.
Do all corruptlings need to be killed by whoever for the titan to kill the builder? I assume so, and whose control are they? Neutral hostile?
If they are killed by the builder's or other builder's units/structures, the builder becomes normal. If they are killed by the titan, a minion, or anything under his control (other corruptlings) they become minions.
Does corrupting strike have the ability to kill by its "poison"?
Again, it is similar to glacious, it would have the potential to kill a builder.
The damage over time of the nuke is almost useless, because builders have a 4 hp/sec regen naturally (I think).
That would have to be reworked to be useful, however, at the moment is just for aesthetic purposes.
I was going to complain about the uselessness of the heal but then I suppose if you had a near enough tree and some nuking minis to control rewall it would work, if not be amazing against bases with trees very close, which, now that I think of it includes all bases.
My thoughts: Amazing for certain bases where trees are part of the walls, simply run over to the tree for mass regen. Others, not so great, it would be like having a foss cocoon, except not involving a mini and costing mana.
Windwalk is fine I guess, standard shadowcatcher.
Titan's name sucks though, just because he's the titan of Corruption doesn't mean you have to say "corrupt" in his name. That kind of makes it bland.
I know, I had ideas on just about every spell... but not the name. ^^ Any ideas?
Btw, I'll do the minions now.
Playerof
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »

Very well thought out titan.
good job sir!
theholysmighter
Titanious Minion

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »

corrupticus? REALLY???... please atleast make a decent name before posting it

theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 05:49:27 AM »

corrupticus? REALLY???... please atleast make a decent name before posting it
better than your name.

at least his can be changed.

theholysmighter
Titanious Minion

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »

oh no he didnt!

Cookies.
Worker

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »

Did.. Did you even read to the bottom of the post before replying? In the faq?
Quote from: Cookies.
I've heard news that you're going to change the name. What are your ideas so far?
I've been playing island defense, and these are a couple of suggestions I've recieved: Blightious, Blighticus, corruptious, plagueritious. Tell me which ones you like, and suggest any others you think are good. I'll eventually post a poll for the name.

You obviously didn't, because I quite clearly asked for suggestions, not criticisms. I know it sucks. Give constructive criticism, not insults.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: