Island Defense
January 21, 2019, 10:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, where art thou Neco?  (Read 6476 times)
MetiX
Worker

Pwning you since 1997 babeh.

« on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »

Where the fuck are you Neco. ._.

JOIN THE ARMY!
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:43:45 PM »

I have this thing called a life, which is 100000x more interesting than a dying game.
theholysmighter
Titanious Minion

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »

impossible, nerds dont have lifes

MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

impossible, nerds dont have lifes i don't have a life

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
MetiX
Worker

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »

I have this thing called a life, which is 100000x more interesting than a dying game.

Now I understand why Island Defense in BGN15 gets filled in 10 seconds. That's too much to handle.

If you don't wish to continue your editor, spread the plague called next editors and do what you want.

watt

JOIN THE ARMY!
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »

There is seriously no one that I think could handle editing (apart from sickle), so I'm pretty much stuck with it until the end.
MetiX
Worker

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »

I'm good with world editor. I can a little Jass. BUT. When it comes to Zinc. It's like nonononono.

Sickle said he gave up. But there's still a hope.

/summon Sickle

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Release R10, we're getting down with R9.

JOIN THE ARMY!
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »

School currently takes up most of my day (getting close to end of year exams) so I have no time to work on anything. I've already half started on the internal code changes in R10 so it is in no state to be released any time soon.
theholysmighter
Titanious Minion

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:20 PM »

stop wasting your time on id its dead map

MetiX
Worker

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

ehy ot chik plz can i hes ur grammar plx!!1111111111111oneone

Srs. Take your time bro. We wont constrict you, unless you ain't got pancake mix.

JOIN THE ARMY!
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »

Now I understand why Island Defense in BGN15 gets filled in 10 seconds. That's too much to handle.

If you don't wish to continue your editor, spread the plague called next editors and do what you want.

watt

watt

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
theorchero
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »

o ic wut u did dere
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »

o ic wut u did dere

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »

Yes, but the community is dead. Just look at this forum? Now it is just filled with trolls and failures.

The public community is only strong because people can't let go that Warcraft 3 is a dying game.
theorchero
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »

I contribute.

And wc3 shall never remain dead so long as I have mana.
13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »

Yes, but the community is dead. Just look at this forum? Now it is just filled with trolls and failures.

The public community is only strong because people can't let go that Warcraft 3 is a dying game.

NPNP i make it strong.
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »

NPNP i make it strong.
Every game is a dying game after it's peak, and guess what, wc3 is old. Of course it's dying, but you pessimists (forumies) keep saying blah blah blah game is dead blah blah blah bad community blah blah blah. You don't really get the picture. Also long as games are still being played, the game is alive, and since games are filling in 10 seconds, they are alive and well. There's a reason why people are still playing it, it's fun. Easy as that, (and a little help from updates every once in a while, to keep the dust off)

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

From your point of view, that's fine but I'm the one that's expected to come up with things that appeal to everyone and that's balanced.

I can't do that, I'm not as imaginative as Darox or previous editors. I just like coding and making systems that improve the maps editability and stability. That's why these forums exist, so that the community can contribute and so I can get insight into what peoples opinions are on changes. Lately, there has been no good discussions or suggestions in such a manner that I have to personally go into games on Battle.net to find out what people are thinking. This frustrates me, since then I'm stuck with only one or two peoples opinion on a topic which could be potentially game changing.

This isn't the first time I've felt like this, and last time I tried to recruit a co-editor so that I could spread the load of figuring out the decent ideas from the crap. Look how that turned out... I would quite happily recruit another if I see potential in them but so far there's been no one that has stood out.

I am quite literally stuck doing something I don't want to because of my nature to want to help people. I don't just want to disappear for no reason and let people down, I'm not like that. But with the lack of input, even on major bugs that could effect a major version, means I can't see myself making a version that I can truly deem bug-free and balanced.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:28:03 PM by Neco » Logged
MetiX
Worker

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

Neco. If there wasn't you, we probably would've stayed around 3.0.6.

You fixed all the crap the editors brought you there. You balanced the crap they made. You optimized game engine with shitloads of systems.

Still, the forum's not so much active. But as you can see, we're around 4-5 messing around in this tomb.

What about, we put major stuff in here?

Like, while in game, "Visit www.islanddefense.org to learn how to play and have a cheatpack chance to implement your ideas into the map."

Maybe. Just maybe. People would be curious like "oh em geee, i can has sheep builder'?!"

-------------------------

The game itself doesn't have major bugs. I can't find bugs without really searching for it, like the faerie + arach hunter bug.

The major bug is Leaver Bug. When people leaves, they often get killed or not: I noticed that it happens only when you use a spell of the builder, but I'm not sure too.

-MetiX

JOIN THE ARMY!
theholysmighter
Titanious Minion

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

Neco. If there wasn't you, we probably would've stayed around 3.0.6.

You fixed all the crap the editors brought you there. You balanced the crap they made. You optimized game engine with shitloads of systems.

Still, the forum's not so much active. But as you can see, we're around 4-5 messing around in this tomb.

What about, we put major stuff in here?

Like, while in game, "Visit www.islanddefense.org to learn how to play and have a cheatpack chance to implement your ideas into the map."

Maybe. Just maybe. People would be curious like "oh em geee, i can has sheep builder'?!"

-------------------------

The game itself doesn't have major bugs. I can't find bugs without really searching for it, like the faerie + arach hunter bug.

The major bug is Leaver Bug. When people leaves, they often get killed or not: I noticed that it happens only when you use a spell of the builder, but I'm not sure too.

-MetiX
terribad idea, imagine more trolls like orc on the forum! >.>

13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »

From your point of view, that's fine but I'm the one that's expected to come up with things that appeal to everyone and that's balanced.

I can't do that, I'm not as imaginative as Darox or previous editors. I just like coding and making systems that improve the maps editability and stability. That's why these forums exist, so that the community can contribute and so I can get insight into what peoples opinions are on changes. Lately, there has been no good discussions or suggestions in such a manner that I have to personally go into games on Battle.net to find out what people are thinking. This frustrates me, since then I'm stuck with only one or two peoples opinion on a topic which could be potentially game changing.

This isn't the first time I've felt like this, and last time I tried to recruit a co-editor so that I could spread the load of figuring out the decent ideas from the crap. Look how that turned out... I would quite happily recruit another if I see potential in them but so far there's been no one that has stood out.

I am quite literally stuck doing something I don't want to because of my nature to want to help people. I don't just want to disappear for no reason and let people down, I'm not like that. But with the lack of input, even on major bugs that could effect a major version, means I can't see myself making a version that I can truly deem bug-free and balanced.
Honestly it's too late to be worrying about new ideas and overall changes in gameplay. Really we just need one last stable version with minimal bugs and balanced in that no one titan/builder is so strong/weak that it's gamebreaking. If you want i will email/message you a run down of all the things that really NEED to be balanced/fixed and my advice on what can be done to fix them.
Neco
Self Proclaimed AFK-King
Map Editor
Titan of the Abyss

Tired of your shit

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »

This game can never be balanced, I thought we'd already discussed this in a previous topic. The ideal genre just doesn't fit the differences in skill that both teams have.
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »

This game can never be balanced, I thought we'd already discussed this in a previous topic. The ideal genre just doesn't fit the differences in skill that both teams have.
just give every damn unit 99999999999 armor, there you go, you have a balanced game.

theorchero
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »

lol..

This forum would be sufficient for ideas. and theres like 20 active (enough) people on this forum.

And we all have experience playing the game, compared to pubs.. just put a link to the forums on the bot message and inside the map, and we'll get an influx of newfags and hopefully revive the forum to a degree.
13r4ndon
Banned
Spearloc

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »

I know that the game can never be balanced. What i'm saying is that major imbalances need to be changed to fit in line with everything else. For example dryad is massively overpowered and Aud is significantly weaker than other titans. A fast version fix to major problems such as these is necessary(more so on the dryad part).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: