Island Defense
January 21, 2019, 06:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lupus  (Read 5834 times)
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »

>is there a reason why you avoid answering my post directly? no matter what you think of me and my real character, if you really have confidence in your suggestion, why you 'dodge' like this?
Yes, it's because I don't like you.

>Funny, since it was not adressed in the ability itself you could only prowl at night unless this was upgraded. But whatever.
I thought the disabled icon would be enough of a hint.

I'm not really sure what you mean by a "placeholder" as you use it in like five different ways.

GunTroll
Titan Hunter

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:46 PM »

Guntroll has a point, this suggestion needs work.
he wasnt helping anything at all, just trolling.

i wasnt trolling. at least not all of what i said was "trolling"

@smygarn the movement speed of the builder faster then the titan
Faster.  He's faster than the others, faster than a Titan, his slowed move speed (prowl) is equal to a normal builders.
>Good concept, but how much faster than a titan is he going to be exactly, i know this is numbers, but i need to know to see how he would be kinda played.
Let's say ~100 movespeed, possibly less, not sure.  I have to open World Editor (JASSHelper bugs make me sad) and tweak it, but somewhere around 80-120 faster if my memory of movespeed serves me correctly.

number arent really important, imo.  i posted that the titan has 400 base ms, mag has ~365(not sure) and speed turtle got 520, wich is the maximum speed a unit can have unless you use jass. even if no one would tell me all these numbers the fact that this builder is supposed to be faster then the titan is wrong!

sickel also stated somewhere that he wants to have lupus below average harvesters. compared to the satyr who has no way of feeding the titan this is a good decision.

Professional Legion TD Player (only -APMGGHHWTFOMGZX3)
Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »

Placeholders are values put into the suggestion, like this:

Builder
Hit Points: 300
Mana Points: 125
Damage: 250-250
Movement Speed: 380
Armor: Hero, 3

Or this:
Fine Senses

Mana Cost: N/A
Requires: 20 minutes of game play *This requirement is not necessary imo.*
Cooldown: 120 Seconds
Description: When the Lupus is stunned or slowed, it can use the smell of blood to regain focus.  If any nearby units are bleeding, the Lupus will shed its movement impairing affects and charge the bleeding unit.

Place holder in this ability refers to how useful it will be, so stuff like area of detection would be critical.

Thats what place holders are. They're numbers to give us a perspective, be it balanced or not.

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »

>Funny, since it was not adressed in the ability itself you could only prowl at night unless this was upgraded. But whatever.
I thought the disabled icon would be enough of a hint.
That icon
is not a disabled icon.
Disabled icons are darker and do not have a border.

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »

Well that's not what a placeholder is, so you should probably not use the word wrong.  A placeholder is a value used to represent a missing one, or put there ad hoc.

Also, I am aware that the icon I posted was not disabled.  I meant that in-game it would be disabled during the day and I thought that'd be enough of a hint.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »

Well that's not what a placeholder is, so you should probably not use the word wrong.  A placeholder is a value used to represent a missing one, or put there ad hoc.

Also, I am aware that the icon I posted was not disabled.  I meant that in-game it would be disabled during the day and I thought that'd be enough of a hint.
You just said exactly what he did...

He put a non permanent value in so others could see how it could be like. It just being there means its a value being used to represent what was missing.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: