Island Defense
January 19, 2019, 07:20:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti Noob mode -AN  (Read 3690 times)
Sushi5000
Worker

« on: May 27, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »

Alright, I am suggesting a new mode that will in theory prevent noobs(or people who dont understand that the titan will kill them if they don't wall) from ruining public games. This mode would not in any way impede people who are new to the game's ability to learn the game. I have been playing a lot on the Global-ID bot on US West and a majority of the games someone dies within the first 2 minutes. This by its self isn't that bad because i am confident in my ability to kill Minions but with a semi-pro titan minion killing is quite difficult. But noobs dont have the same reaction to a minion. Their reactions consist of leaving, feeding(because now the titan know of their noob lumber base), and getting killed. Anyways here how the mode works

If a builder dies within the first 2 minutes of the beginning of the game he does not become a minion. Instead he becomes a Shade until the timer hits the 28:00. Shades have the same collision as titans a 300 sight range and are invulnerable with no attack. Once the timer hits 28:00 these shades turn into Minions. The Minions level would be half of the Titans current level. Also if a shade comes within a 400 range of a builder it gets teleported back to the Gold mine to prevent the blocking of buildings or walling.

With this game mode the early deaths with not cause Golders to have to wait on the Gold Penalty to be fully useful. This mode pretty much only effects the first 5 minutes of the game preventing noobs from completely destroying the game.

This is not a hate rant against noobs either. I would just like to play some island defense where even if someone dies i don't have to wait 30 minutes to enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:42:59 AM by Sushi5000 » Logged
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

Sounds like sc2 id.  25:00 is really long.  Most games are already pretty much done by that time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:09:45 AM by kyleep » Logged
GunTroll
Titan Hunter

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

he means 5 mins into the game aka the timer hits 25 mins

Professional Legion TD Player (only -APMGGHHWTFOMGZX3)
kyleep
Global Moderator
Titanious Minion

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 12:09:31 AM »

he means 5 mins into the game aka the timer hits 25 mins
Oh, makes a lot more sense now.
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »

Even with this, it defies the purpose of trying to kill someone early on, as a titan your primary goal is that early minion to prevent golding builders to be powerfull.
i would maybe accept 2 or 3 minutes, but 5 is WAY too long. 5 min in, i can have about 90 gold as a mag which is enough for wrath.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »

i do not support

hurts titan too much

ArtFuL
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Maphack Hunter

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »

i do not support

hurts titan too much
Same. Deal with early dying people. Get your gold, gang or do any other stuff but this mode is a way too unfair.
Also against early bases you have got no chance if you don't have some minis as support (sometimes).

Sushi5000
Worker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »

Ok i changed the time to 2 minutes because you guys are right 5 minutes too long. But the idea is fair i think.
GunTroll
Titan Hunter

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »

i do not support

hurts titan too much

its not normal to get your minion within 5 mins or at least it should not be Sad
i dont think this idea is bad, considering the amount of bad people playing pubs. the only thing you have to do to protect an early minion is select it and send it to the other end of the map...
I hate saying that but id has conceptional problems wich arent easy to solve. this is not really a good way to solve a problem but it could work.

if the titan lets you get 90 gold within 5 mins he plain sucks. you still get vision from the kill. camp, regen mana and go out nuke a lumber base and return to mound

@ art
i dont think i have to tell you that early basing against a titan without minion is not your best option. he can always return to your base and farm your workers, you cut your own lumbering and you cant gold.

Professional Legion TD Player (only -APMGGHHWTFOMGZX3)
Jux.Mage
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Cruelty is my Specialty.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »

The problem is, what if it's in a person's EB? As in, sitting at the shelters with workers feeding on them?
It's game-breaking, ja.

Why not just make the shade permanently stay at middle, which can see invisible units nearby them?
Psh.

"I'm officially screwing you over."
Aflacduck: I'll show you my boobs (random girl I googled) if you give me 1 million gold in Runescape.

Critikill
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »

The problem is, what if it's in a person's EB? As in, sitting at the shelters with workers feeding on them?
It's game-breaking, ja.

Why not just make the shade permanently stay at middle, which can see invisible units nearby them?
Psh.
Make the minion teleport to middle when it spawns.
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »

Five things you should keep in mind when writing an Island Defense suggestions.
  • Do not fix that which is not broken.
  • Do not attempt to reinvent the perfect concept.
  • No game is ever completely balanced.
  • Judge on the concept, and then comment proper numbers.
  • If it's a trade off, make sure the balances are even.

sburnett21
Spearloc

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:12 PM »

The way this sounds is that currently the titan gains nothing better than before, except theres no chance of a gank. What if the mode gave the titan more gold or something for a kill, to even it out a bit. No mine for an early death is a good 10+ more gold than usual. Thats not much, but yet if you were able to get more gold than that normally, you might have gotten enough to be much more useful. Help the titan out with 10 orso gold, or maybe a webbed feet/regen spine as a bonus for they're kill. They killed it.

http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,2075.0.html

Quote from: theorchero
We need summoning powder first.

We make it from the blood of a chocobo, bone powder of a Bremetar, the fine ass hairs of a P0ny, and congealed heart of an Accer.

Plus a couple oranges, a slice of bread, and a single peanut.
Quote from: Neco
Copying a certain arrangement of bytes in a manner dictated by other users isn't stealing.
PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »

Not needed, early minions are level 2 for a reason.

Multiple deaths just means that this game just got harder and that you should band together quickly and base.

Adapt to situation and play it out. ID is not that flexible of a game, grabbing the minion out for 3-5 minutes but promising it back will almost certainly bring a new titan to camp until he gets it.

If the minion was spawned automatically like it is now, it forces builders to try gank, while others give up and leave and others base. Early minions are what you can call the cue to switch to defense.

MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »

Not needed, early minions are level 2 for a reason.

Multiple deaths just means that this game just got harder and that you should band together quickly and base.

Adapt to situation and play it out. ID is not that flexible of a game, grabbing the minion out for 3-5 minutes but promising it back will almost certainly bring a new titan to camp until he gets it.

If the minion was spawned automatically like it is now, it forces builders to try gank, while others give up and leave and others base. Early minions are what you can call the cue to switch to defense.

couldnt agree more.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
turbo
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

If this was to be implemented, it should only affect the first builder killed. If another builder is killed before the 28:00 mark, they should spawn as a minion. Sounds like an interesting conept, but one not needed and it would add even more drama to lobbies.

Quote from: Playerof
I am officialy an IDIOT!!!!! Tongue
Quote from: Playerof date=1289822009
twas hit straight in the eye by a cock
[23:52:51] Lazure : Thank you.
[23:52:59] Lazure : I love being a slut :O
SandStormer
Spearloc

Blame it on Skill

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

nah -AN mode should give every builder 100 gold if someone dies within 10min

oh, i almost forgot, and eye the titan which he cannot punish off for 15min

and give every builder 550% speed increase

From Clan TRA at west Clan IDG at east [] ex leader of FtF, TBE and TBF [] hit me up for Inhouse Island Defense Games!!

>spoiler>>THE GAME<<spoiler<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: