Island Defense
March 21, 2019, 06:34:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fortuitus - Legendary Titan of Imitation  (Read 3793 times)
Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »

Before I start, I would like to point out that this wont actually be a new Titan on his own.
What Fortuitus does is imitate other titans and acquires their abilities at random.
The abilities he randoms are picked in a standard fashion: He gets a nuke, wind walk, heal, special/innate and ultimate.

How the minions will work out is as of yet undecided, although probably they will either be selected by first random, or in the same way as Fortuitus.
No model is/models are officially selected yet, so you will be free to suggest one if you'd like.

Fortuitus - Legendary Titan of Imitation
Attributes:
Starting Agility: 43 (+1)
Agility per Level: 4.5

Starting Intelligence: 42
Intelligence per Level: 7

Main Attribute: Strength
Starting Strength: 43 (-1)
Strength per Level: 10

Movement Speed: 405
Health: 900
Health per Second Regeneration: 6
Mana: 400
Mana per Second Regeneration: 5
Initial Armour: 1
Attack Damage: 60-60
Attack Cooldown: 1.50

000=================================000

I would add to say one last thing. too much to program is not a problem, its been practiced in the coding already and a working solution is available. So there's no need to assume it will be a hassle to get programmed.

*Programmed by Carnerox*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:51:36 PM by Smygarn » Logged

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »

Wrong section.

Yeah, I'll just move it for you.

MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »

Good concept.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
Jux.Mage
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Cruelty is my Specialty.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »

Why not just have an ability to determine at the beginning on which element the minion will be? Like, some random pop up.
Also, make this guy un-randomable. Makes it more strange and sort-of unique that way. (Hybrid Builder from Legion TD, anyone? Tongue)

"I'm officially screwing you over."
Aflacduck: I'll show you my boobs (random girl I googled) if you give me 1 million gold in Runescape.

Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »

The problem with random based titans is that they will either be too powerful (getting syph nuke/summons, lucy scouting, syph/glac/breeze ult, etc) or too weak, and get screwed over.

I is pro

The Farmer
Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »

You are right in saying that Zen1400, almost too correct. But because you never can be sure what this titan will be able to do, he will always have the advantage other titans can never have: Because the Titan is getting these abilities from a complete random without any general favored picks, the builders will never be able to guess or figure what you have until you use it.

But this is seeing it from the Titans perspective. you only have the advantage of random luck, but you can use it as a bluff openly until first use. So lets look at it from the builders perspective.
You are up against this titan. You have no idea what abilities he will be able to throw at you until he first uses them. This means you will have to be ready to face the strongest combination regardless what he gets. And you would not believe how effective this will be against pubs and pros alike, because uncertainty causes players to become unnecessarily cautious and therefore easier to kill.
Why do you think new titans are so insanely effective? Because you are not used to what they can do, and thats just not accustomed. Imagine a Titan that will retain this notion in every game he's in.

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
Bobopinkshorts
Worker

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »

This seems like a very good idea, I think I would enjoy having this titan as an option. I would like to be able to random it though, the bonus gold from randoming is the why I always random for titan and without that I don't think many people would choose it.

Derp?
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »

>Because the Titan is getting these abilities from a complete random without any general favored picks, the builders will never be able to guess or figure what you have until you use it.
Then the Titan uses his nuke and everybody knows, and that advantage is lost for the rest of the game.

>uncertainty causes players to become unnecessarily cautious and therefore easier to kill.
Perhaps you are right that becoming unnecessarily cautious stems from uncertainty.  But that does not make it easier to kill, at all.  Try looking at some IDG inhouse videos.  When lee, or someone else, is not doing something; the builders are extremely cautious.  However, that makes it harder for the Titan by a lot.  A baser who never leaves his lumber base except when teleporting when the base is under siege is a hell of a lot harder to kill than one wandering aimlessly.

Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

Think sickle nailed it.

I is pro

The Farmer
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:17:18 AM »

The problem with random based titans is that they will either be too powerful (getting syph nuke/summons, lucy scouting, syph/glac/breeze ult, etc) or too weak, and get screwed over.
this titan is like a gamble, you will either have a good one, a bad one, or an average one, its a risk you will decide to take wether you think it it worth or not, but i can assure you that alot of people will take that gamble.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
Gwypaas
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »

This concept is just something you never want in a game, you who put your self on such a high pedestal about your balancing skills should know that. Everything which is volatile and random should be made to interfere with the game as little as possible to promote player skill instead of luck.
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »

This concept is just something you never want in a game, you who put your self on such a high pedestal about your balancing skills should know that. Everything which is volatile and random should be made to interfere with the game as little as possible to promote player skill instead of luck.
a little luck doesnt kill a game.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 09:21:46 PM »

I remember something like this being suggested for both builder and titan several times, but it never got in. It might be a good idea, might not, but the community doesn't seem to think it would be enjoyable.

Gwypaas
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »

a little luck doesnt kill a game.
It does, luck should never affect the outcome of a game. You know, there's a reason why most AoS inspired games try to move towards an every X hits you deal extra damage or a percentage system which is heavily weighted to make the random things less random, there's no fun in getting a kill because this time you were extremely lucky getting 8 crits in a row while the next time you won't even make a dent on your enemy due to not critting once. Compared to that it's more fun to build up every X type attacks and time them well since a very skillful player may have great use of the skill while a not so skilled won't.

Everything which promotes skill should be encouraged since it's difference in skill that makes players want to evolve and it's they seeing what they can do if they are good that often makes them comeback continuing to play the game.

Conclusion: Randomness in games = bad
PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »

Have you ever played OMG dota?

Well this is sort of like that, it will only be fun for a month or two then it will die in a pit.

A pit filled with all the other disaster releases.  Cry -looks at the badly released neth-

GunTroll
Titan Hunter

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »

or you get a titan with foss nuke, foss heal, foss armor thing and foss minions. o _o

Professional Legion TD Player (only -APMGGHHWTFOMGZX3)
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 12:35:43 AM »

Perhaps a titan like this would work, with a slight tweak.

How about you set up certain pre-sets of abilities for him. Select abilities of other titans and put them together to make something fair and yet still fun to play. Then, instead of completely random abilities, you would get a random pre-set.

Sorry if that's confusing, i explained it the best I could, lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: