Island Defense
June 20, 2019, 07:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amani Dragon Tamer  (Read 8704 times)
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:15 AM »

Amani Dragon Tamer

Difficulty: Hard
Overview: This is strictly a hunting builder. It requires gold to get a head start, but once it gets the gold that it needs, it will be able to take off with a roaring success. It starts by summoning an egg, which trained channelers will be able to hatch. The channelers cost gold and are otherwise useless, but they are essential unless you want to spend half an hour hatching your egg. Once your egg is ready to hatch, you will be able to choose one of 5 dragonflights. Starting from a whelp, growing to a drake, and finally a dragon elder. Once a dragon elder, you will be a powerhouse that any minion would hate to come across.

TLDR: You train dragons and hunt with them.

Main Builder:
Health: 300
Armor: 5 (hero)
Attack: 125-125 (Piercing) [1.50]
Build: Summon
Movement: 350
Mana:600
Mp/s: 4
Hp/s: 6

Escape Abilities:

Dragon Spark:
Ignites the air around the Amani Dragon Tamer. While ignited, you are immune to any spells. Lasts for eight seconds.

Panic:
Drastically increases movement speed for a brief period of time.

Innate Abilities:

Influence of the Brood Mother:
Transfers mana to your dragon egg over time. Transfers 2 mana every second. This ability lasts for 10 seconds and has a 15 second cooldown.

Immolate:
Sets the target aflame, dealing 25 damage per second and disabling all abilities for 4 seconds.

Buildings:

Shelter:
Health: 250
Armor: 5 Fortified
Cost: 10 lumber
Space: 2x2
- Trains Harvesters
- Researches lumber upgrades

Research Center:
Health: 500
Space: 3x3
Cost: 300 Lumber
Trains: Amani Hatcher
Research:
Witch Doctor Training: [4 tiers]
   -Healing Wards -- 3 gold+500 lumber; heals 1% hp per second in a 500 area
   -Berserker Wards -- 2 gold+500 lumber; increases 1 units attack/movement speed by 25% for 5 seconds every 3 seconds
   -EarthBind Wards -- 2 gold+500 lumber; reduces the movement speed of all nearby hostile units by 20%
   -Serpent Wards -- 2 gold+500 lumber; range, 50 chaos damage, 1.5 cd

All wards: last 25 seconds with a 90 second cooldown.

Dragon Egg:
Health: 1500
Mana: [0/1000]
Cost: 200 Mana, 20 seconds channeled.
o Trains: Dragon Whelps
      -Red
      -Blue
      -Green
      -Bronze
      -Black
Hatching: The egg must have 1000 mana in order to hatch. To hatch, simply select one of the hatching abilities, depending on which dragon flight you want your dragon to be.
o Note: You may only have one egg at a time, and training a dragon whelp will destroy the dragon egg. You may not make another dragon egg once you train a dragon whelp. Also, if killed, the dragon egg will have the same amount of mana it died with once summoned again.

Shrine of Alexstrasza:
Health: 1500
Cost: 3000 Lumber
o Able to resurrect your dragon if dead.
o Research:
- Ancient Protection: While the Dragon Tamer and the Dragon Aspect are within a range of 300 from each other, the Dragon Aspect comes to the rescue of the Dragon Tamer, causing 75% of any damage that he takes to be redirected to the Dragon Aspect instead.
Costs 30 gold, 1000 lumber.
- Nurturing Aura: While the Dragon Aspect remains withing a range of 1000 from the Dragon Tamer, it's natural mana degeneration is halted, stopping it from falling any further.
Costs 5 gold, 500 lumber.
- Shamanistic Heritage: The Dragon Tamer is reawakened to his roots, allowing to use his Witch Doctor abilities more often. This reduces the cooldown of all wards by 45 seconds.
Costs 20 gold, 1000 lumber.
- Ignition: While the Dragon Aspect is within a range of 1000 of the Dragon Tamer, he Ignites the Dragon Tamer's Dragon Spark ability, causing it to last an additional 20 seconds.
Costs 10 gold, 750 lumber.

Gemstone Wall:
Health: 400
Armor: 12 Fortified
Space: 2x2
Cost: 250 Lumber

Mystic Pool: Provides 30 food. Costs 10 Lumber.

Units:

Harvester
•   Harvests Lumber
•   Costs 6 food
•   100 hp
•   50% spell reduction
•   Benefits from lumber upgrades

Amani Hatcher:
•6 food, 5 gold, 500 lumber
•250 Health
•0 Medium Armor
•1000 Mana
•Influence of the Elders: Transfers 1 mana per second to your dragon egg. Lasts for 120 seconds with a 20 second cooldown.

Dragon Aspects:

Mechanics: All Dragon Whelps and Drakes gain 10 Mana each time they attack. Once they reach full mana, they are able to grow into the next stage of life.
Once they are Dragon Elders, they will gain 10 Exp per attack. With each level, the dragon needs 50% more exp to gain a level than he did the previous level.

Energy: Once your dragon aspect has grown into an elder, it will have a maximum of 120 mana. Every second, it looses 0.5 mana. When your dragon aspect falls below 60 mana, it becomes fatigued, reducing it's damage by 30%, movement by 30%, and armor by 30%. When it falls below 20 mana, it becomes exhausted, reducing it's damage, movement, and armor by an additional 30%.

The dragon tamer as well as the amani hatchers are able to use their influence spells to nurture the Dragon Aspect, restoring it's mana.

Universal Dragon Whelp Stats:
-   500 hp
-   0 / 500 mana
-   No mana regen
-   6 hp regen
-   All stats: 0 (+0 per level)
-       No Inventory

Universal Drake Stats:
-   1250 hp
-   0 / 1000 mana
-   No mana regen
-   6 hp regen
-   All stats: 0 (+0 per level)
-       No Inventory

Universal Dragon Elder Stats:
-   1750 hp
-   6 hp regen
-   All Stats: 0 (+5 per level)
-      Full hero inventory
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:23:03 AM by Frankjg » Logged

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »

Dragon Aspects

Red Dragon:

Red Dragon Whelp:
- 100-100 Chaos damage (3 cd)
- 5 hero armor
- Lasting Flames: The red dragon ignites the ground beneath the target of its attacks. The effect deals an additional 15 damage over 3 seconds.

Red Drake:
- 200-200 Chaos damage (3 cd)
- 10 hero armor
- Lasting Flames: The red dragon ignites the ground beneath the target of its attacks. The effect deals an additional 30 damage over 5 seconds.

Red Dragon Elder:
- 225-225 Chaos damage (3 cd)
- 8 hero armor
- Lasting Flames: The red dragon ignites the ground beneath the target of its attacks. The effect deals an additional 45 damage over 5 seconds.

Hero Abilities

• Burning Flames: The red dragon elder gains 10/20/30 percent extra damage. Passive.
  • Immolation: The red dragon ignites the air around him, burning all nearby targets for 10/20/30 damage per second.
  • Expanding Flames: Flames soar towards nearby hostile targets every 1.5 seconds. These flames deal 10/20/30 damage. Passive.
  • Burning Rage: The red dragon elder goes into a burning rage for 20 seconds. During this time, he gains 50 damage, 500 hp, and spell immunity. However, he loses 8 armor. 240 second cooldown. Requires level 5

Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon Whelp:
-50-50 piercing damage (2.0 cd)
-5 hero armor
-Freezing Breath: Freezes the target with every attack, reducing movement speed by 10%. Lasts for 2 seconds.

Blue Drake:
-80-80 piercing damage (2.0 cd)
-10 hero armor
-Freezing Breath: Freezes the target with every attack, reducing movement speed by 20%. Lasts for 2 seconds.

Blue Dragon Elder:
-   150-150 piercing damage (2.0 cd)
-   10 hero armor
-   Freezing Breath: Freezes the target with every attack, reducing movement speed by 30%. Lasts for 2 seconds.

Hero Abilities
  • Frost Armor: Increases armor by 2/4/6 and reduces the attack speed of attackers by 25/50/75%. Lasts for 30 seconds with a 30 second cooldown.
  • Frost Nova: Freezes the target dealing 50/125/200 damage to the target and 45/75/125 nova damage to nearby targets. Slows movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
  • Deep Breath: Takes in a breath, and then exhales a cone of icy flames dealing 175/250/300 damage to all targets in a cone in front of the caster. 1 Second Channel, 120 second cooldown.
  • Sub Zero: Cools the Blue Dragon Elder, increasing his strength for 20 seconds. While the effect lasts, you gain 10 armor, 500 hp, and spell immunity. Requires Level 5

Green Dragon

Green Dragon Whelp:
- 15-15 Magic damage (0.5 cd)
- 5 hero armor
- Corrosive Flames: With every attack, the green dragon reduces the armor of the target by 1. Lasts for 0.5 seconds.

Green Drake:
- 25-25 Magic damage (0.5 cd)
- 8 hero armor
- Corrosive Flames: With every attack, the green dragon reduces the armor of the target by 2. Lasts for 0.5 seconds.

Green Dragon Elder:
- 35-35 Magic damage (0.5 cd)
- 8 hero armor
- Corrosive Flames: With every attack, the green dragon reduces the armor of the target by 3. Lasts for 0.5 seconds.

Hero Abilities
  • Phase Shift: The green dragon elder phases into the emerald dream. While in this state, he is unaffected by physical attacks but sustains 125% damage / effect from magic. Lasts for 4/8/12 seconds. Has a 30 second cooldown.
  • Rejuvenation: Imbues the target with restorative energy, healing 100/200/300 damage over 5 seconds. Has a 30 second Cooldown.
  • Faerie Fire: Ignites the target with mystical flames, reducing their armor by 3/6/9 and allowing vision of that target. Lasts for an extended period on lesser units and critters, and for 5 seconds on heroes. Has a 30 second cooldown.
  • Ancient Protector: Calls upon the ancients, gaining their blessing for 20 seconds. While the effect lasts, the green dragon elder gains 10 armor and spell immunity. 240 second cooldown.

Bronze Dragon

Bronze Dragon Whelp:
- 50-50 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 5 hero armor
- Purging Flames: With every attack, the Bronze Dragon has a 5% chance to purge the target, immobilizing them. The target will recover movement speed over 3 seconds.

Bronze Drake:
- 75-75 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 10 hero armor
- Purging Flames: With every attack, the Bronze Dragon has a 10% chance to purge the target, immobilizing them. The target will recover movement speed over 3 seconds.

Bronze Dragon Elder:
- 100-100 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 15 hero armor
- Purging Flames: With every attack, the Bronze Dragon has a 15% chance to purge the target, immobilizing them. The target will recover movement speed over 3 seconds.

Hero Abilities
  • Time Aura: The Bronze Dragon Elder is able to warp time around him. This causes him to move 20/30/40 percent faster and gain a 30/40/50 percent bonus to health regeneration. Only effects units owned by the Dragon Tamer.
  • Nether Disturbance: Warps time and space at a targeted location. All units within an area of 400 around the targeted area will lose 70% of their movement speed while they remain within the area. Lasts for 3/4/5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
  • Nether Vortex: With every attack, the Bronze Dragon Elder gains 1/2/3 percent attack speed. This stacks indefinitely, but will be wiped if the Bronze Dragon Elder fails to attack for 1.5 seconds.
  • Warp Time: The bronze dragon elder warps time, stopping all time while he travels. He may travel to any allied structure, but doing requires him to channel for 5 seconds. Has a 240 second cooldown.

Black Dragon

Black Dragon Whelp:
- 75-75 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 5 hero armor
- Corrupting Flames: With every attack, the black dragon corrupts the target. This corruption deals 3 damage per second for 2 seconds. This damage stacks.

Black Drake:
- 100-100 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 8 hero armor
- Corrupting Flames: With every attack, the black dragon corrupts the target. This corruption deals 6 damage per second for 2 seconds. This damage stacks.

Black Dragon Elder:
- 125-125 Chaos damage (1.5 cd)
- 10 hero armor
- Corrupting Flames: With every attack, the black dragon corrupts the target. This corruption deals 9 damage per second for 2 seconds. This damage stacks.

Hero Abilities
  • Cripple: Cripples the target, reducing attack speed by 75%. Lasts for 5 seconds and has a 45/30/15 second cooldown.
  • Unholy Frenzy: Puts the target into an unholy frenzy, increasing attack speed by 25% but dealing 2/3/4 percent of the targets total health in damage every second. Lasts for 15 seconds with a 45 second cooldown.
  • Deep Breath: The Black Dragon Elder takes a deep breath, and then exhales a devastating cone of corrupted flames. These flames deal 200/300/400 damage to all targets in a cone. 500 Range, 1.5 second casting time, and a 90 second cooldown.
  • Concentrated Corruption: Corrupts a target area 50 meters wide. Any unit standing within this area will take 5% of their total health in damage every second. Lasts for 8 seconds with a 180 second cooldown.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:50:49 AM by Frankjg » Logged

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »

Change Log:

[11/5/11] -
Submitted suggestion.

[4/30/12] -
Innate effects from the dragons attack now scales with it's stage of life. (Credits to VAMPSI)
Added an energy system. (Credits to PoNy)
Reworked the Dragon Spark ability
Added research to the Shrine of Alexstrasza
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:20:56 AM by Frankjg » Logged

VAMPSI
Warned
Titan Hunter

I swear to drunk I'm not God

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »

by all means unique concept and very intresting builder but i got a few questions/suggs
-dragon spark is too op, heres my sugg for its replacement
Dragon's Gift
Summons a powerfull barrier arround the tamer, gaining 5 armor and 15% magic resistance.
Cd: 80 seconds
-as the dragon grows his skill should be improwed
for blue dragon: (on lvl 1 30% slow is op imo) lvl1: 20% lvl2: 25% lvl3: 30%
for bronze dragon: lvl1: 5% chance lvl2: 10% chance lvl3 15% chance
-any new ults?
-arc upgrades?

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »

The skills growing as the titan grows is pretty interesting, and not a bad idea.
I don't understand what you mean when you say new ults, but I do have arc upgrades in mind, I just haven't gotten the chance to add them in just yet. I actually made it red so I wouldn't forget, lol.

As for the dragon spark, I can see why you would say it is overpowered after looking back at it. I'm not too sure what to replace it with at the moment, but the dragon's gift you suggested isn't half bad. It's worth considering.

VAMPSI
Warned
Titan Hunter

I swear to drunk I'm not God

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

srry i meant ultimate towers

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »

Well made topic, I think the builder needs a bigger role to play instead of just staying alive and harvesting. Maybe have the dragon benefit from being near the builder and giving him some support abilities that can only affect the builder and or the dragon.

Well thought out  thumbs up

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Well made topic, I think the builder needs a bigger role to play instead of just staying alive and harvesting. Maybe have the dragon benefit from being near the builder and giving him some support abilities that can only affect the builder and or the dragon.

Well thought out  thumbs up
Well the witch doctor training is meant to keep the actual builder in play, but I can see what you mean. You'll mostly be ignoring your builder at a later point in the game.

MakAttak
Worker

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

I like the idea and imagine lots of replay value trying out the different dragon types. I also agree with pony though, the builder is overshadowed by the dragons. What if you aimed the builder towards a support role for both your own dragon and allies/their bases? Swap the full harvesters for champs of some sort, so that you can seed and use an allies base as protection for your egg before it hatches. Once it becomes a dragon you can of course hunt with it or then use it combined with the builder to support the base (would be nice for basers who have melee hunters and cant destroy wards for example).
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »

I thought of people using others bases for the egg, but I felt that doing that would dumb down the difficulty of the builder.

I realize that the builder won't be in play much once the dragon is hatched, especially once it reaches it's full potential. I'm considering giving the builder more abilities that allow him to join the fight as well as enhance the dragon's combat capabilities.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »

Suggestion:

Energy system
You already talked about slowly nurturing the dragon with the mana blessing thing so in Adult form give the dragon a large mana pool with a small mana degeneration. The dragon can regain 5% of his max mana himself once every 2 minutes followed by some small buff for movement speed but will have to greatly rely on the builder.Of course the basic siphon won't be as effective now with its small 2 mana per a second so a new spell will have to be implemented that only affects heroes. This being said the builder can also grant it to friendly heroes of other builders.

Fatigued debuffs
75% reduce attack speed
25% reduce damage
50% reduce movement speed

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »

I actually kinda like that. I'm working on an update for this suggestion atm which will include arc upgrades, and this just might fit. I'll be sure to give you credits if I use it.

theorchero
PS: FUCK YOU
Not a mod
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »

needs more mudkip.

ViperUser
Worker

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:21 AM »

omg i love this builder i hope they will put him into the game Smiley  Wink will play him for sure
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:36 AM »

Bumping since I've updated a lot.

Ryld
Titan of the Abyss

Monkeysmine = Jeremy Lin

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »

bump

Signatures are overrated!
Pages: [1]