Island Defense
April 22, 2019, 02:50:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Chaoticus, the Legendary Titan of Chaos [Updated 12/2/11]  (Read 11478 times)
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« on: April 13, 2011, 06:20:40 AM »

Chaoticus, the Legendary Titan of Chaos

Background: Chaoticus was born from the very core of the earth. The constant waging of war and the endless violence and suffering between and among the various races collected within it. With the earth as his womb, and the chaos as his seed, he came to be.

Chaoticus plans to raze the entire earth of all life - for he, too, suffers with it's inhabitants. Terrorizing all in his path, none seem to be able to stop this juggernaut born of pure chaos.

Stats:

Health: 1000
Hp Regen: 6
Mana: 150
Mana regen: 3
Movement: 390
Armor: 1
Damage: 60
Attack speed: 1.5
Range: 105

Strength: 44 (+11)
Intellect: 25 (+5)
Agility:    45 (+1.5)

What does this mean?
These stats give chaoticus above average damage. They also give him a slight increase to health. The trade off, of course, is that he is very mana intensive until very late game, making him choose which abilities to use wisely, or end up making a lot of trips back to the mound for mana.

Abilities:

Burning Rage

- Innate
- Passive / orb

The intense rage of centuries burns the titan constantly, causing him horrible physical anguish. This heat causes everything he touches to burn intensely, harming it and causing it to be far too hot to the touch.

An orb effect that causes 2 damage every second as well as disabling the ability to repair the unit if it is a structure. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Misery Loves Company

-Nuke
-Unit Targeted

People often seek to spread their misfortune among all that are around them. When one is miserable, they can't stand to see others happy. But, it is misery itself that seeks to spread. Chaoticus can control concentrated misery, and thus uses it to damage his enemies.

Deals X damage to the primary target, bouncing to targets nearby.
Rank 1: Deals 125 damage, bounces 10 times.
Rank 2: Deals 135 damage, bounces 12 times.
Rank 3: Deals 150 damage, bounces 15 times.

-All ranks: 12 Second Cooldown. Bounces within a range of 900, but the initial cast has a range of 300.

Sympathy for the Devil

-Heal
-Summon

The tormented souls of the past find pity even for this being of unimaginable evil. When called upon, they will restore some of the life to the titan or his minions.

Summons spirits that heal the titan or his minions. These spirits will heal only one target at a time, and will heal a certain amount every four seconds. The amount healed and the amount of spirits summoned increases with each level.
These spirits fly and are invisible

Rank 1: One spirit summoned, 250 health healed every 6.5 seconds
Rank 2: Two spirits summoned, 300 health healed every 6.5 seconds
Rank 3: Three spirits summoned, 350 health healed every 6.5 seconds
Rank 4: Four spirits summoned, 400 health healed every 6.5 seconds

Incite Fear

-Extra
-Requires level 5
-Activated, effects an area around the caster

Chaoticus has viewed every act of violence and everything that has ever caused suffering in another living thing. He constantly views these images over and over within seconds. The shrill cry of Chaoticus from this suffering is enough to terrify anything and everything in his wake.

Chaoticus screams in agony, reducing the attack damage of all nearby units and structures by 20% for 15 seconds. Costs 150 mana and has a 30 second cooldown. This debuff may NOT be removed via detonate.

Tremble

-Extra
-Requires Level 4
-Unit Targeted; nova effect

Chaoticus is able to control and manipulate the fields of energy around all living things. He bears the weight of the world down upon his victims shoulders, causing them to be unbalanced and to have difficulty in moving.

This is an ability similar to frost nova. It deals no damage, but reduces the movement speed of the target and all targets in an area of 250 by 50% for 8 seconds. It has a 700 cast range and costs 125 mana. Requires that Chaoticus reaches level 4.

Phase Shift

- Ultimate
- Requires Level 12
- Activated

Chaoticus is able to break away from the realm in which the builders inhabit. Within his own realm, he is protected from any and all danger.

Removes Chaoticus from this realm of existance and puts him into his own. While In this realm, he is unable to be targeted and unable to preform any actions. However, moving, attacking, or preforming any other action will remove him from that realm before the duration is complete. He may be in the severed realm for up to 10 seconds. This spell has a 20 second cooldown.

Minions

Stats

-Health: 800
-Hp Regen: 6
-Mana: 0
-Mana Regen: 3
-Movement Speed: 390
-Armor: 0
-Damage: 0
-Attack Speed: 1.9
-Range: 105

Str ----------- 35 (+5)
Agi ----------- 35 (+6)
Int ----------- 35 (+6)

What does this mean?
These stats give the titanous minions a very low amount of damage, attack speed, and health pool. To compensate, he has a large amount of armor instead of a heal. Also, his ultimate is a form of healing ward. Used wisely, these minions could be a very useful tool for the titan.

Abilities:

Crippling Pain

-Innate
-Slow Poison

The minion strikes the target in the hamstring, causing horrible pain, limiting their movement speed.

Standard Minion slow poison.

Forward Rage

-Nuke
-Targeted

The minion directs the hate of the world towards a target, causing damage.

Bounce nuke much like chaoticus'. Deals less damage, but bounces very far and many times.
Rank 1: Deals 125 damage, bounces 10 times.
Rank 2: Deals 135 damage, bounces 12 times.
Rank 3: Deals 150 damage, bounces 15 times.

Gifted With a Curse

-"Heal"
-Passive

The minion suffers indefinitely, and every moment it lives it is wishing for death. Unfortunately, Chaoticus will not allow this to happen. Permanently increases the minions armor.

The minion gains a large bonus to armor.
Rank 1: +05 armor
Rank 2: +10 armor
Rank 3: +15 armor
Rank 4: +20 armor

The Wool Over Your Eyes

-Windwalk
-Casted

No one wants to acknowledge that suffering is happening in this world. Especially not to this degree. The minion uses this to his advantage.

Standard windwalk with a longer duration. Lasts for 20 seconds with a 90 second cooldown.

Warp Corpse

-Corpse Targeted
-Requires level 4
-Costs 150 Mana

The titanous minion uses the flesh of a nearby corpse to create a minion of his own. He implants chaotic energies into it, and warps and twists the flesh into a creature under his command.

The minion summons his mini minion, a corrupted spawn. The spawn has crippling pain as well. You may only have a maximum of 5 of these per minion at any time.
|
Chaotic Spawn:

Health: 200
Hp Regen: 3/s
Damage: 15 (chaos)
Dmg CD: 1.5
Movement: 350
Armor: 5 (medium)

Chaotic Orb

-Ultimate
-Requires level 5

The Titanous Minion is able to condense immense amounts of chaos into a concentrated orb. The energies are unstable, however, and flow outwards constantly.

The minion creates a Chaotic Orb at a target location. The orb heals nearby units for 2% of their total health per second for 15 seconds. Has a 45 second cooldown and costs 150 mana.

Summary:

Chaoticus is meant to be a medium to hard titan. He is forced to choose wisely with his abilities early game and manage his downtime wisely. This is because he needs to be fed well in order to reach his full potential. His true strength is intended to come forth late game, and his focus is intended to be seiging. The inability for builders to repair walls that he is currently attacking can make a very unlucky early baser an easy target.

Late game, if fed enough, his true potential shows. His strength gain gives him a very large health pool, and depending on just how leveled he is, he no longer is completely restrained by his mana pool, and will be able to seige for a good while, unlike early game. His minion is meant to be his most useful tool, and that along with his summoned healers means he must be able to micro efficiently or he will struggle.

TLDR: Chaoticus is a late game seiger that requires decent microing ability.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:47:17 AM by Frankjg » Logged

RuNm
Titanious Minion

What do you want from me?

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »

This titan definitely seems like a BAMF, but I think the scouting may be a little too OP. 3 Pearls reveal a rather large portion of the map so I would say maybe reduce to have pearl ranges which should still be rather effective.

The CD on the Heals are rather short and in a perculair order from whihc I normally know them to be. 10 seconds would make Siegeing a base late game with a coral and lv heal too easy.

I'm not a professional, but I think the 5 second silence time for the 3rd lv nuke might be too much, but ask someone who knows more than me about that.

My last thing is, the minions are just bleh. There just plain generics with different Icons, which kind of ruins the originality, maybe make their ultimate a lesser form of the Titan's?

All in all, I think this titan has good potential.  thumbs up

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:59 AM »

This titan definitely seems like a BAMF, but I think the scouting may be a little too OP. 3 Pearls reveal a rather large portion of the map so I would say maybe reduce to have pearl ranges which should still be rather effective.

The CD on the Heals are rather short and in a perculair order from whihc I normally know them to be. 10 seconds would make Siegeing a base late game with a coral and lv heal too easy.

I'm not a professional, but I think the 5 second silence time for the 3rd lv nuke might be too much, but ask someone who knows more than me about that.

My last thing is, the minions are just bleh. There just plain generics with different Icons, which kind of ruins the originality, maybe make their ultimate a lesser form of the Titan's?

All in all, I think this titan has good potential.  thumbs up

With the numbers, I really just threw them in there as placeholders, especially with the nuke cooldowns. The only numbers I really put thought into were the stats. Most of those numbers and percents could probably be replaced with variables.

I realised the minions were pretty lame, so I gave them a way to heal the titan that harms themselves. Now looking back at it, I pretty much made the rest of what they have standard. I'll try and work on that.

Thanks for responding.

VAMPSI
Warned
Titan Hunter

I swear to drunk I'm not God

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:15:38 AM »

Now the minis ultimate is pretty much like glaciouses..

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »

Now the minis ultimate is pretty much like glaciouses..

It's like that for a reason. It's supposed to work with the minions ability that heals the titan. I don't want to stray too far from the original basis of minion abilities because they seem to work well and actually have balanced out well. I realize that the bonus to life has been done before, but the basis behind this is that he will have more damage coming in, but will survive longer due to increased health and health regen.

So, what you have is more damage taken being converted into health for the titan.

The titan himself, at least I thought, was fairly original.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:02:17 PM by Frankjg » Logged

Not.Carnerox
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 05:06:11 AM »

The nuke is powerful, yet under-powered.
It has below average damage, cast range, and area of effect. But has a silence, which could be very useful but with the range, and area of effect on the nuke, would make it hard to use correctly.

His scout ability is WAY to strong; as said before, 3 pearls can reveal a lot and they also deal 1 damage every 2 seconds... Seriously what the fuck is the damage for, if it only deals 1 damage.. Just remove it.

His heal is meh.

Incite Fear's percent is pretty low, making it useless. Example* A Builder has all megas, and is dealing 60-60 damage and you active Incite Fear. The towers would only lose -6 damage.

Ultimate sucks.
Lets say you have 4,500 hit points, and you have taken 4,000 damage leaving you with roughly 38 bonus damage, and 0.38 health regeneration(VERY USELESS REGENERATION).

If these are permanent then the ultimate is very over powered, but still very bad too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:20:08 AM by Carnerox » Logged
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »

The nuke is powerful, yet under-powered.
It has below average damage, cast range, and area of effect. But has a silence, which could be very useful but with the range, and area of effect on the nuke, would make it hard to use correctly.

His scout ability is WAY to strong; as said before, 3 pearls can reveal a lot and they also deal 1 damage every 2 seconds... Seriously what the fuck is the damage for, if it only deals 1 damage.. Just remove it.

His heal is meh.

Incite Fear's percent is pretty low, making it useless. Example* A Builder has all megas, and is dealing 60-60 damage and you active Incite Fear. The towers would only lose -6 damage.

Ultimate sucks.
Lets say you have 4,500 hit points, and you have taken 4,000 damage leaving you with roughly 38 bonus damage, and 0.38 health regeneration(VERY USELESS REGENERATION).

If these are permanent then the ultimate is very over powered, but still very bad too.

The nuke was intended to be difficult to use yet powerful. Something I noticed about nukes currently is that as long as you have all of the
minis and the titan bound, you can nuke on sight. I wanted this titan to be challenging, but with a reward for that additional challenge, which I figured would be fair.

The scout ability I had changed to one volcano after what RuNm had said, because I realised that it was definitely too strong.
The damage portion of this is supposed to go along with the story behind this titan. He can sense when anything is suffering, so them taking damage reveals them when they are invisible.

Incite Fear, and any other ability, isn't balanced with the numbers right now. That's just how it is - The balance with numbers and such would have to come from testing.

As for the ultimate, again, numbers aren't important right now. And no, if you don't take the required damage within four seconds then the bonus effect will start over, like it says.

Jux.Mage
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Cruelty is my Specialty.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »

If you're ever going to get a unit silenced, I'd suggest it'd not be more than 4-5 seconds.

"I'm officially screwing you over."
Aflacduck: I'll show you my boobs (random girl I googled) if you give me 1 million gold in Runescape.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 01:55:01 PM »

If you're ever going to get a unit silenced, I'd suggest it'd not be more than 4-5 seconds.

It's only for 4 seconds with a level 3 nuke. But either way, I don't want people to dwell over the numbers. I would really rather the concept be considered.

Jumby
Titanious Minion

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »

I like how all these posts have been about numbers. Seriously guys, judge by concept.

Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:15 AM »

Well I do beg your pardon but the numbers play the role to give us the impression. Mind that the concept seems average with the effort you in that I can credit you for. Still, there is not much problem with the ideas themselves, your numbers need to be refined.

The innate is like moltenious, only that it also becomes unrepairable (How do you intend on doing this?).

The Scout plays 3 volcano rises on random points on the map, lasting 5 seconds each. Revealing in the area like a pearl, they also spew damaging boulders (Honestly make it a stunning effect, not a poison effect. A boulder hitting you after being spat out several hundred meters from the tip of a volcano does not cause as much burns as frigging impact!)

Okay so your nuke deals damage in an area (ground or unit targeted?). I would not mind this very much except for what idea the silence is there for? Unless it lasts say 5 or more seconds its practically meaningless. Assuming this ability targets ground, you as a Titan will be pressed to hit a moving target by attacking the ground below him. Which is considerably more difficult than nuking the unit directly.
Also the damage you suggested for the nuke is weak! For a nuke that will be pressed to even hit its targets, 100/130/155 is measly.
(Settle with the damage from Moltenious and you'll be fine)

I dont really bother with the heal as its just copied from moltenious... and alot cheaper with only 150 mana cost. Although practically useless with almost twice the waiting time.

For every 105 damage Chaoticus suffers, he gains 1 damage and .01 heath regen per second. If Chaoticus fails to suffer 105 damage for 4 seconds, the entire effect is wiped and restarted.
I assume this is to give Chaoticus more damage and health regen as he takes damage, which stacks cumulatively (stacking).
This is a really sensitive ultimate simply because the numbers play a seriously large role in the whole.
If the numbers are to low the ultimate cannot be relied upon as an ultimate and if it is too strong, then you figure.

I wont enter into the minions going ability by ability. They just seem like the Netherious minions with the channeling health heal and all. very relatable.

I honestly can understand why you would want us to look at the base ability rather than the numbers, but these said numbers are here to give us the understanding of how the ability works precisely. And you are not very good at that from what I can see. Most of these ability numbers are flawed and would lead practically nowhere for this titan.

I like how all these posts have been about numbers. Seriously guys, judge by concept.
And I really do not like that you write a concept you expect us to analyze and understand, while specifically telling us to ignore the numbers that we need to read in order to express our opinions for these same abilities and concepts. You are telling us to judge the Titan, merely from the base ability with no knowledge to the extent of the abilities, or anything in relation to them.
It just does not work. The way you are expecting us to look and judge the titan is entirely backfiring. Unless we have something that expresses and defines the Titan in detail, there is no way we can give it a thumbs up. And if the said numbers are poorly written, it will not help us understand Chaoticus much more but you did at least include numbers, which leads me to:

If you did not want us to judge the titan by its numbers, then why did you bother writing the numbers if you do not want us to include them in our opinion? Aside from the fact that we need numbers to understand an ability in detail, you do not need the numbers if you do not want us to look at them and analyze them with the ability.

Gee, I wonder how other titan suggestions would look if they did not include numbers or the authors rejected opinions against people complaining on the numbers, saying they're ignoring the concept.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:38:26 AM by Smygarn » Logged

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Hey! We got more places than we got stuff! We're gonna have to buy more stu
Jumby
Titanious Minion

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 05:05:32 AM »

Firstly, I did not write this suggestion. Second, most people who post suggestions have NO idea how to fairly balance damage/duration/cost. Thats the editors job. You can fully see what he is suggesting without exact numbers. He included numbers basically as a placeholder I am guessing. Honestly if you as an editor cannot see how to implement something correctly without exact numbers then that shows the level of your editing skills.

Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »

Firstly, I did not write this suggestion. Second, most people who post suggestions have NO idea how to fairly balance damage/duration/cost. Thats the editors job. You can fully see what he is suggesting without exact numbers. He included numbers basically as a placeholder I am guessing. Honestly if you as an editor cannot see how to implement something correctly without exact numbers then that shows the level of your editing skills.

First: When did I ever say I did not understand the concept he was trying to express? I was saying that readers need properly thought out place-holding numbers to understand the concept, not values just put there. I can understand the concept just fine.
And if you like to judge otherwise by how I commented on the main titans individual abilities, aren't you the one who's wrong here?

Secondly;
Honestly if you as an editor cannot see how to implement something correctly without exact numbers then that shows the level of your editing skills.
If it makes me a poor editor because I suggest against the idea of reading abilities without place-holding numbers in order to understand the concept, then I'll be the shittiest editor ever. Do not try to assume that it makes me stupid simply because I am trying to explain why I think otherwise.

Honestly, if you as a player cannot understand others trying to explain their point, then you might just be a bad player.

The first thing you do when you get in your hotel room is to put away your stuff, thats the first thing you do is put away your stuff;
I'll put some stuff here, i'll put some some stuff down here, here's another place for some stuff, I'll put some stuff over there, you put your stuff over there and i'll put my stuff over here. heres ano-
Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »

First, the innate skill is not like molt. It is a orb effect. You could very easily base it off of the skill that the bat riders have in ladder. (Sorry, I can't seem to remember the name of said ability. I believe it has something to do with fire in the name.)

I did say that the scout ability now only raises one volcano, and thus only reveals one pearl sized area. "This volcano is 4x4" Is in the description of the volcano, so obviously it is not as tall as you're imagining. The rocks spew out of the volcano in a small area around it, not in the entire area of the reveal, which is also stated. 

Looking at the stats, you'll see that this titan is meant to have to manage his mana while he plays early on, as a trade for a additional bonus to his health. The ability costs have been lowered, but using items will have a heavier toll on his mana.

The heal is intended to be plain. It is a heal. There really isn't much you can do with it. You can heal over time, have a healing ward sort of thing, or have a channeled heal, all of which have been taken, and wouldn't be anything new. Uniqueness is great, but with Warcraft III, you don't really have many options without needing pages of code.

The ultimate is usually the iconic ability of the respective titans, so I wanted to do something that hasn't been done before. My suggestion is much more idealistic, and from what I can tell, you look at things realistically, which is just fine. If this ultimate is too much to balance, then it can be changed, no problem.

If a nuke with a silence isn't very effective, then perhaps a disable? Sort of how the ladder ability doom works, but only for a short period of time, and in a small area. This will provide an even greater reward for the additional difficulty of the nuke. (keep in mind that the minion nukes all have a more typical type of mechanic)

Finally, the minions. I was unaware that the minions are similar to the Netherious minions. I don't recall ever playing a version with netherious in it. I can work around this, and come up with something else.

Please note that I'm not trying to say that your feedback is pointless or anything, but what I really need right now is a judge of concept, like you provided with the ultimate. I don't want people to dwell over the numbers that are there and assume the concept is written in stone. I would just rather get the concept down first before we tweak the numbers, because after all, they are the easiest thing to go back and change.

Jumby
Titanious Minion

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »

First: When did I ever say I did not understand the concept he was trying to express? I was saying that readers need properly thought out place-holding numbers to understand the concept, not values just put there. I can understand the concept just fine.
And if you like to judge otherwise by how I commented on the main titans individual abilities, aren't you the one who's wrong here?

Secondly;
Honestly if you as an editor cannot see how to implement something correctly without exact numbers then that shows the level of your editing skills.
If it makes me a poor editor because I suggest against the idea of reading abilities without place-holding numbers in order to understand the concept, then I'll be the shittiest editor ever. Do not try to assume that it makes me stupid simply because I am trying to explain why I think otherwise.

Honestly, if you as a player cannot understand others trying to explain their point, then you might just be a bad player.
Make a good/balanced version of ID then talk. There is a reason your version is hardly played. All of your edits are poor thought out and they are what you want in the game, not other people's wants. And yes I am suggesting that you should be able to read over place holders.
--------------------------------------------------------
On topic: I read it over and I like the concept. All the abilities are unique with some interesting twists on some.  thumbs up

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »

Added a new ultimate for the main titan and for the minions as well. Changed the minions model to something I think is a bit more fitting for the story (I never really like the old model anyway.) Changed some odds and ends.

Would love to see what you think.

sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

>The innate is like moltenious, only that it also becomes unrepairable (How do you intend on doing this?).
smy really dont know how to use the editor.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »

The thing is, it's not like molt's innate. It's his version of slow poison, but instead of slowing, it deals damage and makes structures unrepairable.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 05:21:07 AM »

Reworked the mains nuke completely.

Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:22 AM »

Misery Loves Company

-Nuke
-Area Targeted

People often seek to spread their misfortune among all that are around them. When one is miserable, they can't stand to see others happy. But, it is misery itself that seeks to spread. Chaoticus can control concentrated misery, and thus uses it to damage his enemies.

Rank 1: Deals 15 damage, bounces 10 times.
Rank 2: Deals 25 damage, bounces 12 times.
Rank 3: Deals 30 damage, bounces 15 times.

-All ranks: 8 Second Cooldown

I like the idea of reducing damage but gaining more jumps. You are showing you want to create a good Titan by concept and I would sincerely suggest that you make this in the world editor. Otherwise, I can help you with it, given you want to see how your titan would look ingame.

I do have a problem with your number tags though in this case, you need not worry if you do not care about it. But 30 damage isn't going to kill anything more durable than a critter, so having more bounces is meaningless if you aren't going to have enough damage to kill anything.
I guess you could make the argument that having to high damage because I assume you want the amount of bounces as they are, they would be overpowered in the sense of siege nuking. It would be an idea to reduce the range but once the nuke sets off, you are guaranteed a good streak of exp, or simply increase the cooldown and/or the mana cost.
These number tags would be what i'd recommend:

Misery Loves Company

-Nuke
-Unit Targeted

Deals 100 damage to the primary target, bouncing to targets nearby.
Rank 1: Deals 100 damage, bounces 6 times (15 second cooldown)
Rank 2: Deals 115 damage, bounces 8 times (20 second cooldown)
Rank 3: Deals 130 damage, bounces 12 times (25 second cooldown)
Casting Range: 550
Mana Cost: 300

Again, this is just pure speculation in regards to the number tags you put on. Otherwise a rather decent nuke.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:10:52 AM by Smygarn » Logged

Ryld
Titan of the Abyss

Monkeysmine = Jeremy Lin

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 01:12:45 AM »

^

.... thumbs down

Signatures are overrated!
MuDDy_PaNDa
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 05:37:58 AM »

^

.... thumbs down
Misery Loves Company

-Nuke
-Area Targeted

Rank 1: Deals 15 damage, bounces 10 times.
Rank 2: Deals 25 damage, bounces 12 times.
Rank 3: Deals 30 damage, bounces 15 times.

-All ranks: 8 Second Cooldown

I like the idea of reducing damage but gaining more jumps. You are showing you want to create a good Titan by concept and I would sincerely suggest that you make this in the world editor. Otherwise, I can help you with it, given you want to see how your titan would look ingame.

I do have a problem with your number tags though in this case, you need not worry if you do not care about it. But 30 damage isn't going to kill anything more durable than a critter, so having more bounces is meaningless if you aren't going to have enough damage to kill anything.
I guess you could make the argument that having to high damage because I assume you want the amount of bounces as they are, they would be overpowered in the sense of siege nuking. It would be an idea to reduce the range but once the nuke sets off, you are guaranteed a good streak of exp, or simply increase the cooldown and/or the mana cost.
These number tags would be what i'd recommend:

Misery Loves Company

-Nuke
-Unit Targeted

Deals 100 damage to the primary target, bouncing to targets nearby.
Rank 1: Deals 100 damage, bounces 6 times (15 second cooldown)
Rank 2: Deals 115 damage, bounces 8 times (20 second cooldown)
Rank 3: Deals 130 damage, bounces 12 times (25 second cooldown)
Casting Range: 550
Mana Cost: 300

Again, this is just pure speculation in regards to the number tags you put on. Otherwise a rather decent nuke.
this....
puts makes it less unique.

The MuDDy_PaNDa is a new animal. He has been created by the breeding of a panda and a makrura together. Their breeding had created a strange animal covered in mud.
sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »

Don't post the entire quote if you're not even addressing anything in it.

Frankjg
Titanious Minion

Revenant_ at US East

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »

Yeah, with the numbers, I was under the impression that the nuke could bounce to the same target more than once. Raised it a bit.

In the process of making a test map on the world edit. I'll let you know when it's done.

Edit: How would I attach that file to this post when I complete it?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:39:30 PM by Frankjg » Logged

Smygarn
Beta Tester
Titan Hunter

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »

You simply click on additional options whenever you want to make a new post, and choose to attach the map file.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: