Island Defense
January 22, 2019, 05:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoNy's Centaur Exile  (Read 6541 times)
PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Liked ponies before they were cool

« on: November 02, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »

Centaur Exile
Builder

300/300hp
225/225mana
same MS as tauren
2 Medium armor

Storyline: The Centaur exile used to live in the desolate lands of CentNarnia(lol), not wanting to join either clans of Solhoof or Tharaudon, he left ON A BOAT, and crash landed on this island where he settled.

How the builder works:
This builder can choose two different clans, which will decide on his main spells. After maxing that tribes aspect he may take on the tier 1 spells of the other tribe.
He also has 2 buffs that can increase his total mana that are availible to both clans. Each clan will have their own respective upgrades other then those in the book.
Example: Armor health, movementspeed etc.

Innate escape skills:

Latch jump

30 mana cost
XXXX Range
XXX Cooldown
The Centaur throws his rope/lasso around a unit or structure and jumps towards it, if the target is a unit, the unit is stunned until the centaur completes the jump, the centaur will not land on the unit/structure it latched on but towards it by XXX range. If the latch was targeted on the structure named, Latch point the centaur completely jumps to the area.

Gallop!

No mana cost
XXX Cooldown
Minimum range XX Maximum range XXXX
The centaur charges  for 10/20/30/40% extra MS forward for XXXX distance forward, any other action will cancel this affect.
The speed slowly increases the longer he is in this buff, starting from 10 and ends at 40%.

Solhoof Book:

Buck!

30 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
The centaur kicks units behind(XXX Aoe radius) him further away by XXX -XXX distance, when the unit lands it is slowed for 0.75second, the closer the unit the further it is knocked back.

Double latch

Passive
Allows you to latch on to a additional unit while in the process of a latch jump, resulting in web jumping like spider man, the second latch will cost twice the mana of the original latch and the latch ignores the object already latched on by the original latch.

Example: you latch on to a wall and throw the double latch in the same direction, it will ignore the wall already hit and go over it.

Safety line

30 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
The centaur throws his rope/lasso to a friendly unit and pulls them towards him by XXX range.

Titansteel net hold

75 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX cast range
The centaur throws a huge net made of titan steel over an enemy hero. The unit encased is stunned and invulnerable. The centaur is slowed by 30% while using this ability and is able to pull the unit to or away, the net is broken after 7 seconds, but can be cancelled. If the net is broken by 7 seconds instead of  a cancel, the centaur is pulled towards his targeted unit and slowed for 2 second. The centaur may gallop when using this ability.

Centaur Khan

Passive
The centaur gains 5% movement speed and 100 hp.
Whenever the Centaur uses a skill his next attack will deal an additional 50 damage and take away 5 armor.(this debuff can stack)

Harpoon throw

100 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
The centaur throws a harpoon connected to a rope. If this hits an enemy unit, it deals 200 damage over time, any damage caused will dispel this pull and stop the dot.
If the target is pulled completely towards the centaur and reachs him, the target is knocked back by the centaur for XXX range and dealed 250 extra damage and stunned for 2 seconds.

Tharaudon Book:

Lightning latch

45 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
The centaur throws a rope/lasso enchanted with lightning which lasts for and has a cast range of XXX and a connection range of XXX for XXX seconds.
The enemy unit attached to this is slowed for X0% as long as he is connected. This is a reoccurring debuff so it can't be punished off

Lightning empowerment
45 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
the centaur buffs an allied unit with the power of lightning increasing their movespeed by 10%, any damage will take this buff off and purge the unit that attacked it.

Vortex Bolt

75 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
The centaur marks a small area. After 5 seconds a bolt strikes the area and sends a lightning latch that grabs the closest enemy unit towards it and slows it after wards by 15% for 3 seconds.

Wind Seeker

Passive
The centaur is imbued with lightning increasing maximum mana by 200, the centaur also obtains a thunder shield every 45 seconds that slows anything that attacks him, and increases armor by 5 for 1 hit, after hit this is debuffed and the 45 second timer starts.
and after every spell the centaurs attack becomes ranged and burns 50 mana.

Empowered Vortex Bolt

100 mana cost
XXX range
XXX cooldown
The centaur marks a large area. After 7 seconds a bolt strikes the area and sends any enemy units nearby away from the point of explosion.

Bouncing latch

30 mana cost
XXX Cooldown
XXX range
The centaur shoots a latch that bounces to a secondary target befor jumping towards it, if nothing is nearby to bounce to the jump distance is halved. Double latch can be used when in bouncing latch, the scondary
latch doesn't bounce. (What this does is it makes the centaur grab an extra unit having them both stunned till it lands on the second unit.(Allies included)

Buildings

Barricade
Basic wall

Spiked Barricade

Upgraded wall

Latch point

50 lumber
same build time as shelter
10 hp
0 fort armor

Tent
Shelter

Clan Hall
Research center

Harvesters:
The centaur has a harvester system depending on your clan.
The clan is selected the moment you build your shelter and researched for 0 gold 0 lumber.
Once selected the tech tree will go down that road.
A different harvester is available to the two clans, thought both harvests are hyenas.

Ash:

145 food
The male hyena that was raised in the ways of Solhoof
15-15 Chaos damage
25 lumber a hit
every 10th hit he returns twice the amount
of lumber

Sky:

145 food
The female hyena that was raised in the ways of Tharaudon
10-10 magic damage
10 lumber a hit
every 5th hit sky increases her lumber rate by 50% for X seconds.
She can only benefit from this once every 45 seconds.

In construction. Please comment on the skills so far and give positive criticism. Positive icons are welcome.

Changelog:
Changed some skills.
Added basic buildings.
Added Harvesters.
Added Icons.
Changed Clan names, Buffed Shamanism and changed its name, Nerfed Centaur Khan Hp boost.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:11:21 PM by PoNy » Logged

Jux.Mage
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

Cruelty is my Specialty.

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »

If this is going to be in the Contest, it shold be formatted "PoNy's Centaur Exile". If not, well...

Hehe, I do still have to say this guy's one wicked cow boy centaur Cheesy

Keep the awesome work up.

"I'm officially screwing you over."
Aflacduck: I'll show you my boobs (random girl I googled) if you give me 1 million gold in Runescape.

Bremetar
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

Hi

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »

i was bribed to say yes.  and cause hes my sham

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »

i was bribed to say yes.  and cause hes my sham

All I did was link it to you in a skype call :/

MrDuck
Speedy Turtle

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

i would look forward to having this builder in the game. he's really cool ^.^
so the double latch is kind of a double hook that you can perform while latch jumping? thatd take some skill Tongue
how fast does it pull the centaur towards the object?
i can see a lot of grapples. if i can, i would suggest getting rid of one of them, because i counted about 5 grapples there. and the contest restrictions is 1-3.
maybe replace some of them with more passives? cleave ability? Tongue

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »

Their is pretty much only 3 hooks per a clan selection. Sorry if it isn't clear, since I didn't rank the skills yet into tiers.

Pretty much

Magram has    Gelkis has
Jump latch      Jump latch
Safety line      Vortex bolt
and Harpoon    Bouncing latch

I wasn't even aware of the restriction but it all worked out. Lightning latch doesn't actually hook it just puts off a connection.

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:44:37 PM »

Updated with icons. Working on tech tree as we speak.

Edit: "Didn't modify cause needed a bump for attention."

sickle
Titanious Minion

tabula rasa

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »

Original clan names please?

PoNy
Beta Tester
Titanious Minion

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »

Original clan names please?
I'll see what I come up with after I sleep.

theorchero
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 04:30:25 AM »

Interesting...

If you do it right, this could very well be implemented...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: