Island Defense
April 22, 2019, 02:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronotron - Titan of Time  (Read 8621 times)
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »

Chronotron? Titan of Time
This titan is meant to be strong, but against pro builders, he will be difficult to play. If anyone bothered to read this, can you please give me reasonable numbers to replace the (XXX)'s. This is easier than me making up numbers and failing, leading to me getting raged at.

Stats
Base Hitpoints: 900
Base Mana: XXX
Speed: Normal
Base Strength: 44 (+10 per Lv)
Base Intelligence: 42 (+7 per Lv)
Base Agility: 42 (+4 per Lv)
Base Damage: 60 Hero
Base Armour: -1 Hero

Spells
Time Essence (Slow Poison)

Description: Drains the movement speed of the enemy target.
                  First hit: XXX%
                  Second hit: YYY%
                  Third hit: ZZZ%
Move style: Passive
Learned level: Default move
Reasoning: This slow poison is a little easier for the builders to escape, but harder for hunters and fighters.

Time Bomb (Nuke)
OR
Description: Gives sight of a unit for (UNKNOWN1) Seconds. Upon wearing off, the unit explodes dealing (UNKNOWN2) damage to itself and (UNKNOWN3) damage to all nearby friendly units.
                   Level1: 5 Seconds, 130 Initial damage, 100 AOE damage
                   Level2: 4 Seconds, 180 Initial damage, 130 AOE damage
                   Level3: 3 Seconds, 180 Initial damage, 130 AOE damage
                   Level4: 3 Seconds, 230 Initial damage, 160 AOE damage
Mana Cost: 300, 300, 300, 300
Move style: Normal/AOE/Targeted
Learned levels: 1, 3, 5, 5
Reasoning: A very strong nuke, but if the builder is ready, it can easily be countered by detonating the worker targeted or another worker on it.

Reverse Time (Heal)

Description: For 3 Second, the titan takes no damage. At the end, the titan heals (UNKNOWN1)% of the damage that should of been taken.
                   Level1: 20%
                   Level2: 40%
                   Level3: 60%
                   Level4: 80%
Mana Cost: 300, 320, 340, 360
Move style: Normal/Auto Self Targeted
Learned levels: 1, 3, 5, 7
Reasoning: Yes, this move is from DotA. It suits the theme well. so I stoleded it.  Tongue This move can be countered by spamming stop on as many towers as you can select at once, to reduce the health the titan regains.

Time Rift (Wind Walk)

Description: The Titan manipulates time around him. Any friendly unit within this area is rendered invisible to the builders, but any enemy who enters this area can see through the time rift. Lasts 30 Seconds.
Mana Cost: 200
Move style: Normal/Auto Self Targeted/Self AOE
Learned level: 5
Reasoning: Shorter than the average wind-walk, but definitely better. To make up for this, nearby enemies can see the titan and minions (and Chickens Cheesy).

Sand of Time (Extra)

Description: Surrounds the titan in a sand storm. Slows nearby enemies by XXX%, lowers the Armour of buildings and units by (UNKNOWN1) and gives sight of the area. Lasts (UNKNOWN2) Seconds.
                   Level1: 1 Armour, 10 Seconds
                   Level2: 3 Armour, 15 Seconds
Mana Cost: 250, 300
Learned level: 4, 8
Reasoning: I couldn't think of a sight move to suit him, or anything extra, so i just threw this one in. Let me know if anyone has a better idea.

Time Lock (Ultimate)
OR
Description: The titan chants the sacred spell (BloodElfMageYes3.wav) for all to hear. In 5 seconds, unfriendly buildings and units (Including Critters) on the map cannot be issued an order for 5 Seconds. This means nothing can move and no towers can attack the titan / minions for this time.
Mana Cost: 350
Move style: Normal/Auto Targeted/Universal
Learned level: 12
Reasoning: The point of the chant is to warn builders in their base to mover out of nuking range and to det your workers.

Minion
Names:

Stats
Base Hitpoints: 1850
Base Mana: 615
Speed: Normal
Base Strength: 35 (+7 per Lv)
Base Intelligence: 35 (+6 per Lv)
Base Agility: 35 (+6 per Lv)
Base Damage: 103 Hero
Base Armour: 11 Hero

Spells
Time Essence (Slow Poison)

Description: Drains the movement speed of the enemy target.
                  First hit: XXX%
                  Second hit: YYY%
                  Third hit: ZZZ%
Move style: Passive
Learned level: Default move
Reasoning: This slow poison is a little easier for the builders to escape, but harder for hunters and fighters.

Time Bounce (Nuke)

Description: Just the ordinary Bounce Nuke.
                   Level1: Just the ordinary level 1 Bounce Nuke.
                   Level2: Just the ordinary level 2 Bounce Nuke.
                   Level3: Just the ordinary level 3 Bounce Nuke.
Mana Cost: 300, 300, 300
Move style: Normal/Bounce/Targeted
Learned levels: 1, 3, 5
Reasoning: This is just the ordinary Bounce Nuke to make up for the Titans lack of Microing.

Lending Time (Heal)

Description: Lends (UNKNOWN1) health to the target.
                   Level1: 200 health.
                   Level2: 400 health.
                   Level3: 600 health.
Mana Cost: 200, 250, 300
Move style: Normal/Friendly/Targeted
Learned levels: 1, 3, 5
Reasoning: A not so good heal as it can lead to easier kills of your minions. Kinda balances with the Titans strong heal.

Time Spirit (Minion Summon)

Description: Revives a Spirit lost in time. The spirit deals (UNKNOWN1) damage and has (UNKNOWN2) health.
The summons can detonate on the titan/minion to give all of the summons health to the target. Maximum of (UNKNOWN3).
                   Level1: 15 Damage, 200 health, Maximum=3
                   Level2: 20 Damage, 400 health, Maximum=5
                   Level3: 25 Damage, 600 health, Maximum=7
Mana Cost: 130, 150, 180
Move style: Normal/Friendly/Targeted
Learned levels: 3, 6, 9
Reasoning: A unique minion summon.

Rage (Ultimate)

Description: Just the normal minion ultimate.
Mana Cost: Just the normal minion ultimate.
Move style: Normal/Auto Self-Targeted
Learned levels: 7
Reasoning: Just the normal minion ultimate.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:59:34 AM by CapnMelonHead » Logged

midboe
Spearloc

oh god

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

god we are drowning in titan submissions, i guess il wait with posting my titan.

1 second react time on the nuke? even for level 3 that is way to little time to react, and it defeats the purpose of
but if the builder is ready, it can easily be countered by detonating the worker targeted or another worker on it.

anyways he seem like an average titan, would enjoy to play him.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:34:31 AM by midboe » Logged
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:50:53 AM »

Thanks, i'll change that right now.

carnerox
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:25:31 AM »

Kinda interesting.
Dai-Rukh
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:46:10 AM »

This is a very well made titan. I just have a couple of questions:

Can you clarify your reasoning for his Ultimate, please? I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but why would it warn builders to leave nuking range and how is that helpful? I definitely see how it is a powerful ultimate, though.
You learn the ultimate at level 4, 8?
Lastly, I know that you have other things to do, but when can we see the minions?
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:30 AM »

This is a very well made titan. I just have a couple of questions:

Can you clarify your reasoning for his Ultimate, please? I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but why would it warn builders to leave nuking range and how is that helpful? I definitely see how it is a powerful ultimate, though.
You learn the ultimate at level 4, 8?
Lastly, I know that you have other things to do, but when can we see the minions?

The reason for the warning is when someone is re-walling or just lumbering in a base, normally if you see the titan coming, you would leave nuking range. If this ultimate didn't come with a warning, then you'll just be getting free minions out of it.

The leaning the ultimate 4 and 8 thing was a typo, thanks for that

I don't think i'm going to make an minion. I just made this because it was in my head for over a year, so i just wrote it down.

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »

The nuke is cool, I like that idea, but there is no way your are going to have a worker ready, unless of your you prepare yourself ahead of time - but if you are golding and as you run he hits you and tries to nuke, I don't think you would have a worker ready there. Also the time it takes for the bomb would have to be at least 2-3 seconds for the builder to be able to deny it...Assuming he has a worker ready and the D key is hot...

About the heal: do you get healed per second on XXX number of damage you take over a period of time? So, for example, I cast the spell, and let's say it lasts for 3 seconds to calculate the damage. And during those 3 seconds I take 1000 damage. For the next 2,3,4(?) seconds I get healed by 1000 per second? Seems like it would be very overpowered, if you were up against a mega tower base. And if the length was shorter for calculating the heal amount, the builder wouldn't be able to stop his towers from attacking in time.

Windwalk: You said that if a builder goes into the rift, that he can see the titan? So if I windwalk at a base, to regenerate by hitpoints during a siege, and a magnataur with 500 hp and 12 armor walks up to me, he and all the towers can attack me, and If i used a skill or attack back my windwalk is disabled, so it's useless... I feel that I'm a bit off on this skill, perhaps you meant that he could only see me if he was in the area while I casted windwalk, but then again if I had no minions why wouldn't he be there...

I like the ultimate, seems cool, but my only question is can the builders hear the ultimate if they cannot see the titan, or if he is a certain distance away from anyone?

I know this doesn't matter, but no humanoid models please, unless it is a demon or something un-human, elves don't count as un-human...

Also, (sorry for a long post) how come you have these large                                       gaps in your post?

All in all, I like it and would enjoy playing it  Grin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:56:09 PM by Coaster_Man » Logged

Pirate is an octopus in disguise!
midboe
Spearloc

oh god

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »

im sure if you change the tint and throw in some whirling effects, you can make him look evil, and enough non-human.
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »

Base titan stats level 1

Str 44 + 10 per level
Agi 42 + 3.5-5 per level depends on hero grant lowest don't remember who is highest
Int 42 + 7 per level

Damage 60 Hero
Armor -1 Hero
HP 900
MP 0

Most titans have these stats.

At any rate shorter ww doesn't mean you have to make it different. Voltron has a 20 second wind walk but learns it default, bub has a 20 second ww but a 110 cooldown compared to other titans 180 and some titans don't have a wind walk but have another way to become invisible.

Also I don't see how they would balance Reverse time without making the duration it lasts fairly short.
Thanks, I'll add those in
The windwalk also works like a fog generator. All nearby minions (And chickens) also become invisible.
The nuke is cool, I like that idea, but there is no way your are going to have a worker ready, unless of your you prepare yourself ahead of time - but if you are golding and as you run he hits you and tries to nuke, I don't think you would have a worker ready there. Also the time it takes for the bomb would have to be at least 2-3 seconds for the builder to be able to deny it...Assuming he has a worker ready and the D key is hot...

About the heal: do you get healed per second on XXX number of damage you take over a period of time? So, for example, I cast the spell, and let's say it lasts for 3 seconds to calculate the damage. And during those 3 seconds I take 1000 damage. For the next 2,3,4(?) seconds I get healed by 1000 per second? Seems like it would be very overpowered, if you were up against a mega tower base. And if the length was shorter for calculating the heal amount, the builder wouldn't be able to stop his towers from attacking in time.

Windwalk: You said that if a builder goes into the rift, that he can see the titan? So if I windwalk at a base, to regenerate by hitpoints during a siege, and a magnataur with 500 hp and 12 armor walks up to me, he and all the towers can attack me, and If i used a skill or attack back my windwalk is disabled, so it's useless... I feel that I'm a bit off on this skill, perhaps you meant that he could only see me if he was in the area while I casted windwalk, but then again if I had no minions why wouldn't he be there...

I like the ultimate, seems cool, but my only question is can the builders hear the ultimate if they cannot see the titan, or if he is a certain distance away from anyone?

I know this doesn't matter, but no humanoid models please, unless it is a demon or something un-human, elves don't count as un-human...

Also, (sorry for a long post) how come you have these large                                       gaps in your post?

All in all, I like it and would enjoy playing it  Grin

1. The nuke is only supposed to be counter-able when in a seed trying to survive, in your base, trying to detonate your workers in time or going near a satyr's den.

2. The heal is for every damage you take during that time, you regain the health you should of lost. I can't really explain it any better. This move does appear op, maybe it could work like for every5 damage you take during this time, you regain 1 health? With me, i always hot key 2 groups of towers as 8 and 9 so i can aim, so if the this titan came to me, i would easily be able to stop 12 towers.

3. The wind-walk I wanted to make it unique. This wind-walk doesn't work in bases as you said, but it can be used to ambush someone and if i decide to make the minions, and they have a proper nuke, unlike fog generator this doesn't give of evidence of the titan being there. This makes it easier to micro nuke. It can still be used like normal to get an early kill.

4. Everyone can hear the ultimate for reasons i said before.

5. i don't really care if there is a humanoid on this island.

6. sorry about the gaps, i was just trying something.

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »

Another thing about the heal: there is no point in stopping your towers from attacking the titan just to reduce his nuke. For example:
-Titan has 1000 hp
-Towers deal 500 damage over time
-Titan heals the 500 damage
-Titan has 1000 hp and killed a wall or two

example#2:
-Titan has 1000 hp
-You spam s and no towers attack at all, therefore his heal does nothing
-Titan still has 1000 hp and killed a wall or two

Same ending, although if he used his heal near death and you killed him before the spell's duration was finished, actually healing him, he would be dead.

CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »

That's why i asked earlier if i should change it to every 5 damage = 1 health.
And he doesn't restore health at the end of the period, he restores it as he takes it. (Try playing the death knight in DotA, you'll see what I mean.)

MINIONS NOW ADDED.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:02:19 PM by CapnMelonHead » Logged

RuNm
Titanious Minion

What do you want from me?

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »

For the ultimate, since it includes everything that isn't friendly, I would say maybe 5 seconds? Just so it isn't too op, because you can destroy at least a wall and a half in that amount or hunt down an escapeing enemy because he is frozen, or even, badly hurt a mag or tauren while their on their ultimates.  Shocked

CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

That's what i was thinking.
Heal balanced a bit. Is it any better now?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:26:19 PM by CapnMelonHead » Logged

Dai-Rukh
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:29:23 AM »

The Heal does look decently balanced now. It's still very powerful, but everyone has a strong suit.
I like the Minions, thanks for putting them in.
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »

Your welcome. Grin

turbo
Beta Tester
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 01:58:23 PM »

Maybe you should replace your mini's ultimate with the sands of time spell. I'm tired of mini's having the same skills over and over. Even then, you could do something like Glac's mini's and have then nerfed in 1 area and buffed in another (for glac they suffer damage penalties but become great tanks). Try to think about something more exciting than just normal rage. Also, the heal seems kind of weak now, especially since your mini's can't bounce heal him. I would put level 4 to atleast 60%, and start off with 20%. These are just suggestions.

Quote from: Playerof
I am officialy an IDIOT!!!!! Tongue
Quote from: Playerof date=1289822009
twas hit straight in the eye by a cock
[23:52:51] Lazure : Thank you.
[23:52:59] Lazure : I love being a slut :O
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 03:06:17 PM »

Maybe you should replace your mini's ultimate with the sands of time spell. I'm tired of mini's having the same skills over and over. Even then, you could do something like Glac's mini's and have then nerfed in 1 area and buffed in another (for glac they suffer damage penalties but become great tanks). Try to think about something more exciting than just normal rage. Also, the heal seems kind of weak now, especially since your mini's can't bounce heal him. I would put level 4 to atleast 60%, and start off with 20%. These are just suggestions.

If i give the minion sands of time, then the titan has only 4 moves with no sight move. The minion summons level up and can 'detonate' themselves on a friendly unit to transfer all their health. E.G. Level 2 Minion summons detonates on the titan and heals the titan for 400 health. If you can think of a better ultimate for the minions, be my guest.
Maybe the ultimate can be like dragon hawk riders cloud. It disables a group of towers but is channeling. If the minion uses a spell or moves, the cloud ends.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:07:54 PM by CapnMelonHead » Logged

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

The heal is too weak now...
Titan vs mega tower base, deep in base. Level 4 heal:
(30 towers) x (50 damage per tower) = 1500 damage (pierce)
1500 x (armor reduction (60%?) + pierce to hero reduction(15%?)) = 375
damage x 55% = heal amount 206.25
=small Sad
Most towers don't attack twice per second so I only used one set of 30 attacks. Also I know that some of my numbers may be off but you get the point. The more armor the titan has the less he gets healed, but if he gets less armor for more heal he's just taking more damage... I dislike the heal Sad

Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »

Nuke is overpowered in pubs, and will be useless with any decent players.
Heal is extremely weak, needs to last longer and heal more.
WW is neat
Ult is very neat, but really is a glorified abysmal waters.

I is pro

The Farmer
Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »

ww is bad but good
good for mass nukes or ambushing cause it makes minions invis too if they are near,
but what i was trying to say before was that if you are sieging a base and hit ww cause you are near death or w/e, all the baser or support has to do is go near you and they can see you and boom towers kill you  Angry
Time Rift (Wind Walk)

Description: The Titan manipulates time around him. Any friendly unit within this area is rendered invisible to the builders, but any enemy who enters this area can see through the time rift. Lasts 30 Seconds.
Reasoning: Shorter than the average wind-walk, but definitely better. To make up for this, nearby enemies can see the titan and minions (and Chickens Cheesy).

midboe
Spearloc

oh god

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

ww is bad but good
good for mass nukes or ambushing cause it makes minions invis too if they are near,
but what i was trying to say before was that if you are sieging a base and hit ww cause you are near death or w/e, all the baser or support has to do is go near you and they can see you and boom towers kill you  Angry
Time Rift (Wind Walk)

so what do you think is wrong with it? it has a con and a pro.
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:35 AM »

I know I'm wrong with numbers, that's why i want some one to make them up for me. And during the heal, could your armor could be reduced to 0 for that time?

no humanoid models please
I know this point is old, but i have been thinking about it lately. The map description says:
.....Will the helpless inhabitants destroy the legendary titan to save their island.....
It is referring to creature builders. Nothing says the titan can't be of a human shape.

I was thinking about changing the minion model to the Blood Elf Lieutenant model.
Minion Icon:
No lieutenant icon Sad
New Nuke:
OR
Heal:
OR remain the same.

Coaster_Man
Titan of the Abyss

Self Moderator

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »

I know I'm wrong with numbers, that's why i want some one to make them up for me. And during the heal, could your armor could be reduced to 0 for that time?
You just don't get it do you. If you decrease the defense, the heal will be greater, but it won't matter because the titan will take more damage, so it nulls the heal.

midboe
Spearloc

oh god

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:30 AM »

You just don't get it do you. If you decrease the defense, the heal will be greater, but it won't matter because the titan will take more damage, so it nulls the heal.
its during the heal, how will that maek him take more damage?
CapnMelonHead
Spearloc

I Dunno?

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »

I've said it before, go try the death knight in DotA to understand how the heal works.
During the time of the heal, You don't take damage. The damage you should of taken heals you when the heal is up. Get it better now?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: