Island Defense
August 20, 2019, 09:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: not so new version:  3.0.6G4, 3.0.8d

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Zealot - Master of Energy [[NEARLY COMPLETED. LAST EDITING STAGE]]  (Read 18687 times)
fidey
Titan Hunter

Name 3 Titans: fire rock blue

« on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

I had read Neco's Vulcan idea and it reminded me of the Protoss in StarCraft II. But he locked the thread of the Vulcan builder so I'll put my revisions on this new, fresh thread instead.

This builder starts off with an item called the Staff of Auire. The staff grants him the ability to swap places with any chosen ally. Great for support or TKing. Range of 300 and a cooldown of 120. Cannot be dropped and when combined with the Staff of Elune creates the Token of the Gods.

Token of the Gods: Active ability. The Zealot prays to the gods (for 10 seconds) that a magical missle should fall upon a chosen area (an aoe nuke). Deals 1,000 DMG and during the casttime the Zealot loses 10hp/s. Should the Zealot not have 10hp/s to lose the cast is immediately ended. The area of the nuke has a small aoe of dots (the range check dots) and does not damage ally units. 150 mana, 150 cooldown

[NOTE: The Staff of Elune is located in the Gold Towers section at the end of the builder suggestion. The Token should not be too much of an issue in terms of imbalance. Unless, of course, you name one certain instance where it might instagib the Titan. When mentioning aforementioned certain instance please get your head out your ass because by your logic of saying that the item is imbalanced, shouldn't the Radioactive builder have 5 active teleports because getting trapped would mean no way out? With Radio, you plan accordingly to what is available. In this case, him having the most god awful running escape means that you absolutely need your Hunter and should not run into a seed with one way out. The same way that the Titan should plan accordingly should he see a Magnataur with Polar Wrath, or in this case a Zealot with a Token.]

[NOTE: By one certain instance I mean the Titan not running. Should the Titan see a dotted AOE (And this should be very clear) and should he see the Zealot casting, then obviously he should run. Simple logic.]

Stats

Damage: 125
HP: 300, Normal regen rate (When in a 500 range of any of IT'S OWN Node of Strength he gains +100% health regeneration)
MP: 100, Normal regen rate (When in a 500 range of any of IT'S OWN Node of Intelligence he gains +100% mana regeneration)
MS: Normal movement speed (When in a 500 range of any of IT'S OWN Node of Agility he gains +50% movement speed)
Damage: 125
Type: Piercing
Range: Range starts at melee, and can be upgraded

Inventory of 6

Armor: 5
Type: Heavy

Harvesting Rate: His workers (10 food) are all powered by his Power Node and lumber at the same rate as a normal worker.
The Zealot also has a 3 food worker with no abilities or stats whatsoever. Their purpose is to load into the Zealot's towers should he choose to base.

[NOTE: His workers WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DETONATE SHOULD THE POWER NODE DIE!]
[NOTE: His Node is at first a 3x3 shelter that grants neither food nor power]

Abilities

Ethereal Shift: Passive. The Zealot is only barely in this dimension, and because of this Titans may have trouble focusing their attacks on him. 10% evasion

Phase Warp: Instant cast, immediately turns invisible and ethereal. After 1 second he is teleported to a random Node of Knowledge and the Zealot is stunned until fully healed (5 hp/s regeneration). (No mana)

Shadowmeld: Self explanatory. Activated at night.

[NOTE: This acts like the Staff of Preservation of Humans in TFT ladder. The ability is passive (Unusuable) unless a research center is created. If you do not understand what I mean by passive, I will use Puppeteer as an example. When the Puppet is created, the spell for creating a new Puppet is dulled out and when you click on the icon nothing happens. This is exactly how the Phase Warp will work]

Phase Dash: The Zealot uses his energies to propel himself forward in time. Allows him to dash away in a range of 500. 90 second cooldown (100 mana)

Power Generator: Creates a permanent power field that can power towers, workers, research centers and all that (Acts as a Power Node). 1x1 unit destructible with 50hp. There is no collision size on this unit. 180 second cooldown (200 mana) Range of 1,000

[NOTE: The Zealot will also consider this a priority over his Node of Knowledge when he uses his teleport escape ability. This means with the Basic Psionic Mastery upgrade, he can lay down a generator in the middle of the map and teleport there. This works like the Demon's nether warp. HOWEVER, the generator WILL NOT die unless attacked. There is only one generator allowed. The Zealot must be on top of where he will place the generator to stop abuse of placing it in places where he cannot be attacked or nuked]

Buildings

Node (Shelter)
Ordinary Shelter stats
Costs 30 lumber

[NOTE: The Node is utterly useless without becoming a Power Node]

Power Node (Shelter)
Ordinary Shelter stats
Costs 150 lumber to upgrade from the Node. Provides 150 food.
This acts as a shelter with a power range of 500.

Node of Strength
Ordinary shelter stats
Costs 150 lumber to upgrade from a Knowledge or Power Node.
This has power in a range of 200. Good for seeding

Node of Agility
Ordinary shelter stats

Node of Intelligence
Ordinary shelter stats

Node of Knowledge
Ordinary research center stats
Costs 150 lumber to upgrade from the Power Node. Provides all tier 1 researches (and turtle scales)
This MUST be powered by a Power Node.

(Wall)
Ordinary Wall Stats
Cost 50 Lumber.

Can be upgraded to:
(Enhanced Wall)
Ordinary Enhanced Wall Stats
Costs 250 Lumber

[NOTE: When powered by Power Nodes the Zealot's buildings (including walls) get a further +5 armor]

Tower
The towers are unique, in being that they require 3 workers to load into them so that they can fire.
The towers also have no upgrade available (Like Spear Towers on Panda), and they have 35 Chaos DMG. Each worker designates a specific tower level. For example:
1 worker = level 1 tower (Murloc spear tower)
2 workers = level 2 tower (Murloc enhanced spear tower)
3 workers = level 3 tower (Murloc super spear tower)

[NOTE: The workers only affect the attack rate of the tower. ie, having only 1 worker is not as useful as having 3 workers. The reasoning behind 3 is that it allows you to have a maximum of 150 food, while balancing out the attack speed]

Merchant
Ordinary Merchant stats
Ordinary Merchant items

Advanced Reasearch Center
Ordinary ARC stats. Costs 20g
The ARC and RC can research:

Power Node Upgrade: Has 5 tier1 upgrades. Upgrades the range of the Power Nodes by 50/50/50/50/50. Costs 300 lumber each. (Tooltip: The Zealot constructs superior shields on his Power Nodes and grants them 50 more range) There are also 3 tier2 upgrades with the same range bonus.

Node of Strength Upgrade: Has 5 tier1 upgrades. Upgrades the range and effectiveness of the Node by 50/50/50/50/50. Costs 300 lumber each. (Tooltip: The Zealot imbues his Nodes of Strength with more power. Grants 50 range) There are also 3 tier2 upgrades with the same range bonus.

Node of Agility Upgrade: Has 5 tier1 upgrades. Upgrades the range and effectiveness of the Node by 50/50/50/50/50. Costs 300 lumber each. (Tooltip: The Zealot imbues his Nodes of Agility with more power. Grants 50 range) There are also 3 tier2 upgrades with the same range bonus.

Node of Intelligence Upgrade: Has 5 tier1 upgrades. Upgrades the range and effectiveness of the Node by 50/50/50/50/50. Costs 300 lumber each. (Tooltip: The Zealot imbues his Nodes of Intelligence with more power. Grants 50 range)

[Basic damage upgrade]: Upgrades the Zealot's [weapon]. +50 dmg

[Enhanced damage upgrade]: Further upgrades the Zealot's [weapon]. +100 dmg 5% chance to criti

[Superior damage upgrade]: Boosts the Zealot's [weapon]... again. +150 dmg 10% chance to criti

[Mastered damage upgrade]: Upgrades the Zealot's [weapon] with adamantite tips. +50 dmg 15% chance

[NOTE: Only testing will determine if these skills and rates are imbalanced or not]

Basic Psionic Mastery: The Zealot learns the ability to focus his energies into an area (AOE effect) that grants his allies temporary buffs in speed and durability. He also gains 50 mana.
The skill works like this:
If there is 1 allied unit inside the AOE, he is granted 100% ms and +10 armor for 15 seconds
If there are 2 allied units inside the AOE, they are granted 50% ms and +5 armor each for 15 seconds
If there are 3 allied units inside the AOE< they are granted 33% ms and +3 armor each for 15 seconds

This trend will continue on and on until the number of units exceed 100 or the maximum number of units are in the AOE.

Superior Psionic Mastery: The Zealot is gains knowledge of the art of creating power fields. Allows the Zealot to create power generators. Also gains 75 mana.

Mastered Psionic Mastery: The Zealot develops the ultimate weapon for eliminating Titanious beings: Energy nukes. The Zealot gets a nuke that deals 300 DMG (Full DMG, hero armor does not reduce this). Cooldown of 11 seconds. Costs 100 mana.

Feedback Level1: The Zealot laces his [Insert weapon here] with magic burning shards. Burns 50 mana each hit.

Feedback Level2: The Zealot enhances his burning shards by adding poisoned barbs. Slows down the Titan by [rate magnataur does with polar speed upgrade]

Feedback Level3: The Zealot develops the ultimate magic in disabling his opponents: lines his [weapon] with a mysterious liquid that befuddles his victim, making him momentarily stunned for 1 second.

[NOTE: Level 1 costs 10g, Level 2 costs 15, Level 3 costs 25]
[NOTE: Level 3 has a percentage based stun, obviously. 20% to stun]

Energy Shield Level1: The Zealot creates a shield of energy around him, damaging all units that attack him by 25% of their DMG. +2 armor. +5% evasion

Energy Shield Level2: The Zealot enhances his energy shield, damaging all units that attack him by 50% of their DMG. Also grants fortified armor. +3 armor. +5% evasion

Energy Shield Level3: The Zealot maximizes his efforts in constructing his shield. +5 armor. +10% evasion

Chitneous Layers: Coats all his workers (Including the 3food ones) in chitneous spikes that when hit, damages the enemy unit that attacked him by 50% of their DMG

Corporeal Aura: The Zealot generates an aura of power and haste, increases attack speed and movement speed by 10% each. Does not affect allied units.

Advanced Zealot Training: Decreases cooldown of all abilities by 2 seconds each.

[NOTE: Some of these researches may be researched in the research center, but displayed in the ARC area because they require an ARC]

Gold Towers

Energy Cannon: The Zealot constructs a massive cannon of destruction that does 100 magic DMG at an astonishing rate(Same rate as rapidfire). When held inside inventory imbues his blades with magical energy. Develops poison (Spear on nature poison with animation of the mana wand Demo has) that burns for 3 seconds. Deals 10 dps. Also +70 damage. 95g

Staff of Elune: The Zealot creates a replica of the revered Staff of Elune. When activated, shrouds the Island in a magical twilight (makes it nighttime) and passively grants 325 hp. Once transmuted cannot be brought back into tower form. 125 chaos DMG. Attack speed of the Hell's Grip.

[NOTE: There may be an issue with both Staves forming together once in the inventory. In this case, I have added that the Zealot also needs an Effigy of Drak'Thul. This is located in the research center of the Zealot. Costs 1,000 lumber and sells for 500. Utterly useless and grants absolutely nothing except as an item requirement for the Token and perhaps a lumber sink for other builders.]

[ADDITIONAL NOTES: The attack is a blue bird (Spirit Walker, I believe) and with Mastered Psionic Mastery becomes an orange bird (Sorceress).

The lumber costs for all the buildings are the exact same as for other builders. Costs of researches and towers will be added shortly.]

Changed the mass red text... - Neco
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:23:29 PM by fidey » Logged

The Zealot builder (Check it out, it's completely original. No bias. Okay, maybe a little bias. But seriously seeing the concept of the builder made my penis happy. And NOW seriously lol go take a look at it. You might like it.) http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,1220.msg19120.html#msg19120
Pilzquadrat
Murloc

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:37:58 AM »

What's tropical storm? Everything refers to it but I couldn't find it anywhere^^

Will towers get 35 dmg per worker?

Easy basers are NOT supposed to have champion harvesters.
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:22:16 AM »

What's tropical storm? Everything refers to it but I couldn't find it anywhere^^

Will towers get 35 dmg per worker?

The tropical storm was the original 'node', but I renamed it since it didn't fit with the theme I had in mind.
(The theme involves some futuristic builder who's buildings are powered by power nodes and such)

The towers work like burrows in TFT ladder and Morphling towers. The workers only increase the attack rate. The damage stays constant. At the rate each tower costs to be fully "upgraded", he would have very few towers and that is the reason why they all have chaos DMG.

The Zealot builder (Check it out, it's completely original. No bias. Okay, maybe a little bias. But seriously seeing the concept of the builder made my penis happy. And NOW seriously lol go take a look at it. You might like it.) http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,1220.msg19120.html#msg19120
Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »

Real quick on power generator, I suggest allowing it to be 'detonated', but make it take 5 seconds or so.

I is pro

The Farmer
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »

Real quick on power generator, I suggest allowing it to be 'detonated', but make it take 5 seconds or so.

I'm not sure on this idea because as I've been arguing with myself on if it should be timed, or feed off of the builder's lumber (Like it being a generator, it leeches x lumber every x unit of time), or being detonateable, or make it permanent.

I guess we'll just have to see if it gets implemented. It really depends on how much the generator will give on death to the Titan.

Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »

Well I suggested it taking 5 seconds, so you don't just kill it right before titan comes, but the problem is if you place it in a base, you can't base somewhere else unless titan kills it.

Also on the tower idea, I think it could work, but it definitely has some problems. I mean you can have up to 25 towers max, and already have them at super spear level. So early basing with this guy would be amazing, but late game he doesn't seem to grow at all, so while other bases have mega towers, he would still only have the supers. Unless I missed something.

I is pro

The Farmer
Northwind
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »

I'm liking this idea. Its unique and yet balanced enough to suit Island Defense! Triggering it would be a bitch but thats for me to get over.

Any idea for the name/model? My old Vulcans fire spawn model wouldn't really suit. I can talk to you later tonight if you have no idea... I've spent ages trolling around all the buttons and models in the mpq so I have a good idea about what type of stuff there is you can use.
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »

I'm liking this idea. Its unique and yet balanced enough to suit Island Defense! Triggering it would be a bitch but thats for me to get over.

Any idea for the name/model? My old Vulcans fire spawn model wouldn't really suit. I can talk to you later tonight if you have no idea... I've spent ages trolling around all the buttons and models in the mpq so I have a good idea about what type of stuff there is you can use.

Yeah I figured the powering would take ages. I've been thinking of a name and model, but I don't think War3 has anything suitable for a futuristic builder. I've been thinking about making it the Satyr replacement to suit most everyone's needs without copying TOO much. Oh and we can use something from Starcraft. A zealot, maybe.

Zen1400
Titan of the Abyss

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »

You could use the goblin trap model, and change that model to something else like stasis trap, and also change icon to stasis.

I is pro

The Farmer
Northwind
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »

Or a wisp or something simular. I mean, it is kind of an "energy" builder.
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

Vouch for wisp. A small portal if you wish. Something that looks like it emits energy

doomslayer3
Worker

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »

i sense major Early base overpowerness unless towers cost 2000 wood each xD
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »

Any early base is extremely powerful simply because it's too early in the game

The basis for his towers being so powerful is because the baser lacks "oomph" to take on a Titan lategame.

The option to tower is like the Normal Panda's spear tower bases:
1. You're fucking around
2. There's no other option

13eetle13omber
Speedy Turtle

Hammer and Sickle -Builders Suggestions

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »

The basis for his towers being so powerful is because the baser lacks "oomph" to take on a Titan lategame.

1. You're fucking around
Why do people think spear bases are so bad? Am I missing some deep facts here or what? Same damage as gnoll super towers, same range, and they cost less. Only thing missing is the poison?

13 E E T L E 13 O M B E R
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

1. You're fucking around
Why do people think spear bases are so bad? Am I missing some deep facts here or what? Same damage as gnoll super towers, same range, and they cost less. Only thing missing is the poison?

Spear bases are not "bad", in the typical sense.

Spear towers are have no option of being upgraded. You also underestimate the power of the poison. It is so powerful that Gnoll towers have a lower DPS rate because of it (Gnoll bases without hunters are typically better than Murloc bases without hunters because of the poison). Spears are also in the bottom of the tech tree in terms of Pandaren towers. Do not tell me you would rather mass spears than mass volcanoes if you were playing against a top tier Titan.

The point is, the builder has an option to base but it's limited by the small number of towers it can make and having no option for upgrades on his towers.

_Cooljul_
Spearloc

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »

this model could be good for this builder

I Am Guuuuutttthhiiiixxxx
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:49 PM »

Looks like he's fapping. I want a futuristic model sorry. He looks more like a Nazi

fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 07:09:59 PM »

EDIT: Bumped and added new skills. Also need people to criticize

Northwind
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »

You Suck.
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 06:35:09 AM »

You Suck.

I so sorry. I suck

Northwind
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »

Need people to criticize
Was just following orders, boss.
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

Need people to criticize
Was just following orders, boss.

Nid better goon

fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »

I see some problems or things off most of them aren't major though

His Node of Strength Upgrade

This guy seems to have a difficult time starting a lumber base since he needs 150 lumber for a food source. How much lumber does his builder gather per hit?

So besides the 35 chaos damage of the towers how much lumber do they cost etc.

Basic Psionic Mastery seems to be the only base skill that increases his armor. He seems like a supporter that can base but he can't really help defend a base without massive amounts of gold assuming your counting arc cost at 45 gold and 1250 lumber which most of the builders have. He needs to be able to get the first levels of energy shield early as well as some cheap hp upgrades or be a som what ranged unit like fairy.

I was basing him off of Faerie and Panda yes.

Oh and it's 10 per hit, just like Panda.

I want it to have a range of 350

ClicketyClick
Banned
Titanious Minion

I have eaten your Abismals.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

do use helghan model

PDBAZ!!!
fidey
Titan Hunter

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »

Ah then that's an error, obviously

What do you mean, tower stats?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: